Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mark Sanchize To The Eagles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
Fuck me... I don't believe this laugh.gif USC QBs are the worst QBs in NFL history and we want two of them now. Like Matt "Garbage" Barkley wasn't enough now we want the fucking Sanchize laugh.gif Let Mike Vick Go, Sign Mark Sanchez. Maybe we can bring in Matt Leinhart and John David Booty to compete biggrin.gif A week ago I would've given our pre-draft moves an A, now I don't think an F- is low enough

Birdman420
You're kidding right?

is it april fools yet?
nephillymike
And just for more fun, they mentioned that Sanchez failed his physical upon his exit from the Jets but it wasn't expected to hinder his signing with the Eagles. Per 97.5

So it's bad enough to get Sanchez, but to get an unhealthy Sanchez, now that is some good free agency work!
Dreagon
I can't figure out how that guy could find ANY team to pay actual money to take him. Colt McCoy, Matt Flynn, David Garrard, Rex Grossman, and Kevin Kolb are all still out there....yeah, they suck too, but I would take any one of them over Captain Buttfumble.

(of course, I would also take any one of them over Brandon Weeden too so it ain't like my team is making me proud on this subject)
bwc2112
Got to find my gun cleaning kit,
1. Clean gun
2. Put plastic down as not to make a mess.
3.Hope they are kidding
4. Figure out perfect shot, temple or full mouth.
5.Ask Vick for forgiveness and good luck.
6. Letter to head office with nothing but this, ???????????????????????????????????????????????
7.Insert cartridge
8. Sleep on it thinking I am having a nightmare.
9. Hope the hell I was dreaming and unload gun.
10. Make damn ass sure they did not sign him.
11. Notice I haven't pulled the trigger yet(HOPING)
12. I'll get back to you.
Zero
I just looked at Philly.com, the official site and Birds 24/7 ... nothing but rumored interest. Do you have a link or is this more "the Eagles fucked up" crap?
bwc2112
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 24 2014, 08:02 PM) *
I just looked at Philly.com, the official site and Birds 24/7 ... nothing but rumored interest. Do you have a link or is this more "the Eagles fucked up" crap?

Sounds like more media crap as usual, although, if true. What The Fuck? Makes no sense, send Vick to Jets and pick up their towel boy.
Zero
I hate Sanchez!
make_it_rain
What a weird offseason. I've tried to see the logic behind the moves, or lack thereof, but I give up. It's been such a strong range of reactions:

Beginning Offseason
"Nice... resigning Coop, Maclin, Peters, and Kelce? Where do I get my Roseman jersey?"

Free Agency Starts
"No Byrd or Ward... or any of the defensive players many wanted. Jenkins has potential....I guess. Carol gives us some decent depth. We'll get a kicker somewhere, and maybe find a good passrusher."

Sproles Trade
"Well this could get interesting."

DeSean Trade Speculation
"Ha. Stupid rumors. Can't be true"

DeSean On His Way Out confirmed.
"I don't get it. There has to be something we don't know about. That's the only way they'd get rid of him in a fire sale, right? huh.gif "

Sanchez Signed

I dont even really care about Sanchez, I'm pretty indifferent to him overall and think he might be serviceable. I just don't get this move at all, or the priorities it represents
TGryn
If you look at his numbers, he was actually progressing nicely up through his 3rd season, then he had an awful 2012 and didn't throw a regular season pass last year because of the shoulder. Another factor may be did that he did pretty well against Kelly's Oregon teams the two times he faced them, and was a legitimate top-10 prospect in the 2009 draft. At this point he has to be considered a reclamation project who needs to get his health back and his mind right after the way his Jets career ended up (not that the dysfunctional franchise around him helped). Getting time as a backup in another city with the pressure off for a while might be just what he needs.
nephillymike
QUOTE (TGryn @ Mar 24 2014, 08:02 PM) *
If you look at his numbers, he was actually progressing nicely up through his 3rd season, then he had an awful 2012 and didn't throw a regular season pass last year because of the shoulder. Another factor may be did that he did pretty well against Kelly's Oregon teams the two times he faced them, and was a legitimate top-10 prospect in the 2009 draft. At this point he has to be considered a reclamation project who needs to get his health back and his mind right after the way his Jets career ended up (not that the dysfunctional franchise around him helped). Getting time as a backup in another city with the pressure off for a while might be just what he needs.

You had me up until "with the pressure off". This is Eagle football. He will feel pressure.
City of Brotherly Love.
That Ain't Love, Brother!
TGryn
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 24 2014, 06:08 PM) *
You had me up until "with the pressure off". This is Eagle football. He will feel pressure.
City of Brotherly Love.
That Ain't Love, Brother!

I'm assuming Foles would still be the starter. Historically, the most popular QB in Philly has always been the backup, as long as he doesn't play. If Sanchez can get a year or so of learning the offense and being out of the spotlight, I suspect that would probably help him a lot. We're tough, but being a top-10 pick for a New York team means you'd better walk on water from Day 1 or else. Here, he'd be "just another guy" as long as Foles keeps playing well.
nephillymike
QUOTE (TGryn @ Mar 24 2014, 08:31 PM) *
I'm assuming Foles would still be the starter. Historically, the most popular QB in Philly has always been the backup, as long as he doesn't play.

Good point!

HOUSEoPAIN
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 24 2014, 08:26 PM) *
What a weird offseason. I've tried to see the logic behind the moves, or lack thereof, but I give up. It's been such a strong range of reactions:

Beginning Offseason
"Nice... resigning Coop, Maclin, Peters, and Kelce? Where do I get my Roseman jersey?"

Free Agency Starts
"No Byrd or Ward... or any of the defensive players many wanted. Jenkins has potential....I guess. Carol gives us some decent depth. We'll get a kicker somewhere, and maybe find a good passrusher."

Sproles Trade
"Well this could get interesting."

DeSean Trade Speculation
"Ha. Stupid rumors. Can't be true"

DeSean On His Way Out confirmed.
"I don't get it. There has to be something we don't know about. That's the only way they'd get rid of him in a fire sale, right? huh.gif "

Sanchez Signed

I dont even really care about Sanchez, I'm pretty indifferent to him overall and think he might be serviceable. I just don't get this move at all, or the priorities it represents

After the easy re-signings, Howie may have gotten a touch of the 'I am Keith Hernandez' syndrome, a la Reid making Castillo DC.
JaxEagle
I'm not high on Sanchez but I am higher on him than Barkley. I want to draft a QB tis year.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Mar 24 2014, 11:35 PM) *
I'm not high on Sanchez but I am higher on him than Barkley. I want to draft a QB tis year.

How about no? Get me some defense and a WR pending DJax's departure.
Jax
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 25 2014, 07:57 AM) *
How about no? Get me some defense and a WR pending DJax's departure.

Didn't say I wanted to use a high round pick on a QB but I would like to add a QB to the roster. I agree that we have more pressing needs with the higher picks. I'd like to add a backup like Connor Shaw with a Day 3 pick. He fits Chip Kelly.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Jax @ Mar 25 2014, 09:39 AM) *
Didn't say I wanted to use a high round pick on a QB but I would like to add a QB to the roster. I agree that we have more pressing needs with the higher picks. I'd like to add a backup like Connor Shaw with a Day 3 pick. He fits Chip Kelly.

I'm no scout, but I liked what I saw of Shaw when I watched a few SC games this year. But I'd say at this point he's more of a luxury than anything, with the defense and Jackson's uncertain departure.
TGryn
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Mar 24 2014, 08:35 PM) *

Unfortunately after the Sproles trade we've only got six draft picks left, which doesn't leave a lot of room for splurging. I'm sure if Kelly sees a QB there in any round who's just clearly better than any other player at that spot, though, they'll take that guy. That's basically what happened with Barkley last year.
bounty101
QUOTE (TGryn @ Mar 25 2014, 12:38 PM) *
Unfortunately after the Sproles trade we've only got six draft picks left, which doesn't leave a lot of room for splurging. I'm sure if Kelly sees a QB there in any round who's just clearly better than any other player at that spot, though, they'll take that guy. That's basically what happened with Barkley last year.

I'll bet the Eagles draft Aaron Murray from Georgia in a mid round. He might have been a 1st rounder last year, but stayed in school and got hurt. The guy's getting lots of love from scouts and will probably be there at the end of round 3.
Jax
QUOTE (bounty101 @ Mar 25 2014, 11:43 AM) *
I'll bet the Eagles draft Aaron Murray from Georgia in a mid round. He might have been a 1st rounder last year, but stayed in school and got hurt. The guy's getting lots of love from scouts and will probably be there at the end of round 3.

Possible but I think when it comes down to it then both Murray and Shaw will go higher than projected right now. There are teams that absolutely must come away with a QB in this draft. We are not one of them but it would be nice to add a guy like that. I completely agree that we don't have much room to splurge and if we don't come away with a QB then it isn't a failure. I'd just like to be more secure with my backup then I am with either Sanchez or Barkley since QB injuries can happen at anytime and they totally change the outlook on a season.
bounty101
Yeah he might not be there in round three. I've seen good QB's drop surprisingly far in the draft though (Foles), so it wouldn't surprise me for sure. The only knock on Foles in the scouting reports were his lack of mobility and tendency to stare at the rush and "scramble into trouble" (NFL.com) which turned out to be very true, but not as incriminating as they thought. The latter can be worked on as well, and it's better than turning the ball over anyway.

I'm not as low on Barkley as some. His arm strength was really poor last year, but I don't think he ever got a chance to heal from the shoulder surgery, which is why he dropped to the 3rd round. I absolutely love Murray and think he'd do well in Chip's offense if Foles got hurt... wouldn't put it past them to pick him up in the 2nd or 3rd if he were still there. Best player available and all...
Jax
QUOTE (bounty101 @ Mar 25 2014, 01:25 PM) *
His arm strength was really poor last year, but I don't think he ever got a chance to heal from the shoulder surgery, which is why he dropped to the 3rd round. I absolutely love Murray and think he'd do well in Chip's offense if Foles got hurt... wouldn't put it past them to pick him up in the 2nd or 3rd if he were still there. Best player available and all...

Certainly could be the case.
nephillymike
Fwiw, the latest draftek mock has Manziel dropping to us at #22!

I'd love for him to be there and for us to trade the pick and get anothercmidround pick for dropping a few spots.
nephillymike

I'd love for him to be there and for us to trade the pick and get anothercmidround pick for dropping a few spots.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 25 2014, 06:15 PM) *

Totally agree!
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 25 2014, 06:15 PM) *

Agree with this too wink.gif
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 25 2014, 04:15 PM) *

Shut the fuck up Mikey mad.gif

Enough with the Manziel teases... I had resigned after we made it the playoffs. No chance at Manziel , but every now and then his name keeps popping up with the Eagles. It's torture
JaxEagle
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 25 2014, 08:33 PM) *

Enough with the Manziel teases... I had resigned after we made it the playoffs. No chance at Manziel , but every now and then his name keeps popping up with the Eagles. It's torture

What a waste of a pick if we took him in the first couple rounds. He could make me look stupid for passing but I will take my chances.
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 25 2014, 08:33 PM) *

Well the latest one released today has us passing on him and taking wr m. Lee and Manziel goes to CLE at 26! They were factoring in the DJax saga but didn't get the latest hopeful info.

U really take him with Foles here?
bounty101
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 25 2014, 11:06 PM) *
Well the latest one released today has us passing on him and taking wr m. Lee and Manziel goes to CLE at 26! They were factoring in the DJax saga but didn't get the latest hopeful info.

U really take him with Foles here?

As good as Foles was last season, it was only one season. Can't put all of your eggs in that basket just yet...
Zero
I can't believe there are people talking about drafting a QB in round 1 when the team's biggest need is defense and after Foles had the year he had! WR is a stretch too but at least there's a basis for that because they seem to have need for a bigger WR and all the speculation, drama about DJax.

How about they get a pass rusher or safety up there!
bounty101
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 26 2014, 05:50 AM) *
I can't believe there are people talking about drafting a QB in round 1 when the team's biggest need is defense and after Foles had the year he had! WR is a stretch too but at least there's a basis for that because they seem to have need for a bigger WR and all the speculation, drama about DJax.

How about they get a pass rusher or safety up there!

I wouldn't draft a QB in the 1st, if I were to put my Roseman hat on. But if Manziel was there at 22?? That would be tough to pass up. I think if that were the case, the Eagles would trade down or pass though. Manziel isn't a Chip Kelly kind of person, I wouldn't think.

Also, I think 22 is a tough spot for safeties and pass rushers. If the CB Dennard is still there, they might take him, but both Clinton Dix and Pryor will definitely be off the board by 22, and drafting a safety after those two would be about a 20-pick reach. Same for the pass rushers. Kony Ealy and Dee Ford will likely be available there, but they're also reaches at 22, although Dee Ford is an extremely talented pass rusher who could play on third downs immediately. Positions with the best value in that part of the 1st round are going to be offensive lineman (Zach Martin(ND), Morgan Moses(VA)) and wide receivers (Kelvin Benjamin(FSU), Brandin Cooks(OSU), Marquise Lee(USC), Odell Beckham(LSU)) in this draft, so don't get your hopes up about the Eagles drafting a position of need in the first round unless they move up five spots or so to get a safety.
Phits
QUOTE (bounty101 @ Mar 26 2014, 10:02 AM) *
Manziel isn't a Chip Kelly kind of person, I wouldn't think.

Most people didn't think Foles was a Chip "type player". He is proving many of us wrong.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 26 2014, 10:36 PM) *
Most people didn't think Foles was a Chip "type player". He is proving many of us wrong.

A lot of that was down to the media obsession that Kelly's offense required a mobile QB, when in his own words he wanted accuracy and ball protection first and foremost.
JeeQ
Not only are we bringing in Mark Sanchez, we're bringing in an injured Mark Sanchez. He couldn't pass a physical examination in NY, but our FO is praying he does so we can sign him immediately.

Lowest Total QBR Since 2009

Mark Sanchez 36.1
Matt Cassel 40.3
Sam Bradford 40.7
Chad Henne 41.0

Meanwhile we're letting perennial pro-bowlers DeSean Jackson and Evan Mathis test free agency waters
JeeQ
Also... let this eat at you a little bit... Given Mark Sanchez's veteran status, he'll more than likely be signed to a bigger contract than Nick Foles this year. If it's anywhere near Vick's money I'll fucking lose it

Ugh, just seeing his name attached to the Philadelphia Eagles is making me physically ill. I can't believe we signed the worst QB in football, when we already had a QB filling that role named Matt Barkley
Wheeljack
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 24 2014, 06:44 PM) *
Fuck me... I don't believe this :lol: USC QBs are the worst QBs in NFL history and we want two of them now. Like Matt "Garbage" Barkley wasn't enough now we want the fucking Sanchize :lol: Let Mike Vick Go, Sign Mark Sanchez. Maybe we can bring in Matt Leinhart and John David Booty to compete :D A week ago I would've given our pre-draft moves an A, now I don't think an F- is low enough

agreed completely. I mean, ok, you release Vick and replace him with some other "just a guy" QB

but BUTTFUMBLER? Another USC QB on the squad? And BUTTFUMBLER atop that? he went from a promising young QB to absolute Poo Poo in a short time...

ugh.

C-Arson Palmer would have been less of a headache
JeeQ
Signed a one-year, $2.25 million contract. The deal included a $750,000 signing bonus. Another $2 million is available through incentives.

We let Vick go for 5M and essentially gave Mark Sanchez a contract worth 4.25M. I love this team right now... Our highest paid QB is Mark Sanchez
Eyrie
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 28 2014, 06:21 PM) *
Signed a one-year, $2.25 million contract. The deal included a $750,000 signing bonus. Another $2 million is available through incentives.

We let Vick go for 5M and essentially gave Mark Sanchez a contract worth 4.25M. I love this team right now... Our highest paid QB is Mark Sanchez

Except that $4.25m would mean Sanchez starting for the season and probably winning MVP. Discard the incentives as he may not even make the team and if he does he'll be the back up.

That said, I'd rather have Vick as the back up for $5m than Sanchez for $2.25m.
Jax
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 28 2014, 01:58 PM) *
Except that $4.25m would mean Sanchez starting for the season and probably winning MVP. Discard the incentives as he may not even make the team and if he does he'll be the back up.

I don't think you will get many arguments there.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 28 2014, 11:58 AM) *

If that's the case it's definitely just 2.25M laugh.gif Couldn't agree more with your second statement
Dreagon

I'm not a huge fan of Vick, but I would have to agree with this. Unless Barkley has been showing signs of stepping up this season, I'm not sure what you get by replacing Vick with Sanchez.
Zero

And that's saying something coming from you! But I'm sure MV had something to say about where he played this year.

We didn't trade him for Sanchez, he was a FA who wanted to start. I don't think that was going to happen here and I suspect he knew that.
Eyrie
My position on Vick as a person may have moved, but I'm still not convinced by him as a QB. That said, he's still better than Sanchez.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.