Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More things to consider
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
IDK the numbers are pretty telling in this article, and again shows logical reasons the Eagles might be parting w DJax.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/3/...-maclin-replace
Zero
Yup. Posted that earlier. The most troubling thing there is how he was shut down in the big games, you want exactly the opposite to happen.
JeeQ
Jeremy "Always Injured" Maclin as our #1 WR coming off an ACL tear and missing an entire season with Chip. He's never had a 1000 yard season, or made it through an entire season without missing time due to injury. I'm absolutely brimming with confidence about that situation...
koolaidluke
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 24 2014, 01:12 PM) *
Jeremy "Always Injured" Maclin as our #1 WR coming off an ACL tear and missing an entire season with Chip. He's never had a 1000 yard season, or made it through an entire season without missing time due to injury. I'm absolutely brimming with confidence about that situation...

I think of Mac as a soft bitch, but he really hasn't been injured that much. Before last season he'd only missed a total of 5 games in the previous 4 years.

If he's healthy, he can replace most of what DeSean brings. DeSean is better overall but there are some advantages Maclin has over him, particularly as an RZ target.
Phits
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Mar 24 2014, 02:46 PM) *
I think of Mac as a soft bitch, but he really hasn't been injured that much. Before last season he'd only missed a total of 5 games in the previous 4 years.

If he's healthy, he can replace most of what DeSean brings. DeSean is better overall but there are some advantages Maclin has over him, particularly as an RZ target.

IMO DJax is not a better overall receiver than Maclin. Jackson's speed is the only advantage he holds. Good defenses counter his speed, as his statistics show, and he disappears. My concern is that we don't know what we are getting with Maclin post injury. However, if he can get back to where he was I would be enthusiastic with him as our #1.
Jax
I like Maclin but I think this is being a bit overly optimistic. I hope he proves me wrong and you guys right!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.