Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Update on Jackson drama
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
Follow
Woody Johnson mention, of DeSean, interest "at the right price" and "if he fits into the culture of our locker room." Questions persist.
Meanwhile, a CBSSports.com report suggests the Seahawks have expressed interest. Seattle currently has the eighth-most cap space in the league ($15.39 million).
Linc ...
Zero
Just thinking here, is it possible that 10 is the one creating this drama? Could it be he sees his supporters (Avant, Vick) gone, isn't happy about sharing the ball with Maclin, Coop and a potential rook (many local media guys have opined that they could take a WR early) and decided he'd rather be with 7?
HobbEs
I heard on WIP yesterday that the Birds would consider releasing him outright if they can't get anything for him in a trade.

Consider the source...but, what!? There's got to be something going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to. No way in hell do you just release a player like Jackson unless there are major issues.
TGryn
Of course, some of these "sources" may be from other teams who want to mess with the Eagles, like other NFC East team execs or a team who would like to get DJax and are hoping to drive the price down by leaking to various reporters.

Another possibility is a hostile third party like Banner, who would love to see Roseman fail, I'm sure.
TGryn
Reposting an interesting take from another forum:
---
This all seems to have really hit the fan after some of the details of the
police investigation of the robbery at DeSean's townhome became public.

The Eagles have their own PI/security staff as well keeping tabs on the
players.

You can say whatever you want about someone's right to keep their money any
way they want to, but keeping $250,000 in *cash* at your house . well, there
are simply not a lot of above ground transactions where that is necessary.

The neighbors and his mom detailing that "a lot of people come and go" and
"his friends have access to the house" aren't helping things.

There is quite obviously something else deeper than smoothies/sleep/arguing
with coaches going on here. More than Instagram posts at 2:30 in the morning
on the day of a playoff game.

We don't even know that this is Kelly. maybe it's Lurie not willing to go
down the road of the PR fiasco of DeSean funding gang activity. either
through cash transactions or paying for time at gang run recording studios
at for obviously inflated prices to make his music.

Will we ever get all the details? Probably not. unless/until something
really blows up. If the Eagles see that as inevitable then they want it to
happen when he is on some other team.
JeeQ
Update: Still disappointed...

I don't know how we're going to get anything of equal or greater value for DeSean here, and it's so upsetting because we looked for a #1 WR for so long. Before DeSean the last time we had a #1 WR was the Super Bowl season with TO. Now that we finally have our own homegrown #1 WR we're going to trade/release him. After his best season, after his Pro Bowl, and after we won the division last season. Better yet the two teams chomping at the bit for him are the 49ers and Seahawks. Teams that would wipe the floor with us already and we're going to make them stronger. Great logic.
Zero
I'm confused. Why is all the opinion I hear/read about his fiasco blaming the Eagles? I haven't read anything factual that points the blame in any direction but everyone on WIP seems to be convinced that the Eagles are fucking up.

This is too bizarre. It doesn't add up no matter how you do the math. Kelly on a power trip? Huh? True, there's a very small sampling but look no farther than Cooper last year for a player fuck up and how did he handle that one? Howie and Chip don't realize how important Jackson is to the offense? Are you kidding me? These guys know everything we don't know and have looked at Jackson's importance 10 million different ways.

I'm disappointed that the Eagles aren't talking about this but I presume they will be at some point. They're not stupid. They are capable of making a mistake but if that's what this is it's monumental and so far out of character for them that it's unbelievable.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 24 2014, 06:24 PM) *
I'm confused. Why is all the opinion I hear/read about his fiasco blaming the Eagles? I haven't read anything factual that points the blame in any direction but everyone on WIP seems to be convinced that the Eagles are fucking up.

This is too bizarre. It doesn't add up no matter how you do the math. Kelly on a power trip? Huh? True, there's a very small sampling but look no farther than Cooper last year for a player fuck up and how did he handle that one? Howie and Chip don't realize how important Jackson is to the offense? Are you kidding me? These guys know everything we don't know and have looked at Jackson's importance 10 million different ways.

I'm disappointed that the Eagles aren't talking about this but I presume they will be at some point. They're not stupid. They are capable of making a mistake but if that's what this is it's monumental and so far out of character for them that it's unbelievable.

I think the reason for that Z is that it seems that the best case scenario is that we lose Jackson and the best we're going to get is a 3rd round pick. It is premature given we don't know yet, but if that's the best we're getting and he is the Eagles property, then at best, they're not getting good enough return.
We'll have to see but I don't see how we improve our team in this mess.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 24 2014, 06:38 PM) *
I think the reason for that Z is that it seems that the best case scenario is that we lose Jackson and the best we're going to get is a 3rd round pick. It is premature given we don't know yet, but if that's the best we're getting and he is the Eagles property, then at best, they're not getting good enough return.
We'll have to see but I don't see how we improve our team in this mess.

That's not the point. Does anyone know what precipitated this? I haven't heard anything but rumors and guess work. But most of the chatter here and on the radio is how the Eagles have fucked up again. I get the angst but in the very short time he's been here Chip has shown that he knows what he's doing and Jackson has shown he's an asshole. But still, it's the Eagles' fault.

Did I miss something? I don't know what happened or who's to blame. Does anyone?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 24 2014, 06:58 PM) *
That's not the point. Does anyone know what precipitated this? I haven't heard anything but rumors and guess work. But most of the chatter here and on the radio is how the Eagles have fucked up again. I get the angst but in the very short time he's been here Chip has shown that he knows what he's doing and Jackson has shown he's an asshole. But still, it's the Eagles' fault.

Did I miss something? I don't know what happened or who's to blame. Does anyone?

Let's assume the "best" case for the Eagles.
1. It comes out that Jackson did something toxic where any sane fan would agree that he had to go.
2. Let's assume that it was so bad that it is understandable that no team would even give us a pick in any round.
I can see these as being possible.
3. If they knew that, then why not cut him a month ago and use his money to sign a defensive player in free agency?
Especially now with all the "leaks" coming out that this was an old issue.
Zero
Or, let's assume that Jackson decided that without Vick and Avant for some reason he didn't want to be an Eagle. So he and his people start a subtle campaign to make the Eagles look stupid designed to get on on another team of his choice. The Eagles realize he's a potential problem child but appreciate what he brings to the team and try to contact him in an attempt to resolve whatever issues he thinks exist ... to no avail. He doesn't return the calls and steps up the leaks and rumors. The Eagles take a public beating despite trying to do the best for both the team and Jackson and are eventually thrown into a corner they can't get out of. Now they're faced with losing the player with minimal or no return.
nephillymike
[quote name='Zero' date='Mar 24 2014, 07:49 PM' post='258887']
Or, let's assume that Jackson decided that without Vick and Avant for some reason he didn't want to be an Eagle. So he and his people start a subtle campaign to make the Eagles look stupid designed to get on on another team of his choice. The Eagles realize he's a potential problem child but appreciate what he brings to the team and try to contact him in an attempt to resolve whatever issues he thinks exist ... to no avail. He doesn't return the calls and steps up the leaks and rumors. The Eagles take a public beating despite trying to do the best for both the team and Jackson and are eventually thrown into a corner they can't get out of. Now they're faced with losing the player with minimal or no return.
[/
To make you scenario work, forget about avant and Vick as Vick just signed Friday. His campaign started before then.
Just say he wanted guaranteed money and he saw this as his way of getting some.
That would be plausible, but to hold the Eagles harmless, they had to think they had a shot at keeping him during FA period, otherwise they blew an opportunity to use his money to improve this year's team.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 24 2014, 08:01 PM) *
To make you scenario work, forget about avant and Vick as Vick just signed Friday. His campaign started before then.
Just say he wanted guaranteed money and he saw this as his way of getting some.
That would be plausible, but to hold the Eagles harmless, they had to think they had a shot at keeping him during FA period, otherwise they blew an opportunity to use his money to improve this year's team.

Except everyone knew both Avant and Vick were gone back in February.
Zero
Desean Jackson ✔ @DeseanJackson10
Follow
Good to Talk to BIg Chip today !! Say or hear what ya want !! The Picture speaks for itself !! Winnerů http://instagram.com/p/l9Cs-DuNmJ/
1:25 AM - 25 Mar 2014
Confusing ...
Zero
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 25 2014, 05:23 AM) *

That's the first good thing I've heard in a while!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.