Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Reasons I fear Why We're in this Jackson Mess
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
$10.75M

and $6.5M

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Eagles&Year=2014

We can recoup some of that money we just spent by getting rid of him and saving 10.75 of cold hard cash.

We can recoup some of our precious cap space getting an extra $6.5M to add to our 8th best $16M we have already.

That will put is in our comfort level of the low 20M's of extra cap space.

This team plus $20M of unused cap space will get is the same place as last year's team plus $20M of unused cap space got us

One and done.

The less I hear from the Eagles, the more pissed I am getting.

Time to put a call into PPD sources to see if there is a story behind the story of his robbery.

RF, get those torches ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team is our only hope. Chip, Howie, Jeff, Play it like this year is for your job!!

The Sixers are blowing the year and the best guy is now thinking of staying in school.

The Phillies have sucked all spring and now Ruf is hurt and Galvis has mrsa. Mrsa!

And my bracket has taken a huge hit with the Okla St loss.

They are picking the wrong week to fuck with my only hope of sports happiness.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 22 2014, 03:51 PM) *
This team is our only hope. Chip, Howie, Jeff, Play it like this year is for your job!!

The Sixers are blowing the year and the best guy is now thinking of staying in school.

The Phillies have sucked all spring and now Ruf is hurt and Galvis has mrsa. Mrsa!

Hello, the Flyers have won 5 in a row against contenders! They look really good right now, and are hot at the right time.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 22 2014, 03:12 PM) *
Hello, the Flyers have won 5 in a row against contenders! They look really good right now, and are hot at the right time.

Yeah, they are playing great.

But it didn't fit my rant.

I was on a roll and determined not to let the Flyers ruin a good rant!!!

They're about to get rid of our best WR. At times like these, give me some poetic license for effect.

Storm the Castle!!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 22 2014, 02:51 PM) *
$10.75M

and $6.5M

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Eagles&Year=2014

We can recoup some of that money we just spent by getting rid of him and saving 10.75 of cold hard cash.

We can recoup some of our precious cap space getting an extra $6.5M to add to our 8th best $16M we have already.

That will put is in our comfort level of the low 20M's of extra cap space.

This team plus $20M of unused cap space will get is the same place as last year's team plus $20M of unused cap space got us

One and done.

The less I hear from the Eagles, the more pissed I am getting.

Time to put a call into PPD sources to see if there is a story behind the story of his robbery.

RF, get those torches ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soory Mikey.....but first.....

OSU? You just love diva punks don't you......how could you ever count on Marcus Smart?

I have locked up the torches......I am not real bummed about Jackson. Call me crazy but there is a huge over emphasis on Jackson's influence on the defense. McCoy was the big influence on the defense...he brought the safeties up and made it hard to double the edge......add to that Chip's scheme and you have the reason that Jackson had his best year......his me attitude was going to be an issue anyway because he was 1) going to get less touches with the additions and one big subtraction 2) he was going to keep whining about a new contract because he got his guaranteed money up front so everything going forward was at the team's discretion.

Last year was the first year he eclipsed 70 catches. Maclin always ran the hard routes while Jackson ran the fly or deep post.....That may change......the only thing I don't like about the situation is that they have not added any other WR to take the place of Glacier Avant.

I love the offseason so far but while I don't like jackson even a little bit I can't say I would have looked to do this......I am just not real bothered by it. This system is not about Jackson.......it will do just fine.....they may be better without all the distractions he might bring.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 22 2014, 07:16 PM) *
Soory Mikey.....but first.....

OSU? You just love diva punks don't you......how could you ever count on Marcus Smart?

I have locked up the torches......I am not real bummed about Jackson. Call me crazy but there is a huge over emphasis on Jackson's influence on the defense. McCoy was the big influence on the defense...he brought the safeties up and made it hard to double the edge......add to that Chip's scheme and you have the reason that Jackson had his best year......his me attitude was going to be an issue anyway because he was 1) going to get less touches with the additions and one big subtraction 2) he was going to keep whining about a new contract because he got his guaranteed money up front so everything going forward was at the team's discretion.

Last year was the first year he eclipsed 70 catches. Maclin always ran the hard routes while Jackson ran the fly or deep post.....That may change......the only thing I don't like about the situation is that they have not added any other WR to take the place of Glacier Avant.

I love the offseason so far but while I don't like jackson even a little bit I can't say I would have looked to do this......I am just not real bothered by it. This system is not about Jackson.......it will do just fine.....they may be better without all the distractions he might bring.

Thanks RF, finally someone who doesn't see 10 as the be all end all of this team, because he is not and never was. You put Maclin, Sproles, and Cooper on the line at the same time you can strain a D just as effectively as Jackson, Avant, and Cooper could.
But I also gotta believe Chip sees a WR in the draft, probably several, that he wants and knows he can get. Sproles can fill the slot WR role, and given his performance last year, will eclipse Avant in that area. I strongly suspect that if 10 is gone, he will not even come close to making numbers as good as last year. Chip was the best thing that happened to Jackson, and he is a fool for not recognizing it. I think Chip likes Maclin more because he was at Novacare everyday after his surgery, rehabbing and working out, I kind of think 10 has been MIA since January. Just a suspicion mind you, but when they signed Maclin they made sure to praise his work ethic, and I really think that may be one of the reasons they soured on Jackson. He may be only 27, but he is spindly and could use all the muscle he could build to avoid injuries as he ages.

At any rate, all this conjecture and anger seems pointless to me, there is a long way from here to the final 53, I am just waiting and watching. And if 10 is gone and the Eagles still are an offensive force next year then this was just a waste of time and energy. But I guess righteous indignation greases the wheels for the 'I told you so,' contingent should things go less than swimmingly next season.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 22 2014, 07:34 PM) *
Thanks RF, finally someone who doesn't see 10 as the be all end all of this team, because he is not and never was. You put Maclin, Sproles, and Cooper on the line at the same time you can strain a D just as effectively as Jackson, Avant, and Cooper could.
But I also gotta believe Chip sees a WR in the draft, probably several, that he wants and knows he can get. Sproles can fill the slot WR role, and given his performance last year, will eclipse Avant in that area. I strongly suspect that if 10 is gone, he will not even come close to making numbers as good as last year. Chip was the best thing that happened to Jackson, and he is a fool for not recognizing it. I think Chip likes Maclin more because he was at Novacare everyday after his surgery, rehabbing and working out, I kind of think 10 has been MIA since January. Just a suspicion mind you, but when they signed Maclin they made sure to praise his work ethic, and I really think that may be one of the reasons they soured on Jackson. He may be only 27, but he is spindly and could use all the muscle he could build to avoid injuries as he ages.

At any rate, all this conjecture and anger seems pointless to me, there is a long way from here to the final 53, I am just waiting and watching. And if 10 is gone and the Eagles still are an offensive force next year then this was just a waste of time and energy. But I guess righteous indignation greases the wheels for the 'I told you so,' contingent should things go less than swimmingly next season.

What is Jackson contractually obligated to do regarding off season training at the Nova Care complex?
Would Maclin be doing that there if he wasn't trying to recover from injury (and being seen there couldn't hurt his chances of getting signed again)

Anyone who played sports on successful teams would realize that sometimes you need assholes if their talent makes your team better. Haven't you ever had to cheer for a teammate who was one of the biggest assholes in the world as if your life depended on it for a common goal? Is ain't Boy Scouts. Many of these professional athletes are bad apples.

Unless we hear some real bad shit, this is an unnecessary risk that we should put off for another year.

There is also the opportunity cost of replacing a draft pick at a position of need with a created semi need at WR.

No real contribution from the newly drafted WR and no contribution at all from the defensive need that still exists b/c we drafted a WR instead with that pick.

Not pining for an I told you so. I just want a damn SB championship and we're a lot closer than I think anyone thinks.

People prefer to say we're not because it cushions them from any disappointment of going all in. You know, the we're building for the future theory etc. Tomorrow, tomorrow etc.

For the record, I think Jackson is one of the biggest assholes on the team. Not anywhere near a favorite. Probably only Shady comes close to his level. But just like college and other teams, I will cheer for these assholes as if my life depends on it, because every Sunday for four months a year it does.

No football championships in my lifetime and counting.....................................
Zero
Shady is a team player but a personal asshole. It now seems that DJax is both a personal asshole and a team asshole. How will his team assholeness affect the young players Chip is building with? This isn't a simple equation no matter how you slice it. It all comes down to being a frustrated Eagles fan (which most of us are) or yielding trust to the guy we praised all last year: Kelly. I don't want to buy stock in Tums so I'm going with the second for now.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 22 2014, 08:55 PM) *
What is Jackson contractually obligated to do regarding off season training at the Nova Care complex?
Would Maclin be doing that there if he wasn't trying to recover from injury (and being seen there couldn't hurt his chances of getting signed again)

Anyone who played sports on successful teams would realize that sometimes you need assholes if their talent makes your team better. Haven't you ever had to cheer for a teammate who was one of the biggest assholes in the world as if your life depended on it for a common goal? Is ain't Boy Scouts. Many of these professional athletes are bad apples.

Unless we hear some real bad shit, this is an unnecessary risk that we should put off for another year.

There is also the opportunity cost of replacing a draft pick at a position of need with a created semi need at WR.

No real contribution from the newly drafted WR and no contribution at all from the defensive need that still exists b/c we drafted a WR instead with that pick.

Not pining for an I told you so. I just want a damn SB championship and we're a lot closer than I think anyone thinks.

People prefer to say we're not because it cushions them from any disappointment of going all in. You know, the we're building for the future theory etc. Tomorrow, tomorrow etc.

For the record, I think Jackson is one of the biggest assholes on the team. Not anywhere near a favorite. Probably only Shady comes close to his level. But just like college and other teams, I will cheer for these assholes as if my life depends on it, because every Sunday for four months a year it does.

No football championships in my lifetime and counting.....................................

What did TO do to a damn good team after a 1 year explosion of Statistical success?

I don't think this is just about the tidbits we have seen or heard, and I just heard that Chip may have called DJ several times this off season and never had one call returned? (I heard somewhere that D Gunn reported that today) there is more to this than the public knows.

I want a SB too, but Chip ejected a bunch of the self centered players who had talent, Babin, DRC, etc. and the team was more cohesive last year than we had ever seen. If DJ is the last ME guy on this team, and he is also the highest paid player, then letting him go sends a profound message...get with the program or see you later. Belichek has maintained a similar team in NE, even when 'diva' players were brought in they towed the line (think Randy Moss).

As far as the 'required' aspect of being around the facility, consider it this way. The league does not require time at team facilities, but does not deny it. Kelly is a 24/7 football kind of guy and he wants players like that around him. Fuck man, these guys got a maximum shelf life of 15 years, for the money they make in that time expecting a year round commitment is not unreasonable. In fact, Kelly is not only dedicated to football, but he puts a premium on conditioning too. Ten is seven years into it now, how long can he last if he is relying on talent without a year round regimen? Bottom line, I doubt Kelly jettisons 10 for the trivial shit we have heard, if he goes there is more to it than we know.

Derrick Gunn ✔ @TheRealDGunnCSN
Follow

Djac wants to know where he stands with eagles, but hasnt returned any of chip kelly's call's since season ended. #communications
3:44 PM - 22 Mar 2014
137 Retweets 40 favorites

Retweet
Favorite

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.