Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Per Desean's People
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Per Jackson's "people", DeSean will definitely not be playing for the Eagles next year.
In the meantime, Jackson is tweeting pics of him and Can, him and Pete Carroll.
Unbelievable!

The only reasons this is acceptable:
1. Jackson is into some illegal activities that have not come to light yet.
2. We can trade him straight up for a borderline Pro Bowl caliber player at a defensive position of need.
3. We trade him for a first round pick this year and that player is a great rookie. Nothing less is acceptible

Specific Reasons that are not acceptable;
1. We spent more than our target on the WR position and don't wish to pay him $10M this year since he is not in our long term plans.
2 We are building team character for tomorrow and a third round pick will suffice in us cutting ties.
3. Chip wants to coach only high character guys and he doesn't fit that mold
4. Any others not specifically mentioned in 1-3 above.

JeeQ
Countdown until the Vick reunion
make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 21 2014, 07:20 PM) *
Per Jackson's "people", DeSean will definitely not be playing for the Eagles next year.
Unbelievable!

2. We can trade him straight up for a borderline Pro Bowl caliber player at a defensive position of need.
3. We trade him for a first round pick this year and that player is a great rookie. Nothing less is acceptible

1. We spent more than our target on the WR position and don't wish to pay him $10M this year since he is not in our long term plans.
2 We are building team character for tomorrow and a third round pick will suffice in us cutting ties.

Well forget about obtaining any of the "acceptable" scenarios for Jackson, unless its something really weird like Jackson is banging Howie's wife or something. In a dream world, I suppose Carolina could trade us Hardy for Jackson and we'd basically swap contracts, but I'd say that's really unlikely. No ones giving up a first rounder...I'd say something like the Oakland second is the best we could ask for.

All stupidity in this move aside (which I'm sure we will discuss at length for a long, long time), what really bothers me about this is the classlessness with which the team has handled the situation. At least have someone, anyone from the organization reach out to Jackson and let him know where he stands, whether he's being shopped or not. Giving him the silent treatment and keeping him in the dark about his future is just dirty. I thought that type of bullshit left this team when Banner left. Guess I was wrong.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 21 2014, 07:20 PM) *
Unbelievable!

(4)arguably the face of your team asking for 'donations' like a homeless guy during SB week?

DeSean says, "HEEEEYY"

Zero
What makes me wacky over this whole mess is that it's all rumor and speculation. The Eagles should come out and say something but whatever they say will be a stake through the heart for them.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 21 2014, 07:03 PM) *
What makes me wacky over this whole mess is that it's all rumor and speculation. The Eagles should come out and say something but whatever they say will be a stake through the heart for them.

The silence is deafening, which is a sign that something is up.

Remember Howie mentioning that signing both Cooper and Maclin would be tricky because you have to watch how much money you commit to that position? Well, it looks like he was talking about Jackson.
koolaidluke
I thought that type of bullshit left this team when Banner left

Banner would have ruthlessly leaked smears to the papers but even he wouldn't have done the silent treatment thing. I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

These guys are all pros though so as petty as it may seem to us, it isn't really a big deal.
TGryn
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 21 2014, 04:37 PM) *
At least have someone, anyone from the organization reach out to Jackson and let him know where he stands, whether he's being shopped or not. Giving him the silent treatment and keeping him in the dark about his future is just dirty.

I don't know what you'd say to him prior to a deal being struck. "Hey, we think so little of you that we're trying to get rid of you. But if we don't get what we want, you're still our #1 guy." I don't have confidence that DJax has the level of professional maturity to be able to handle this in stride - if he did, he wouldn't be on the verge of being traded.

I think some of this has to be that the two guys who managed to get DJax to stay with the program last year were Avant and Vick, and they're both gone. Tactically it also makes a kind of sense, since he's 28 and coming off a career year, but his whole game is built on speed and once he starts losing a step the decline will be very steep.

You'll never get more for him than you can now.
Zero
Good points. The fact still exists that they can't just get rid of him without fair compensation. I still think there's the possibility of working a player for player trade with someone. Although teams like Seattle and New England have limited cap space, DJax may agree to restructure his contract to make it more cap friendly if he's going to a team with realistic chances of going all the way.
JeeQ
5 reports this morning saying he's leaving, and PFT saying there's a 95% chance he's not going to be in Philadelphia next season. This is really disappointing. Our offense was legendary at this point; now we have to find another #1 WR
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.