Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McCown signed as TB starter
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
A little surprised at that one,

Vick's got to be disappointed.

I wonder if Eagles will force the issue before draft day.
Zero
Someone opined that Vick was going to wait until something changes such as a starter getting injured. Forget who it was but the point was that he doesn't want to be a back up and doesn't want to "compete" for starter.
Eyrie
I suppose that Vick knows our system, so there isn't the same need on either side for him to be signed just now. Both parties may be willing to wait until after the draft.

Can he sign a deal with the Eagles where the compensation could be stated in advance ie he is free to sign for another team in exchange for a third or fourth? Would be disruptive for us to lose our expected back up, but would allow him the opportunity to go elsewhere if injury created a vacancy for a starter.
nephillymike
I just saw on NFL Network that Oakland plans to talk to Schaub and Freeman before considering Vick and that it doesn't look like Vick is in Oakland's plans.

I thought Oakland would definitely be interested.

He's running out of options.

I mean really, Freeman before Vick??
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 16 2014, 07:11 AM) *
Freeman before Vick??

That's an insult to MV. Then again, we're talking about Oakland.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.