Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Mock Drafts, Post Free Agency
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
As you can imagine, free agency signings have dramatically effect the mock drafts.

I revisited seven mocks to see who they have us picking. Then next to their pick, I list what mine would be plus my next three backup picks, given who was still available in that mock:
I only have S, CB, 34OLB, 34DE, 34DT, OG and WR as my positions of need. WR isn't, but the talent is too rich to ignore.

Site....................Mock Pick.....................My Pick....................Next Three Choices
Draftek............OLB Attaochu.................CB Verett...................OG Martin, WR Benjamin, WR Cooks
ESPN-McShay...CB Roby........................DT Nix.......................WR Beckham, DT Hageman, CB Verett
ESPN Kiper.......FS Pryor........................FS Pryor....................WR Lee, DE Tuitt, DT Hageman
Walter FB1.......FS Pryor........................CB Dennard................DT Nix, FS Pryor, WR Beckham
Walter FB2.......FS Pryor........................CB Dennard................DT Nix, FS Pryor, WR Beckham
NFL.com..........CB Verett.......................DT Nix.......................WR Beckham, DT Hageman, CB Verett
CBS Sports......CB Fuller........................DT Nix.......................DE Tuitt, CB Verett, WR Benjamin

Disappointed that both Ha Ha and Gilbert, my two best DB's are not around at #22 on any of the 7 mocks!!

The board tell me to go DT in three cases, but I am tempted to go CB Verett there but not crazy about his size. He is a blazer though.

Eyrie
We need a S and a pass rushing OLB, either as starters or for competition/rotation. Other needs are DE and DT and development prospects at CB, G and WR.

Give me one of the DL from FA together with a veteran QB (Vick?) and we're very nicely placed going into the draft.
nephillymike
Here's the number of times out of the seven mocks that the prospect was available at #22:

Dennard, CB, 2
M. Lee, WR, 1
Nix, DT, 5
Pryor, S, 3
Beckham, WR, 5
Martin, OG, 7
Tuitt, DE, 4
Hageman, DT, 3
Verrett, CB. 5
Benjamin, WR, 6
Cooks, WR, 3
Roby, CB, 6
Sua-Filo, OG, 6
Fuller, CB, 6
Ford, OLB, 5

The best case for me was to get a shot at Dennard or Pryor. If they're gone, it would be great if Manziel was still there.

So with him on the board at #22, we trade down and get picks for him.
Eyrie
For a worrying moment there, I thought you were going to say we should take Manziel at #22.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.