Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nolan Carroll an Eagle
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
PhrankieG
I like this move. Being a closet Dolphins fan (thanks Dan Marino and Ace Ventura) I know Carroll well. Underrated player. Stepped up nicely for them the past 2 years. Last year he stared 12 games and had 47 tackles 2 sacks and 3 picks.

He will most likely be a special teamer, but I like his potential covering the slot. Unfortunately he seems to be the 4th CB here behind Williams, Fletcher and Boykin. Good depth in case of injury though.
make_it_rain
Carroll is decent. He caught a lot of flack from Dolphins fans for taking too many chances, but at the very least he'll compete for a starting spot, and gives the team some much needed depth at CB behind Fletcher and Williams if he doesn't end up starting.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 13 2014, 11:34 AM) *
Carroll is decent. He caught a lot of flack from Dolphins fans for taking too many chances, but at the very least he'll compete
for a starting spot, and gives the team some much needed depth at CB behind Fletcher and Williams if he doesn't end up
starting.

Agreed. The more competition our DBs have for their jobs, the better.
nephillymike
Not top 22 free agent CB's.

Can't get excited.

Probably just disaster insurance in the event we can't get a cb, in first three rounds.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions/free-agents/cb.
TGryn
He was mentioned in some of the FA rankings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown...219169-nfl.html
8. Malcolm Jenkins (SIGNED): Has made some dynamite plays, has played corner and safety and is still young at 26 but hasn't lived up to his first-round billing. He landed with the Eagles on a three-year deal.
55. Nolan Carroll: Depending on what happens with Dimitri Patterson and his big salary, the Dolphins (who are flush with cap space) might want to bring Carroll back, even with young players at corner, for the way he played down the stretch.
66. Chris Maragos: Special-teamer, third safety quietly filled in nicely for the Super Bowl champs.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/1/2/52651...ee-agents-to-be
Nolan Carroll
Cornerback
Unrestricted Free Agent
2013 Cap Number: $677,939

Carroll started 12 games for the Dolphins this season, appearing in all 16 during the year. He finished third on the team in interceptions with three, one behind Brent Grimes and Dimitri Patterson who were tied with four. He's not a flashy, shutdown type cornerback, but he is solid most of the time, and is developing (read: he will get beat at times, but will also make a play when needed). Miami will likely to bring him back, ideally as a depth player behind Jamar Taylor and Will Davis, who will hopefully step into a larger role in their second-year, but he could be looked at as a nickel cornerback or a starter if needed. His cap number will probably be in the $1 million range, though a little under it would not be surprising.

http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2014/2014...defensive-backs
Nolan Carroll/CB/Dolphins (6'1, 205lbs) - A special teams ace that found himself thrust into a starting role due to multiple injuries to the Dolphins secondary the past two seasons, Carroll did an admirable job opposite of Fins starter Brent Grimes this past year. Carroll possess great speed and was a bit of a playmaker as well for the Dolphins this season, intercepting quarterbacks three times, and making two sacks off of corner blitzes. He was one of the few defensive backs for Miami that played in all 16 games last season, and started 12 contests.
bwc2112
QUOTE (PhrankieG @ Mar 13 2014, 11:17 AM) *
I like this move. Being a closet Dolphins fan (thanks Dan Marino and Ace Ventura) I know Carroll well. Underrated player. Stepped up nicely for them the past 2 years. Last year he stared 12 games and had 47 tackles 2 sacks and 3 picks.

He will most likely be a special teamer, but I like his potential covering the slot. Unfortunately he seems to be the 4th CB here behind Williams, Fletcher and Boykin. Good depth in case of injury though.

I am just glad you could admit it and come out of the the closet. We are here to help you.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Mar 14 2014, 06:54 PM) *
I am just glad you could admit it and come out of the the closet. We are here to help you.

I'm in 100% agreement with him. Thanks to Dan Marino and Ace Ventura (and the cool uniforms), I used to softly root for Miami too, but never cared about them. After all,
we had Peete, Hoying, and Detmer in some of those years.
Flying Dutchman
I have to chuckle when I read about the big salaries for Dmitri Patterson (here) and Austin Howard (elsewhere). They were considered garbage here but like so many others have prospered a bit in other systems.
PhrankieG
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Mar 14 2014, 06:54 PM) *

Haha thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.