Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Darren Sproles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain
Terms not disclosed yet.

Thoughts?
Zero
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 13 2014, 08:18 AM) *
Terms not disclosed yet.

Thoughts?

Returns? Receiver? Mismatches? Interesting!
make_it_rain
Looks like we gave up a fifth rounder for Sproles.

I'm not positive but I believe this is the fifth rounder we picked up for Sopoaga.

I gotta say I'm pretty happy with this deal.
PhrankieG
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 13 2014, 08:30 AM) *
Looks like we gave up a fifth rounder for Sproles.

I'm not positive but I believe this is the fifth rounder we picked up for Sopoaga.

I gotta say I'm pretty happy with this deal.

Yeah, good deal for the birds. A fifth for Sproles is a bit of a steal IMO. He still has some tread on the tires for sure. Makes for a crowded backfield though. I think Polk showed enough that BB is expendable. Do you think the birds could get a 3rd or 4th for BB?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 13 2014, 09:18 AM) *
Terms not disclosed yet.

Thoughts?

Our return game has sucked shit since Brian Mitchell was here, not to mention a solid backup for Shady. I like it.
JeeQ
A fifth for Sproles? I can only imagine this was discussed during talks about Jenkins because that is a steal. I'm always amazed that we're still finding ways to get more dangerous on offense. We really don't need to touch that area at all during the draft at this point.
Dreagon
Not a bad pickup for you guys. The Saints seem to be throwing out everything but the kitchen sink.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 13 2014, 04:33 PM) *
Not a bad pickup for you guys. The Saints seem to be throwing out everything but the kitchen sink.

All they're dumping in exchange for an all-pro safety with questionable feet. I guess they think they'll be able to recoup talent in the draft.
nephillymike
Great pickup.

We just signed a guy who has been a pain in the ass to defenses and special teams his entire career.

He's thirty and should be able to give us a really good year or two.

Chip is like a kid with a shiny new toy on Christmas morning. There are more than e few def coordinators worrying out there now.

So we gave up a 5th round pick?

Would you trade Wolfe for Sproles? That' a no brainer!
Zero
And what if the Eagles end up adding De'Anthony Thomas in May?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 13 2014, 06:53 PM) *
And what if the Eagles end up adding De'Anthony Thomas in May?

No. Redundant.

We need defense!
VICKtory
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 13 2014, 07:08 PM) *
No. Redundant.

We need defense!

Gotta disagree here, I don't think Sproles will last more than a year or two in Philly, gives Thomas a chance to learn from one of the best to play the game in a similar manner to himself. Plus he's a late round pick why not take a shot
Birdman420
Because BB and Polk are excellent backups already. I like the deal but we could leave the offense as is(maybe resign vick) and we have all the depth we need. Defense is absolute top priority, I personally want to see a new era in eagles defensive football that hasn't been seen since the JJ days... That would get me over the moon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.