Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Revis to NE in a one year deal
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
OK people, start the pr machine up!

BTW, our two starting CB's last year were rated the worst in pass coverage, but we're good!
nephillymike
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2014, 08:05 PM) *
OK people, start the pr machine up!

BTW, our two starting CB's last year were rated the worst in pass coverage, but we're good!

For any counting cap space, 1 year 12M.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2014, 08:05 PM) *

Says who? do you have a link? Cause I don't buy that. I agree we can do better, but the worst in pass coverage? By what standards? Let me guess, yards given up would be
basis of that argument. Outside of a couple 3rd and longs, that were probably the fault of bad safety play, our corners did a decent job. Not only in coverage, but playing the
ball and forcing the turnovers too.
Zero
I remember the defense improving considerably at the end of the year last year. I also remember feeling like we had just won the Supe when the Eagles stole Namdi from the grasp of Jerry Jones. That Revis only signed a one year deal seems to be telling us something. That Byrd had bad feet would make me nervous if he were in Philadelphia. These guys keep talking about "culture" and I'm pretty sure that's playing a part in what they're doing. That Kelly took the Eagles from shit to the playoffs has me thinking he may know what he's doing.
Rick
While I won't make any excuses for our CBs last season--and I believe they need improving--the fact that our safeties absolutely SUCKED didn't help them one bit. I constantly saw times when the safety was nowhere near the play to help out. This wasn't helping them any.
samaroo
I agree with Zero. In Chip I trust!
nephillymike
[quote name='iggleslover49' date='Mar 12 2014, 10:36 PM' post='258443']
Says who? do you have a link? Cause I don't buy that. I agree we can do better, but the worst in pass coverage? By what standards? Let me guess, yards given up would be
basis of that argument. Outside of a couple 3rd and longs, that were probably the fault of bad safety play, our corners did a decent job. Not only in coverage, but playing the
ball and forcing the turnovers too.
[/quotehttp://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp
http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

A previous mock on this site had the Eagles drafting a CB and that mock had a few sentences explaining the pick. They made mention of the two starting CB's having the 53rd and 95th ranking against the pass, the worst in the NFL. Look for revised mocks and if they have us picking a cb, again, it should pop up again. I think it may have been PFF.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.