Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any interest in a great CB?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Anyone interested?
make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 10 2014, 08:35 PM) *

Not for $16M a season, no.

Edit: just realised this would be Revis being cut not traded.

What could he realistically ask for, and more importantly what do you think he could get?
Rick
Also, what kind of ego does he have? I don't really know but I get the impression he's got that big ego to go along with that big contract. I don't think I want that.
make_it_rain
Ask and you shall receive Mikey:

Schefter says Eagles, Pats looking at Revis
TGryn
So basically, if they cut him now, the Bucs traded a 1st and 4th (possibly 3rd) to the Jets to get a one-year rental for Revis?

Granted, he made the Pro Bowl last year so it wasn't as unsatisfying as Nnambi was for us, but still, that has to be considered a disaster for the Bucs unless they made the Super Bowl with him there (and they didn't, going 4-12 instead). The head coach and GM were both fired, so this might be the new regime trying to set a new direction. Seems like a dumb move to me, though, unless they're dedicated to trying the Sixers' strategy of maximum suckitude for a year of rebuilding by getting rid of anyone who might make them better in the short-term.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (TGryn @ Mar 11 2014, 09:48 AM) *
So basically, if they cut him now, the Bucs traded a 1st and 4th (possibly 3rd) to the Jets to get a one-year rental for Revis?

Granted, he made the Pro Bowl last year so it wasn't as unsatisfying as Nnambi was for us, but still, that has to be considered a disaster for the Bucs unless they made the Super Bowl with him there (and they didn't, going 4-12 instead). The head coach and GM were both fired, so this might be the new regime trying to set a new direction. Seems like a dumb move to me, though, unless they're dedicated to trying the Sixers' strategy of maximum suckitude for a year of rebuilding by getting rid of anyone who might make them better in the short-term.

Absolutely, what a joke of a franchise the Bucs are. Make no mistake, Revis is still a player. I believe he was the highest graded overall CB by PFF (take with a grain of salt, but still), but he really had a good season by almost any measure.

And yes, the Bucs gave up a first and a fourth for a one year, 16M rental of Revis.

Oh and that first rounder? The Jets took Sheldon Richardson with him, who is an absolute monster.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 11 2014, 11:14 AM) *
Absolutely, what a joke of a franchise the Bucs are. Make no mistake, Revis is still a player. I believe he was the highest graded
overall CB by PFF (take with a grain of salt, but still), but he really had a good season by almost any measure.

And yes, the Bucs gave up a first and a fourth for a one year, 16M rental of Revis.

Oh and that first rounder? The Jets took Sheldon Richardson with him, who is an absolute monster.

If it came down to spending big money on one DB, I'd still take Byrd over Revis.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.