Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To many articles refer to 2015 eagles cap space
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Cowboyhater
I was curious and went to eagles cap and after looking there, I can't understand why there are so many references to future space. 2015 is filled with eagles contracts that when signed were never meant to be honored. Cole over 11 mil, Williams over 8 mil, Casey 4 mil, etc. Just looking over it for a minute, there was easily 20 mil + in space that was seen on players who are on the back end of their careers.

Ironically when the birds signed Celek I never thought he would never finish his contract, now I am not sure, he became a good blocker and can move the ball. It seems that next year will be effected more by draft success than by cap issues.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Cowboyhater @ Mar 10 2014, 12:20 PM) *
I was curious and went to eagles cap and after looking there, I can't understand why there are so many references to future space. 2015 is filled with eagles contracts that when signed were never meant to be honored. Cole over 11 mil, Williams over 8 mil, Casey 4 mil, etc. Just looking over it for a minute, there was easily 20 mil + in space that was seen on players who are on the back end of their careers.

Ironically when the birds signed Celek I never thought he would never finish his contract, now I am not sure, he became a good blocker and can move the ball. It seems that next year will be effected more by draft success than by cap issues.

Yep.
It is amazing how the writers are so consumed with cap space. Seems like the Eagles and writers are all damaged beyond repair b/c of dream team. Imagine if their experience with drafting Watkins made them feel the same way about the draft? We'd be trading our 1st round picks for cheaper lower round picks!

The Eagles have never been in cap trouble and never will. Not even after the dream team nightmare. The cap situation is way better than even advertised.

With the cap going up a bunch in future years, the risk is greater that they don't spend enough and put the best team on the field as opposed to over spending for cap hell. The risk is having a guy like Chung for 2M less than a player who is a big upgrade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.