Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avant Released
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain
Had to happen, but I'm gonna miss the guy. Dude was all class.

Hope he goes somewhere and succeeds, or returns to the team in some capacity.
CT_Eagle
Sad to see him go. He settled nicely as number 3 on this team for many years. I hope the Eagles can get the same out of Cooper.
koolaidluke
I'm not convinced this was the right decision. I know his numbers aren't great but he was such a reliable chain mover. Made some big plays this year too.

I'm not saying the Eags were wrong to release him but he may end up being missed more than people suspect.

I bet he goes to NE or Baltimore.
Eyrie
This time last year there were question marks over keeping him. I was in his corner and it was the right decision to do so, both for his leadership in the locker room and for making the most of his limited snaps in 2013.

This time this year he has been released, and it was the right decision as well as a hard decision. Avant will be much missed but always appreciated for his selfless work and reliability on third down.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Mar 4 2014, 12:09 PM) *
I'm not convinced this was the right decision. I know his numbers aren't great but he was such a reliable chain mover. Made some big plays this year too.

I'm not saying the Eags were wrong to release him but he may end up being missed more than people suspect.

I bet he goes to NE or Baltimore.

Prior to last year he caught 75% of balls targeted to him, last year that dropped to around 50%, and his YAC was nonexistent. Great player for years, but really dropped off last year. Class act and I hope he catches on somewhere, and if not, then maybe he can return in a coaching role.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 4 2014, 12:05 PM) *
Had to happen, but I'm gonna miss the guy. Dude was all class.

Hope he goes somewhere and succeeds, or returns to the team in some capacity.

Had a solid career here, will always be respected by the fans, but it was time to part ways. I hope he doesn't become a Cowboy.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 4 2014, 02:41 PM) *
This time last year there were question marks over keeping him. I was in his corner and it was the right decision to do so, both for his leadership in the locker room and for making the most of his limited snaps in 2013.

This time this year he has been released, and it was the right decision as well as a hard decision. Avant will be much missed but always appreciated for his selfless work and reliability on third down.

I agree'
Good guy and his character will be missed.
Wouldn't mind him coming back at vet min as number six wr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.