Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Byrd cage in Buffalo?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
A Buffalo reporter is saying that it doesn't seem the Bills will franchise Byrd. Do you think Chip's defense would be better if Byrd and Jordan were there?

Linc ...
Pila
How good is Byrd compared to the other safeties in the league? Is he top 5?
Zero
He's supposedly one of the top cover safeties in the NFL and wants to be paid that way. Buffalo didn't tag him, he's free.
make_it_rain
Ward has not been tagged either.

Worilds was hit with the transition tag, which is like a watered down version of the franchise tag, basically....Pitt gets no comp if they don't want to match an offer he receives from another team.

Orakpo was tagged.

Note that the teams still have a chance to get a deal done with their players before FA starts on the 11th. It's possible Clevleand works something out with Ward, but its looking less and less likely the Bills will be able to keep Byrd.

For one, they offered him a deal that would have given him what he wants, to be the highest paid safety in the league, and Byrd turned it down. My guess is he simply wants out of Buffalo (and wants a nice stack of coin to go with it)
Phits
BYRD NOT TAGGED
Zero
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 3 2014, 09:05 PM) *
Ward has not been tagged either.

Worilds was hit with the transition tag, which is like a watered down version of the franchise tag, basically....Pitt gets no comp if they don't want to match an offer he receives from another team.

Orakpo was tagged.

Note that the teams still have a chance to get a deal done with their players before FA starts on the 11th. It's possible Clevleand works something out with Ward, but its looking less and less likely the Bills will be able to keep Byrd.

For one, they offered him a deal that would have given him what he wants, to be the highest paid safety in the league, and Byrd turned it down. My guess is he simply wants out of Buffalo (and wants a nice stack of coin to go with it)
I'd say Byrd definitely wants to leave Buffalo, and I wonder if a team that really wants Worilds would offer up a poison pill deal seeing as Pitts in cap trouble.
Zero
FYI, I just got this text from a co-worker who lives in Buffalo and is a rabid Bills fan. I asked him about Byrd, his personality and if they'd miss him.
It will kill us to lose him. Very quiet and private, respected team leader personality.
Zero
And Dawk tweets:

@BrianDawkins

"@Edwerderespn: Impressed meeting @jairusbyrd today in Bristol, professional, polite, coachable. Seemed intently focused as @BrianDawkins spoke to him" >> 100% agree!!

Can we tie this to this:
@JasonLaCanfora

Jason Worilds has signed his transition tag w/PIT worth $9.75M. No offer sheets can come now. He was a primary target for the Eagles ...

If a pass rusher was a primary target of the Eagles, will they look for an alternative rusher or look to protect the back end with a pass defender? Has the smoke screen blown away revealing the Eagles' real intent to bolster the defense with blue chip vet(s) before the draft?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.