Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DJax trade rumors continue
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm not suggesting they should trade DJax, that I want them to trade him or that he will be traded. We could say that where's there's smoke ... which also could apply to Dion Jordan. Would you trade DJax straight up for Jordan? Would you do any type of trade involving those two players?

(Waiting for the snow ... again)
HobbEs
It depends on which version of DJax we're trading. If it's the motivated one we had last year I might not do it. If it's the sulking, dogging it, wanting a new contract one we saw a few years ago I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I don't know if Jordan didn't live up to expectations last year in Miami or what but he's still an unknown. (Except to Chip who knows him very well).
Rick
I wouldn't make that trade at all. We know what DJax is capable of. Jordan?????
JeeQ
DJax + Picks For Dion Jordan & Mike Wallace. Get it done Howie!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 2 2014, 05:14 PM) *
I'm not suggesting they should trade DJax, that I want them to trade him or that he will be traded. We could say that where's there's smoke ... which also could apply to Dion Jordan. Would you trade DJax straight up for Jordan? Would you do any type of trade involving those two players?

(Waiting for the snow ... again)

Who the hell is gonna want his contract?
Zero
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 3 2014, 07:40 PM) *
Who the hell is gonna want his contract?

True that, but here's an argument for the possibility:
The Eagles are not going to shop Jackson. The instant they do, they'll forfeit any negotiating advantage they may have in trying to recoup acceptable value in return. This is especially true with a personality like Jackson, who comes with a history of character concerns. However, if another team came calling, the Eagles certainly wouldn't laugh and hang up. There's an opinion among some in the Eagles organization that Jackson's personality is not a great fit with the locker room culture that Chip Kelly is trying to cultivate, and the Eagles could be open to trading him.
DJax is a fast, dynamic, play-making weapon on both offense and special teams. Look at it this way, if you're a GM and need that one piece to win it all would you offer up a pick ... maybe a second rounder? And, if you're the Eagles would you do that considering the depth in this draft?
HOUSEoPAIN
I just don't think it's going to happen, and we shouldn't want him to go now anyway.
Zero
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 4 2014, 05:44 PM) *
I just don't think it's going to happen, and we shouldn't want him to go now anyway.

McClane agrees with you:

The Eagles are not actively shopping DeSean Jackson, nor do they have any intention of parting with their Pro Bowl wide receiver this offseason.

Jackson isn’t close to being cut, and even if he was one misstep away from forcing the Eagles to move him, they most certainly wouldn’t release him without getting something in return.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.