Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Phillies spring training thread
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
Admittedly so far I've only watched a portion of one of the early spring training games on MLB Network, but...

- It sounds like the best move for Gonzalez is to start him out in AAA. Every report I hear says he's not ready to face major league pitching yet:
http://www.nj.com/phillies/index.ssf/2014/...s_in_debut.html
Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez made his first appearance in live action on Saturday against the New York Yankees, and the results were not good. Gonzalez was pulled after just five outs, finishing the day with two hits, four walks, two strikeouts and one earned run on 50 pitches. He struggled mightily with his command during his first action of Spring Training, recording one wild pitch.

Of the five outs that Gonzalez did record, three came against minor league players.

- On the other hand, Hamels might be back sooner than the initial reports indicated. Not a great start to the season to miss most of spring training, but we'll have to see whether it becomes a lingering issue.

- Burnett is pitching tomorrow vs. the Pirates.
nephillymike
Eh, I don't know.

At this point, I'd put the Eagles FA and draft, Sixers lottery picks and Flyers post season as more optimistic than the Phil's right now.

Maybe I will warm up to them soon.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 1 2014, 04:51 PM) *
Eh, I don't know.

At this point, I'd put the Eagles FA and draft, Sixers lottery picks and Flyers post season as more optimistic than the Phil's right now.

Maybe I will warm up to them soon.

It's impossible to not get excited about a new baseball season, the good weather, another fresh start.....I just want them to give us a month or two before they fall out of the
race.
TGryn
Well, isn't this a juicy rumor:

http://www.rantsports.com/mlb/2014/03/13/i...true-objective/
The 'hot' rumor of the day, if you want to call it that, was that the Philadelphia Phillies and New York Yankees were discussing a swap of an old Mike Adams for an even older Ichiro Suzuki. You read that correctly, the Phillies are in talks to acquire Ichiro.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichiro_Suzuki
Age 40, hit .262 last year with 7 HR for the Yankees.

I think it'd be worth it for the PR value alone. Other than signing Burnett, there hasn't been a whole lot to get fans energized about for the Phillies this spring training.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (TGryn @ Mar 13 2014, 11:08 AM) *
I think it'd be worth it for the PR value alone. Other than signing Burnett, there hasn't been a whole lot to get fans energized
about for the Phillies this spring training.

Remember the good 'ole days, when we used to sign 20-somethings in their prime?

Fuck it, let's do it Amaro. Bring on Ichiro, find out what Julio Franco is doing, sit Brown and Revere, and let's have our opening
day outfield be a combined 135 years old. Those are the only records we're setting this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.