Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now it's Macklin back
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
Just announced on the official site.

Good move - we get to see how well he's recovered and how he fits the scheme, he gets a chance to show he deserves a big contract.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 28 2014, 04:48 PM) *

Good move - we get to see how well he's recovered and how he fits the scheme, he gets a chance to show he deserves a big contract.

That's awesome!!

Great job by the Eagles and Maclin.

NFC East is shitting gold bricks about now.

Takes away the need for a WR early in the draft and now we can focus on the D to give rest of the NFC a reason to worry.

Get two of an OLB, S, CB, DE in FA, and then draft away.

What a pick me up as we wait for yet another snow storm.

Jackson, Maclin, Cooper, McCoy, Celek, Ertz and one of the best OL in football.

AND

Another year in Chip's system where he can tinker and tweak.

Looking good!!
make_it_rain
I'm not gay but I seriously just want to cuddle with Howie right about now.

Dude deserves major props.
nephillymike
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Feb 28 2014, 04:59 PM) *
I'm not gay but I seriously just want to cuddle with Howie right about now.

Dude deserves major props.

One thing about Howie, he is very likeable.

He really seems sincere and what a breath of fresh air.

I feel appreciated as a fan.

I don't know where you live Rain, but they had a WIP debate about the Eagles yesterday and it was funny because everyone on the panel was so happy about the way the team is headed that they couldn't bitch and the panel was full of HOF bitchers. Gargano had an ace in the hole where he had Howie call in for him to support Gargano as winner of the debate. Pretty funny stuff. You also have Don Smolensky, the President, driving Kelce in Wing Bowl in the Eagles cart.

They get it.

Seem like good guys and can't help but wishng them the best.

If he's cuddleable now, what happens if he goes out and gets us a OLB, S and CB?? biggrin.gif
HOUSEoPAIN

Maclin and Cooper, to add to DJax, Shady, and Ertz. Imagine if Maclin was here this past year? If we get even one remotely decent defensive draft pick, I have no doubt
we're an 11 win team next year, and can win in the playoffs.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 28 2014, 07:06 PM) *
Maclin and Cooper, to add to DJax, Shady, and Ertz. Imagine if Maclin was here this past year? If we get even one remotely decent defensive draft pick, I have no doubt
we're an 11 win team next year, and can win in the playoffs.

Calm down just a little.

With our schedule, we need to make significant improvements just to get back to 10-6.
I love the signing.

However, resigning Peters, Cooper and Kelce does not improve our team vs. what we had last year. It's the same.

Maclin does improve it, but not by an entire player. The third WR will play about 50% of the snaps, so it is a good 50% pickup.

Get a new starting OLB or S, or CB and we're talking an improvement that will play in 100% of the snaps.

And think of this.

Can you imagine what type of offense we would have if we had an average defense? One that could get itself off the field.
Get the ball back to the offense.

Get me some stud defenders Howie!!
Zero

Great news! But, I'm left to wonder why the hell the guy spells his name differently in Scotland? laugh.gif
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 28 2014, 07:36 PM) *
Calm down just a little.

With our schedule, we need to make significant improvements just to get back to 10-6.
I love the signing.

However, resigning Peters, Cooper and Kelce does not improve our team vs. what we had last year. It's the same.

Maclin does improve it, but not by an entire player. The third WR will play about 50% of the snaps, so it is a good 50% pickup.

Get a new starting OLB or S, or CB and we're talking an improvement that will play in 100% of the snaps.

And think of this.

Can you imagine what type of offense we would have if we had an average defense? One that could get itself off the field.

I'm really, really looking forward to 3/11 to see what they do in FA! If they can get a decent OLB and S they should be able to play the BPA game in the draft. Gargano was getting all giddy this afternoon at the prospect of taking a player like WR Benjamin with 22. I'd be happy with a player like him or Pryor or a good OLB prospect there.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 28 2014, 08:12 PM) *
Great news! But, I'm left to wonder why the hell the guy spells his name differently in Scotland? laugh.gif

You would think that with all the Mc's and Mac's in Scotland, he would get it!!
make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 28 2014, 05:36 PM) *
One thing about Howie, he is very likeable.

He really seems sincere and what a breath of fresh air.

I feel appreciated as a fan.

I don't know where you live Rain, but they had a WIP debate about the Eagles yesterday and it was funny because everyone on the panel was so happy about the way the team is headed that they couldn't bitch and the panel was full of HOF bitchers. Gargano had an ace in the hole where he had Howie call in for him to support Gargano as winner of the debate. Pretty funny stuff. You also have Don Smolensky, the President, driving Kelce in Wing Bowl in the Eagles cart.

They get it.

Seem like good guys and can't help but wishng them the best.

If he's cuddleable now, what happens if he goes out and gets us a OLB, S and CB?? biggrin.gif

He yep, I caught that too....it just feels so different after years of scraping the barrel finding something, anything to bitch about, now having a consensus optimism going forward.

I'll call it guarded optimism, simply because of what I've seen over the years, but optimism nonetheless.
It's refreshing seeing a front office that focuses more on getting key players back and taking care of them, rather than playing the "assert my authority, don't blink last" game when it came to negotiations like when Ratface was here.

Off to a great start, but still more work to do though. I don't usually put out on the first date, but if Howie can get some smart defensive pickups, I might have to make an exception for the guy. wub.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 1 2014, 01:12 AM) *

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 1 2014, 01:17 AM) *
You would think that with all the Mc's and Mac's in Scotland, he would get it!!

Bastards!
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 1 2014, 12:36 AM) *
Calm down just a little.

I love the signing.

And think of this.

Our only real need on offense now is depth at G/C, so it's a question of finding the right fit for our system in the middle rounds.

Looking forward to seeing how we upgrade our defence.
TGryn
I think there would be considerably more enthusiasm if he were a FA signing from another team. A former 1st rounder who's only 25 and put up the stats he has would get billing as a possible #1 on a good number of teams. I think we take Maclin a little for granted after the year Cooper had last year and his being in DJax's shadow most of his career. I'm excited to see what he can do in this offense.

I'm thinking KC and Reid are disappointed Maclin's not going to hit the market.
nephillymike
Good point about Maclin.

He would be considered a #1 if not for the injury.

There is some speculation on the sports talk shows about a possible trade of Jackson.

I personally wouldn't do it yet. We need him this year to get where we need to go.

Next year may be another story.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 1 2014, 04:04 PM) *
Good point about Maclin.

He would be considered a #1 if not for the injury.

There is some speculation on the sports talk shows about a possible trade of Jackson.

I personally wouldn't do it yet. We need him this year to get where we need to go.

Next year may be another story.

Our offense should be set for another monster year assuming everyone stays healthy, and DJax doesn't try any BS before camp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.