Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peters signed. Cooper and Kelce Next
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Peters signed a mega deal thru 2018 with $19M guaranteed. He was due to make $10M this year anyway, so it prolly is more cap friendly.

Cooper new contract and Kelce extension are close and expected to be done soon.

Maclin expected to be signed to a one year deal.

According to 97.5 via a report from Mclane (I believe.)

That would be good news. I just hope it doesn't give them an excuse not to sign three FA"s at PON.

And we should still draft a WR if one is there that they like in rounds 2 or 3 for when DJax starts bitching about not having any guarantees despite the fact he is only in year three of a deal that had a bunch of guaranteed money. Don't get me wrong, he's opur number one, but I'm ready to move on if he starts his shit again.
Zero
We keep hearing whispers that DJax may be being shopped. Don't know what to think about that except this is supposed to be a good draft to fill that hole.
Birdwatcher
I would have been really surprised if they let Cooper walk, as some suggested. I expected they could and would sign all 4 of these guys, and Coop was the most important. Given the results he produced with Foles under center, you can't let that duo separate. They were good together, and despite knocks on both their talents, they made a lot of big plays together, a case I think of the two of them each raising the others game. You can't break the set.

Flying Dutchman
With Cooper back, I feel much better about our Red Zone performance. He teams up well with Ertz and Celek.
make_it_rain
I'll believe it when it's a done deal, but still.....

nephillymike
Comcast is saying four year deal for Cooper, to be announced tomorrowl.
Rick
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 26 2014, 08:03 PM) *
We keep hearing whispers that DJax may be being shopped. Don't know what to think about that except this is supposed to be a good draft to fill that hole.

That would be pure stupidity. Get rid of a proven commodity to bring in an unproven commodity.
HobbEs
That would be pure stupidity. Get rid of a proven commodity to bring in an unproven commodity.

What if that unproven commodity is D'Anthony Thomas?
make_it_rain
Confirmed by the team. Kelce is back too.

Coop gets a 5 yr, $25m deal. Not sure about how it breaks down, guaranteed money, etc.
TGryn
  • I hope they still try to bring Maclin back, as well, even with Cooper back on board. They may let him hit the FA market first, though, to establish market value for both the player and the team.
  • Peters is a pretty rare guy, huge but also has the athleticism that befits his former career as a TE. If Lane Johnson is an indication of what Kelly wants out of an OT in terms of mobility, Peters fits that 100%. Kelce is smaller than a lot of fans seem to want in a C, but he's also got the mobility to work well in the offense Kelly ran last year with a return to prominence of the screen pass. The injuries to both are worrisome, but they got through 2013 without missing time. Peters is also 32 years old, but offensive linemen can sometimes go into their mid-30s and still be able to play at a high level.
  • DJax's concussions are what concern me about him. I think his next one will be his 4th, and from what I understand the damage is cumulative with each new one.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Feb 26 2014, 09:29 PM) *
I'll believe it when it's a done deal, but still.....

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.