Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtf! Eagles brass meets with Manziel
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I have my QB.

No thanks. I think he is a bust in waiting.

We have bigger fish to fry.

I might be tempted at #86, but even there it may not be worth the distraction.
Not high on Barkley, but I prefer a veteran backup for our playoff team.

Anyone?
Zero
Smoke and mirrors time of year. Cover your bases time of year.
TGryn
Due diligence. There's always a chance that sub-6'0" height measurement will scare a lot of teams and he drops. He did put up a very good 40 time for a QB, and his college records speak for themselves. He's got all the athleticism that Foles doesn't have.

At the same time, I think Barkley will be a competent QB eventually, and having a mix of Foles/Barkley/Manziel looks great on paper but usually these 3-young-QB situations are unstable, since you can't give the ball to more than one at a time and there's the possibility of the team dividing into camps as to which guy should be starting.

I think after what happened to Tebow, teams also have to be wondering if all the running Manziel did in college has left him with a little more wear on the tread than a more traditional QB might have.
Dreagon
Probably just formality. If I was a betting man, I would say that the Texans will take Manziel with the first pick over Clowney simply because they need a QB and already have JJ Watts.
JeeQ
Don't play with my emotions like this...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 25 2014, 08:15 PM) *
I have my QB.

No thanks. I think he is a bust in waiting.

We have bigger fish to fry.

I might be tempted at #86, but even there it may not be worth the distraction.
Not high on Barkley, but I prefer a veteran backup for our playoff team.

Anyone?

I don't want anyone who's nicknamed 'Johnny Football' - we have our QB, thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.