Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuck it! I'm leaving.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm seriously tired of all the bullshit. Way too heavy for my liking. And it just doesn't stop. My snowblower is broken, the white shit keeps falling. My back is killing me. I'm telling you, I'm leaving and going to fucking Arizona or somewhere.

Wait. I can't get out of the driveway and Arizona has the Cardinals. Fuck it. I'm staying.

Live with it.
nephillymike
I thought it was your official IQTB post!!

Yeah, well, I will be venturing out a little later. Got to see when the best time is to do it. I hate shoveling twice.

I have my two boys who are big enough now to come in handy in these situations. (18 & 16)

They call me old all the time so I put the pressure on them to out do me in shoveling.

It annoys them when they can't keep up, bad back and all.
TGryn
After finally managing to get the snowblower going (and annoying the wife with all the exhaust that was coming into the house through the garage), got the driveway cleared. Discovered the thing does not deal well with slush at all, kept jamming up and having to clear it, but still tons easier than shoveling it. Then used our sleigh shovel to clear off the bottom layer, and finally the hand shovel on what was left around the cars and threw down ice melt to work the rest of the day. That's been the morning right there.

Be careful if you are shoveling. This one is a wet snow that's a lot heavier than the fluffy stuff; also known as "heart attack" snow because of the weight. I think my family's finally convinced my 70+ year old dad that it isn't smart to go out and try and shovel when its like this, but I'm always worried he'll decide to make an exception.
Zero
Us old guys have to shovel when there's no options. Just gotta do it smart. Actually, "smart" would be waiting until it goes away or a neighbor comes by feeling compassion. wink.gif
nephillymike
Debating whether the upcoming few. Hours of rain will save work or create work. Does the rain melt a lot of the snow, or does it just make it heavier?

I'm guessing the rain does more harm and me and the troops will go out around 1:00 to hopefully knock it out within 2 hours.

Agree?

TG, where at in southern MD and how many inches did you get?

Zero
The rain is making it heavier. I also hear that following the rain will be ice and snow again. I did most of mine and will do more when I can walk again.
TGryn
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 13 2014, 09:02 AM) *
TG, where at in southern MD and how many inches did you get?
We're about a stone's throw from the border with PG county, my commute in to work @ DC is about an hour each way. Got about 4"-5", then it turned to sleet this morning before we got a break around 9 AM. Now they're calling for maybe another inch or so in late afternoon, which at this point would be more of an annoyance than a major shoveling event.
nephillymike
All done.

About 1 hr 15 minutes for the three of us.
Not as bad as I thought it would be. Looks like we had about 9-10 inches. The rain made the stuff easier to get off the two cars and it wasn't as heavy as I feared.

Hopefully not much more nor much ice left tonight.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 13 2014, 10:36 AM) *
I'm seriously tired of all the bullshit. Way too heavy for my liking. And it just doesn't stop. My snowblower is broken, the white shit keeps falling. My back is killing me. I'm telling you, I'm leaving and going to fucking Arizona or somewhere.

Wait. I can't get out of the driveway and Arizona has the Cardinals. Fuck it. I'm staying.

Live with it.

What's a shovel? Is it that thing the next door neighbor's kids are holding as they clear my sidewalk every time it snows? wink.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 13 2014, 03:36 PM) *

Live with it.

If you leave, we'll publish the incriminating photos of you in a Cowboys jersey tongue.gif

Wasn't it Kelly Green who was the resident drama queen on the old place?
Rick
No snow here in FL. smile.gif
Dreagon
lol! You should have seen it down here in Houston when we got a little sleet and ice on the roads. You would have thought it was a natural disaster the way people handled it. School closings, work closings, predictions of the apocalypse....

And these are people who shrug off hurricanes as no big deal.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 13 2014, 02:38 PM) *
If you leave, we'll publish the incriminating photos of you in a Cowboys jersey tongue.gif

Yes that was it Kelly Green.

Did he post here for a while until being reprimanded? Did he do an IQTB post here? I thought there was someone.

No big deal. I never had a problem with him and I don't know why I remember an IQTB post but it's been so long ago.

Speaking of the guys from the old board, I wonder how Patrock is doing. He used to pop in once in a while. Haven't heard from him in a long while.

Same with Bumfuck Bill. (aka the peanut throwing bastard). Bill probably had kids and got settled down and isn't allowed to waste time on message boards.

Time just flies.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 13 2014, 02:38 PM) *

Bwa! If you can find a shot of me in a Cowboy jersey you can make me shovel heavy wet snow forever!

Yep, I bet KG still takes shit over there.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 13 2014, 10:36 AM) *

Live with it.

Pardon me for being smug. Just got back from the pool. 82 today. And yesterday. And tomorrow.

Live with it !

Boca John
Eyrie
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Feb 18 2014, 08:36 PM) *
Pardon me for being smug. Just got back from the pool. 82 today. And yesterday. And tomorrow.

Live with it !

Boca John

Didn't realise you were that old! ohmy.gif Any decent skirt to report?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Feb 18 2014, 03:36 PM) *

Live with it !

Boca John

Note to file, return favor in hurricane season!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.