Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles' Fans
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Rick
So, the gym I go to happens to be the same gym Lito Sheppard goes to. We talk from time to time and we had a little chat this morning. The whole conversation doesn't matter but he started talking about Philly fans. He said he really wants the Eagles to win a SB because, in his words, the fans deserve it. He said Philly fans were the most passionate and loyal fans he's ever played in front of--and he's played a few places.

Kinda makes you feel good about being an Eagles' fan. Now we just need a SB!
Eyrie
Good to hear that players appreciate us, but the best way to show that appreciation is the SuperBowl trophy you mentioned.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 12 2014, 05:25 PM) *
So, the gym I go to happens to be the same gym Lito Sheppard goes to. We talk from time to time and we had a little chat this morning. The whole conversation doesn't matter but he started talking about Philly fans. He said he really wants the Eagles to win a SB because, in his words, the fans deserve it. He said Philly fans were the most passionate and loyal fans he's ever played in front of--and he's played a few places.

Kinda makes you feel good about being an Eagles' fan. Now we just need a SB!

Nice, I always liked him. Another great player who caught unnecessary crap from us. I didn't know he still lives in the Philly area.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 12 2014, 07:47 PM) *
Nice, I always liked him. Another great player who caught unnecessary crap from us. I didn't know he still lives in the Philly area.

In their prime Lito, Sheldon, Lewis & Dawk made it possible for JJ to execute his bend don't break approach to defense.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 12 2014, 09:41 PM) *
In their prime Lito, Sheldon, Lewis & Dawk made it possible for JJ to execute his bend don't break approach to defense.

Yes of course. Yet we don't offer the same respect to Lito and Brown as we do to Vincent and Taylor - and Taylor got a lot of crap as I remember. I always liked Al Harris too.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 12 2014, 07:47 PM) *

He doesn't. He is from Jax (Raines High and Univ. Florida) and lives back here now.
nephillymike
He's a nice guy.

We delivered to him when he first signed and lived in the Sicklerville area and then when he go the big money and he moved to the same block as Kearse. Probably went about eight times over the years.

Ask him if he still has that leather sectional he bought when he first signed.

Imagine a two tone leather sectional in the orange and blue of Florida. I have never seen anything like it since. Blue and Orange!!

My guess is he got married and the old lady said get that the hell out of here. (Kind of like the scene from When Harry Met Sally when Bruno Kirby has to throw out that wagon wheel looking cocktail table)

Rick
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 12 2014, 06:31 PM) *
Good to hear that players appreciate us, but the best way to show that appreciation is the SuperBowl trophy you mentioned.

The point is, the players ARE trying to get that SB win. Some of them want to win it for the fans as well as themselves.
Rick
Litto is a SUPER nice guy. He works out with his wife sometimes and she's just as nice as he is. They have two boys who play in various leagues around the city. I've not met them.

It wouldn't surprise me if he still has the couch in Gator colors--he went to UofF. People down here take their college football REAL seriously. Much more seriously than most of us take pro football. People buy cars in their favorite college team color(s). It's crazy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.