Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bwahahahahaha
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Banner OUT in Cleveland.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 11 2014, 10:56 AM) *
Banner OUT in Cleveland.

What an absolutely disgraceful franchise. No matter how bad things ever get in Philly sports, I look to the west and feel better.
Dreagon
and Haslan decided not to replace Banner either. Instead everybody is just going to report to him. As if things weren't a big enough circus up there, now he's channeling Jerry Jones.
nephillymike
Why did he get fired??

Did he say the owner was patently irresponsible for expecting a winner??

He and Lombardi out in a hurry.

Was it one year or two?

I think what happened was that the owner realized how much Banner's reputation and surly nature adversely effected the team's ability to hire a coach. They got a lot of "no thank you's" on interview requests and I think Banner's reputation had a lot to do with that.
TGryn
Browns new GM is Ray Farmer, former Eagles LB. Also, I think Cleveland got a good coach in Pettine, who's family has deep roots in suburban Philly HS football, and they do have two 1st round draft picks.

The timing is really odd to get rid of Banner and Lombardi now when this is prime time for evaluating draft prospects & FA not that far off either. Possibly Pettine just wanted to clean sweep things.
Jax
QUOTE (TGryn @ Feb 11 2014, 09:23 PM) *
Browns new GM is Ray Farmer, former Eagles LB. Also, I think Cleveland got a good coach in Pettine, who's family has deep roots in suburban Philly HS football, and they do have two 1st round draft picks.

The timing is really odd to get rid of Banner and Lombardi now when this is prime time for evaluating draft prospects & FA not that far off either. Possibly Pettine just wanted to clean sweep things.

I actually liked Farmer as a LB. Wasn't he from Kansas or Northwestern or somewhere like that? I liked his smarts but just wasn't overly gifted physically relative top NFL LB's. If I am recalling the right guy... been a while right... 90's?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.