Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: draft site awesome
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://drafttek.com/new%20simulator/frmInput4.aspx

Check out this draft site and simulator, especially the simuluator.

Take the time to review the priority listings and the multiple, lockout and grab features and do a simulation or three!

It's addictive
nephillymike
OK. I had no P1 or P2 as they both indicated a willingness to reach and we have too many needs to reach.

I ran four diff scenarios.
#1 = no fa acq, just based on current needs assumes either coop or Mac go
#2 = assumes we keep both coop and Mac
#3 = we sign a fa safety and let coop or Mac go
#4 = we sign a fa safety and keep both coop and Mac

I had the following as P3 priorities (ie starter needed but won't reach) - FS, SS CB, 34OLB, 34DE, 34DT, WR(Feature)
I had one P4 which is for value oriented depth - OG
I had two P5's depth needed but not with a high pick - WR(slot/possession), ILB

For scenario #1 our selections were:
#22 K. Ealy 34DE Missouri
#54 C. Fuller CB Va. Tech
#86 Abbrederus WR Wisc
#118 T. Brooks FS, Fla St
#150 L. Barrow, ILB LSU
#157 C. Bradford 34OLB Arizona St
#214 A. Darby SS San /Diego St

For scenario #2 our selections were: (kept both Coop and Mac and I lowered WRF need to a P4 code
#86 M. Sam 34OLB Missouri
#150 L. Barrow, ILB LSU
#157 I. Lewis SS Michigan St
#214 S. Stephen 34DT UConn

For scenario #3 our selections were: (let one of our WR go, signed FA Safety, moved FS to a P5, kept WRF as A p4)
#86 Abbrederus WR Wisc
#150 L. Barrow, ILB LSU
#157 C. Bradford 34OLB Arizona St
#214 A. Darby SS San /Diego St

Simulator had this the same exact draft as #1. Not sure why, but value for FS brooks was too high to pass up I guess

For scenario #4 our selections were: (my preference keep both WR and sign S in FA) Same as scenario #2
#86 M. Sam 34OLB Missouri
#150 L. Barrow, ILB LSU
#157 I. Lewis SS Michigan St
#214 S. Stephen 34DT UConn

So there are only a total of ten names given our draft position and needs as I see them. Remember, we have two 5ths and no 6ths.

Maybe some of our college football junkies can chime in about these guys. Ealy, Fuller and Brooks all coming our way (as of now), and then seven possible others.

This is just fiddling with picks to keep busy on a slow day. After the combine, the prospect rankings will change and our needs will change after FA but what the hell........
Dreagon
It didn't have the option "Total Moron for General Manager" to choose from so I didn't bother.
nephillymike
Well, if we get OLB Sam from Missouri, it looks like we'll have something to talk about!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 9 2014, 08:59 PM) *
Well, if we get OLB Sam from Missouri, it looks like we'll have something to talk about!

How many sacks do you think he can get?
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 9 2014, 08:59 PM) *
Sam now fits Lurie's social consciousness criteria. How much will his outing affect his selection level? Personally, I agree that a player should be judged on how he plays and not by who he dates or what he says ... to a reasonable point.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 10 2014, 12:31 PM) *
Sam now fits Lurie's social consciousness criteria. How much will his outing affect his selection level? Personally, I agree that a player should be judged on how he plays and not by who he dates or what he says ... to a reasonable point.

We now find ourselves in an era when homophobia rather than homosexuality is regarded as a problem.

Good luck to the kid, but all I'm interested in is whether he would improve our defence.
TGryn
Wouldn't Sam just be duplicating what we already have in Graham?

Graham (combine): 6'1", 268, 4.72 40
Sam: 6'2", 260, TBD 40

We seem to have trouble figuring out what to do with Graham and Cole in this scheme - too light to be DEs, not really LBs either. I don't see Sam as doing much more than adding to that problem, especially since he didn't look good at LB in the Senior Bowl according to reports I've read.
nephillymike
QUOTE (TGryn @ Feb 13 2014, 08:12 PM) *
Wouldn't Sam just be duplicating what we already have in Graham?

Graham (combine): 6'1", 268, 4.72 40
Sam: 6'2", 260, TBD 40

We seem to have trouble figuring out what to do with Graham and Cole in this scheme - too light to be DEs, not really LBs either. I don't see Sam as doing much more than adding to that problem, especially since he didn't look good at LB in the Senior Bowl according to reports I've read.

Good point.

It seems when you get past the first two rounds, there is a lot of projection of a college DE ability to play olb in 3-4. Seems like there are not a lot of college 3-4 Olb that project to that spot in the pros.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.