Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Congrats Seahawks
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SpudDogg
Next year that confetti is gonna be midnight green and black. Maybe a little white too.

E
A
G
L
E
S

EAGLES
JeeQ
The only way Peyton can win a Super Bowl is when he's facing Rex Grossman. The only QB who's worse than he is in the Super Bowl. Greatest regular season QB ever... absolute trash in the Super Bowl
Chip Kelly
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Feb 3 2014, 12:10 AM) *
The only way Peyton can win a Super Bowl is when he's facing Rex Grossman. The only QB who's worse than he is in the Super Bowl. Greatest regular season QB ever... absolute trash in the Super Bowl

He has the numbers (regular season), but he don't have the rings. LOL

The Bears were a QB away from winning the Super Bowl that year. I think yesterday may have illustrated that point even further.
Rick
All of this anti-Peyton stuff is just stupid. I don't care WHO played the Seahawks yesterday, you would have seen the same result. That was about the most hungry team I've ever seen in a game...ANY game. They came out totally fired up and that safety just ignited a raging forrest fire.

Peyton and the Broncos didn't stand a chance against that kind of intensity.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 3 2014, 05:40 AM) *
All of this anti-Peyton stuff is just stupid. I don't care WHO played the Seahawks yesterday, you would have seen the same result. That was about the most hungry team I've ever seen in a game...ANY game. They came out totally fired up and that safety just ignited a raging forrest fire.

I don't think the Broncos had their heads in the game from the very beginning. It started with that bad snap and never stopped. Manning had defenders in his face all evening, and his recievers were not getting open downfield. He kept having to dump off on these screens that often lost yardage. Their running game just wasn't happening, and their defense were barely there until the Seahawks would get inside the 20. The hawks were dominating the lines, and the Broncos were lucky the score was as close as it was.
D Rock
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 3 2014, 12:40 PM) *

Nonsense. Peyton is, was, and will always be a post season choke artist.

The guy lost his h.s. State championship game. Lost every bowl game as a vol, and with the lone exception of beating Rex grossman, has a putrid post season record.

Seattle, as well as they played, had a virtual "gimme" on their hands by virtue of facing Mannimg the Lesser.
Rick
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 3 2014, 10:42 AM) *

The guy lost his h.s. State championship game. Lost every bowl game as a vol, and with the lone exception of beating Rex grossman, has a putrid post season record.

Seattle, as well as they played, had a virtual "gimme" on their hands by virtue of facing Mannimg the Lesser.

I guess his SB win was a choke?

Sorry, it's ridiculous to say this about the guy. There are 10 other players on offense and a lot more on the rest of the team. He certainly didn't lose that game for them last night. He didn't play well but ya know, Seattle had just a little to do with that.

Honestly, saying Peyton choked yesterday takes away from one of the greatest performances by a TEAM yesterday (i.e. Seattle).
Phits
Now that's nonsense.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 3 2014, 10:42 AM) *

HOUSEoPAIN
I don't think the Broncos had their heads in the game from the very beginning. It started with that bad snap and never stopped.

I saw that snap and automatically thought 'Vegas.' +4000 for the first score being a safety. If I worked for the league I'd be investigating Ramirez.

Besides that, the Broncos were a disgrace. Their defense did their best to keep the game close early on, and eventually collapsed. I'd take Eli in a SB over Peyton.
MrNawts
Manning still broke a record in a horrible effort by the broncos TEAM <- . Nobody on the broncos team was helping Peyton, the oline was getting killed, the run game did not exist, decker, damarius, and the te thomas andd welker all were getting man handle and blanketed in coverage, there is no way one can put this all on peyton, yes peyton didnt play his best game but that whole team didn't help him either. Its a TEAM game not an individual, thays why the Seahawks won, offense defense and special teams played light out from kickoff. They imo proved last night they were the best in the NFL this season and noone was going to take the Superbowl from them last night
Wheeljack
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Feb 3 2014, 12:10 AM) *

his brother is the inverse, and it makes me livid. actually, he's not the greatest Super Bowl QB (that is and will forever be Joe Montana until further notice)

also... the reason why Peyton sucked so much is because he's a statue in the pocket passer... which is exactly why I'm not a fan of those type of QBs anymore. Good when they're not facing a good defense, crap otherwise.

Brady would have faltered against Seattle's defense as well.

btw, Manning the Lesser = Eli. He is a BUM who got lucky 2x to be facing the Rex Grossman of defenses in the Super Bowl (and mostly non sequitur defenses on the way TO the Superbowl)
Rick
Watching that game reminded me of so many Andy Reid Eagles teams. Denver was TOTALLY unprepared for the game. Looked like Fox and Co. were just waiting for Manning to win the game for them. No adjustments, nothing.
D Rock
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 3 2014, 04:49 PM) *
I guess his SB win was a choke?

Even Dunuvin could have beaten Rex Phuqing Grossman and his all world offense that year given the chance. The guy is a life long post season failure. In every league. At every level. Look at the history. I didn't make it up. Just stating the facts.

laugh.gif
Rick
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 3 2014, 06:12 PM) *
Even Dunuvin could have beaten Rex Phuqing Grossman and his all world offense that year given the chance. The guy is a life long post season failure. In every league. At every level. Look at the history. I didn't make it up. Just stating the facts.

laugh.gif

Says the armchair QB.... wink.gif
nephillymike
To lose is one thing.

To lose again when favored in a playoff game is one thing.

To get absolutely crushed when you are a qb and call plays at the line is inexcusable.

It looked like he didn't call many long pass patterns out of fear. No excuse for that.

I remember Warner getting hit after just about every play in his SB vs. Ten. Hung in there took some hits and delivered the ball down the field.

I was disappointed in Manning's lack of guts.

Anyone can complete 75% of your passes when most of them are caught within 5 Yds. of the line.

Be a man. Step up throw it down field and take a hit. It's the friggin Super Bowl.

Peyton, THAT, was embarrassing!
JeeQ
Deion Sanders said it best today...

“This is the problem. We praise Peyton — we should — for calling everything, taking his team to depths, broke every record known to man — then we give him all the credit. So now when they lose, it’s not his fault. Whose fault is it? It’s a team, right? But is it the team’s fault when you win? No, Peyton’s calling everything at the line.”

In three Super Bowl appearances Peyton is boasting an impressive 3 Touchdowns, 4 Interceptions (2 Returned For TDs), and 2 Fumbles
Rick
I supposed the fact the coaching staff looked lost had nothing to do with the loss?

I suppose Seattle playing like they had to win this game or their families would all be killed had nothing to do with it either?

Yeah, it was ALL Peyton. He sucks. I totally agree...
D Rock
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 4 2014, 12:54 PM) *
I supposed the fact the coaching staff looked lost had nothing to do with the loss?

I suppose Seattle playing like they had to win this game or their families would all be killed had nothing to do with it either?

Yeah, it was ALL Peyton. He sucks. I totally agree...

In February he certainly does. Pretty much January too. He's the best in EVER September through December. But we're beyond "trend" here with the history and the numbers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.