Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle's crushing defense
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
Manning may be able to bring his team back from a deficit as big as this against a lot of teams in the NFL, but I'd be real surprised if the Seahawks turn out to be one of them. The guys on this Seahawk defense are smart, quick, strong and have an attitude. I like it.
Dreagon
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Feb 2 2014, 07:09 PM) *
Manning may be able to bring his team back from a deficit as big as this against a lot of teams in the NFL, but I'd be real surprised if the Seahawks turn out to be one of them. The guys on this Seahawk defense are smart, quick, strong and have an attitude. I like it.

Manning ain't going to be able to do anything unless somebody else from his team shows up. The Seahawks have him outnumbered out there. As it stands now, they might as well just have a fat lady sing for the halftime show.
TGryn
We'll be seeing a fair number of "Seattle's given the rest of the league the book on how to stop Peyton" articles this week. Well, sure, it'll work as long as you have Seattle's talent on defense, otherwise you're just going to get ripped to shreds.

Which is why I'm on the "give Davis better players on D, period" bandwagon this offseason. I wasn't a big fan when we hired BD to run the defense, but I think he did the best possible job with the level of talent we had on D last year. To get further, we need to get more elite guys on defense. A lot of what Seattle does works because they have Earl Thomas in the middle to cover for any mistakes the CBs make. And because their CBs are very good, they don't need the second safety for extra insurance as much, which gives them flexibility most other teams don't have.
TGryn
Here's the two best Xs-and-Os breakdowns I've seen of Seattle's game plan vs. Manning:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1945906...and-the-broncos

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown...31436--nfl.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.