Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why This Day Brings Some Bad Feelings
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
And I blame myself for watching it.

The NFL Network has 45 minute specials on each Super Bowl Winner with some footage from the season and playoffs etc.

5:20 left.

Down 10 points.

We have the ball.

And we don't run the FUCKING TWO MINUTE DRILL OFFENSE!!

We take our time. Bellicheat is confused and asks if the scoreboard is right. Bruschi jokes about it in the huddle.

Was it because of DMAC throwing up and being sick? Was it Reid's piss poor ability to think on the fly?

Whatever the reason, we do end up scoring with 1:43 left.

Then we get the ball back and in a clean pocket, DMAC throws a ball about 6 inches too high for LJ Smith who tips it into Harrison.

Game, set, match.

Yes the LJ Smith we got instead of Jason Whitten.

That is why I thoroughly enjoyed Reid's timeout in the KC playoff game right after the 2 minute timeout and ensuing melt down..

Why I enjoyed seeing them throw the ball endlessly even though the score and situation called for more clock eating runs.

I am sure when asked about it afterwards he said he needed to do a better job.

Hopefully for the folks in KC, someone up stairs holds his feet to the fire because he won't change unless someone puts a size 12 up his fat ass.

Not our problem anymore but seeing the "highlights" show, made it my problem again for a few minutes.

Oh and by the way, have fun watching for the 46th time in 48 years someone other than us play today. mad.gif
Zero
Aren't you Mr. Happy lately. sad.gif

Thing is, I also enjoy seeing Reid blunders continue because it ain't us no mo. And I avoid watching those depressing memory games. Future, future, future. No rear view mirror on this bus.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 2 2014, 01:25 PM) *
And I blame myself for watching it.

The NFL Network has 45 minute specials on each Super Bowl Winner with some footage from the season and playoffs etc.

Down 10 points.

We have the ball.

We take our time. Bellicheat is confused and asks if the scoreboard is right. Bruschi jokes about it in the huddle.

Was it because of DMAC throwing up and being sick? Was it Reid's piss poor ability to think on the fly?

Whatever the reason, we do end up scoring with 1:43 left.

Then we get the ball back and in a clean pocket, DMAC throws a ball about 6 inches too high for LJ Smith who tips it into Harrison.

Game, set, match.

Yes the LJ Smith we got instead of Jason Whitten.

That is why I thoroughly enjoyed Reid's timeout in the KC playoff game right after the 2 minute timeout and ensuing melt down..

Why I enjoyed seeing them throw the ball endlessly even though the score and situation called for more clock eating runs.

I am sure when asked about it afterwards he said he needed to do a better job.

Hopefully for the folks in KC, someone up stairs holds his feet to the fire because he won't change unless someone puts a size 12 up his fat ass.

Not our problem anymore but seeing the "highlights" show, made it my problem again for a few minutes.

Oh and by the way, have fun watching for the 46th time in 48 years someone other than us play today. mad.gif

I doubt anyone upstairs is going to hold his feet to the fire. Not after taking that team from 2 - 14 in 2012 to 11 - 5 in 2013.

And I am sure with the large body (pun intended) of work they had to go on during his time with the Eagles, it was already pretty clear to them that the guy has a problem thinking on the fly.
HOUSEoPAIN

Andy 'goofed.'

When the Chiefs were up 28, and a couple Reid-apologists I know started texting me, I laughed and said 'they're going to lose.' They proceeded to cough up the lead, and in
true vintage Reid form, waste a crucial timeout after the 2 minute warning, ensuring their defeat. Beautiful, someone else's problem now. It almost made up for the Eagles
loss later on.

Not likely. Everyone in KC probably thinks we're the stupidest organization on the planet for letting such a genius go. 3 or 4 more years of big game disappointments, and a
small contingent of fans will start to realize the futility of Reid as HC.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.