Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nick Foles Offensive MVP of Pro Bowl !!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-bowl/0ap...oles-highlights

Gotta love it.

Not bad for the second from last pick in the Pro Bowl draft!!

I think we have something special here.

He looked like he belongs in that setting. Very sure, very comfortable, very accurate.

Congrats to #9.
Zero
I'm really looking forward to next year! If the defense continues it's improvement we could have more fun than we did this year.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
and with his jersey ALREADY on display in HOF ?

Are you shittin' me ? Our QB Foles, is GREAT !

I love the kid. I have a man crush on him and would like him to have my babies.
Rick
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Jan 30 2014, 01:09 AM) *
I love the kid. I have a man crush on him and would like him to have my babies.

OoooooooooK....

:::stepping out of the room quietly::::
Dreagon
So the only team in the division that still has a question mark at quarterback is Washington ph34r.gif
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 31 2014, 01:02 AM) *
So the only team in the division that still has a question mark at quarterback is Washington ph34r.gif

After back surgery can you be sure Romo will be back?
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 31 2014, 04:34 AM) *
After back surgery can you be sure Romo will be back?

I know, I know.... but we have Dr. Jerry Jones assurances that Romo came through with flying colors and the operation was a complete success. Heck, I think he was giving assurances before Romo was even out of recovery, so it must have really gone swell wacko.gif
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 31 2014, 01:02 AM) *

I'd go a step further and say that the Eagles are the only team in the division without a question mark at QB.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 31 2014, 09:27 AM) *
I'd go a step further and say that the Eagles are the only team in the division without a question mark at QB.

Well, I guess that depends on how you define question mark. Eli and Romo both have their flaws, but what I guess I'm saying is that both are known commodities. They are both good enough to win for you if you put a team around them. Romo is the main reason the Cowboys have even managed to reach .500 while Eli is clutch when he makes the playoffs. Foles has shown himself to dependable, smart, and accurate with an outstanding QB rating and the ability to take his team to playoffs as well.

The problem with Washington is that they drafted a franchise QB, who then got badly injured in his first year while trying to answer the question of whether or not he was the answer they were hunting for. Then he comes back this year and he is definitely not the guy he was the year before. Obviously that could be simply due to him needing a year to get back to form, but a lot of athletes never recover fully from that injury so the question mark is there. He is going to have to start over next year and prove all over again that he can be the guy. Complicating that there are rumors of some definite diva attitudes in regards to him, and that's not a good sign from a QB that hasn't proven anything yet. Even worse, Snyder is as bad about indulging divas as Jones is, so I think there is still a real chance this may not end well.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 31 2014, 05:36 PM) *
Eli and Romo both have their flaws, but what I guess I'm saying is that both are known commodities.

We LOVE Romo. I for one hope he NEVER retires.
Dreagon
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 31 2014, 03:46 PM) *
We LOVE Romo. I for one hope he NEVER retires.

Why? He's 9-7 vs you guys, and won his only playoff game against y'all. Not exactly dominating, but I would hardly consider him somebody I would love playing.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 31 2014, 05:04 PM) *
Why? He's 9-7 vs you guys, and won his only playoff game against y'all. Not exactly dominating, but I would hardly consider him somebody I would love playing.

True.
Phits
I meant question marks as in:
Will Romo come back healthy and in form?
Can Eli rebound from a very miserable season?
RGIII is he finished before he really got started?

Romo (34) and Eli (33) are on the opposite side of 30, so the question can be asked: How much is left in their tanks?

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 31 2014, 11:36 AM) *
Well, I guess that depends on how you define question mark. Eli and Romo both have their flaws, but what I guess I'm saying is that both are known commodities. They are both good enough to win for you if you put a team around them. Romo is the main reason the Cowboys have even managed to reach .500 while Eli is clutch when he makes the playoffs. Foles has shown himself to dependable, smart, and accurate with an outstanding QB rating and the ability to take his team to playoffs as well.

The problem with Washington is that they drafted a franchise QB, who then got badly injured in his first year while trying to answer the question of whether or not he was the answer they were hunting for. Then he comes back this year and he is definitely not the guy he was the year before. Obviously that could be simply due to him needing a year to get back to form, but a lot of athletes never recover fully from that injury so the question mark is there. He is going to have to start over next year and prove all over again that he can be the guy. Complicating that there are rumors of some definite diva attitudes in regards to him, and that's not a good sign from a QB that hasn't proven anything yet. Even worse, Snyder is as bad about indulging divas as Jones is, so I think there is still a real chance this may not end well.

Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 31 2014, 09:42 PM) *
I meant question marks as in:
Will Romo come back healthy and in form?
Can Eli rebound from a very miserable season?
RGIII is he finished before he really got started?

Romo (34) and Eli (33) are on the opposite side of 30, so the question can be asked: How much is left in their tanks?

Yep, now that is a reasonable question. But since Jerry just threw $108 million at Romo, I guess we're stuck with him even if they have to wheel him out in a gurney to take the snaps. But your point is well taken.

I guess Eli is a safer bet, since at least he's still healthy. Not to mention he has a knack for stinking up the joint one year and winning the Super Bowl the next, so if he holds true to form the Giants will probably be dangerous again next year.

RG3 is a #2 pick in the draft and going into his third season and nobody still really knows what they have there. In a way, I actually feel sorry for the 'skins fans on that one. That's gotta suck.

Right now y'all are in the catbird seat QB wise (unless it's another Eli Superbowl year). I figure the only moves yall are going to be making at QB is replacing Vick.
Zero
Ya know, I really like what Foles has accomplished and the odds are that he'll do even better with an off season preparing as the starter. He seems to have everything you could want in a QB except lightning speed and an unmatched rocket arm with a quick release. Yet he moves well in the pocket, has good touch and can hit receivers accurately almost anywhere on the field. What's not to like?

My problem is that I've been an Eagle fan too long and I'm programmed to expect disappointment. I don't expect him to fall down this year but my instincts grab my balls and squeeze with every Hallelujah Foles post.

I'm really looking forward to the 2014 season and I'm pissed that it's only January.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 1 2014, 07:11 AM) *
I'm really looking forward to the 2014 season and I'm pissed that it's only January.

I just hope the Phillies can stay within 8 games of the 2nd wild card until preseason.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Feb 1 2014, 12:34 PM) *
I just hope the Phillies can stay within 8 games of the 2nd wild card until preseason.

That seems unlikely looking at it now.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 1 2014, 04:04 AM) *
Right now y'all are in the catbird seat QB wise (unless it's another Eli Superbowl year). I figure the only moves yall are going to be making at QB is replacing Vick.

The signs are promising but I'll wait until midway through next season before anointing Foles as our franchise QB. Opposing defensive co-ordinators have all off season to pick his game apart and find weaknesses to target, and the proof of his greatness will be if he can overcome that. I expect him to do so, but see no harm in being cautious.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 2 2014, 05:59 AM) *
The signs are promising but I'll wait until midway through next season before anointing Foles as our franchise QB. Opposing defensive co-ordinators have all off season to pick his game apart and find weaknesses to target, and the proof of his greatness will be if he can overcome that. I expect him to do so, but see no harm in being cautious.

Relax me lad, and have another Lagavulin biggrin.gif . I told ya'll a year ago that despite lacking super speed and cannon strength arm, Foles is very intelligent, observant and hard-working, driven to get better and better and with the height and vision (not just seeing but reading what he sees) that makes him the perfect conductor to Phil the role of leading a Pholesharmonic for Kelly.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 31 2014, 11:36 AM) *

I'd say there are definitely two franchise QBs in our division, and it's a no brainer who those two are, have been for some time now, and will continue to be --- Manning and Romo, health permitting.

As for Nick Foles, I need to see a bigger body of work from him --- though at this point I am pretty impressed --- at least the half of a season as Eyrie stated earlier in this thread. I think the biggest question mark regarding Foles is whether or not this is the guy/type of QB Chip wants long term as his franchise QB. We'll see.

Foreskins? Eh, they can keep their running QB. I haven't seen many of them hoisting the Lombardi.
Phits
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Feb 2 2014, 05:12 PM) *
Foreskins? Eh, they can keep their running QB. I haven't seen many of them hoisting the Lombardi.

It's a new age in thee NFL. Keep watching, because it is inevitable.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Feb 2 2014, 08:56 PM) *
Relax me lad, and have another Lagavulin biggrin.gif . I told ya'll a year ago that despite lacking super speed and cannon strength arm, Foles is very intelligent, observant and hard-working, driven to get better and better and with the height and vision (not just seeing but reading what he sees) that makes him the perfect conductor to Phil the role of leading a Pholesharmonic for Kelly.

Very civil of you cheers.gif

I was defending Foles this time last year as well, but now find myself trying to dampen expectations because he was even better than we'd hoped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.