Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phillies Roster WTF?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Well we signed Bobby A. to a minor league contract, expecting him to be there lefty ph off the bench. We also signed Guidan, P from SF, who may be starter or middle relief. I got to thinking, what will thiscrostervlook like? Here's a guess:
SP- Lee, Hamels, Pettibone, Gonzalez, Kendrick
RP - Papelbon, Adams, Bastardo, Gaudin, Diekman, DeFratus
C- Ruiz, Nieves
INF- Howard,Utley,Rollins,Asche, Grandson,Galvis
OF-Brown,Revere, Byrd,Ruf,Mayberry, Abreu

Last cut = OF Hernandez

The team looks like a <.500 non contender.
Anyone?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 22 2014, 10:01 PM) *
Well we signed Bobby A. to a minor league contract, expecting him to be there lefty ph off the bench. We also signed Guidan, P from SF, who may be starter or middle relief. I got to thinking, what will thiscrostervlook like? Here's a guess:
C- Ruiz, Nieves

Last cut = OF Hernandez

Anyone?

I just heard we signed Abreu on WIP and I thought it was a joke - no. At this point I think Amaro is trying to do any little thing he can to spark interest
in what is clearly a non-contender, and he's hoping to catch lightning in a bottle or something. Or maybe he's so unbelievably incompetent he thinks he's making good
moves, that nobody else is seeing. Either that, or he knows he's dead, and is just trolling us. How many 35 year old and above players have we signed this offseason?

Assuming all of our starters stay healthy (which won't happen), I don't see us cracking .500. And since we're sure to have plenty of injuries, I'm not sure we'll finish far
above 70 wins, if that. Looks like a disaster.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 22 2014, 10:01 PM) *
C- Ruiz, Nieves

Last cut = OF Hernandez

Anyone?

fan of an AL team but I still LOLed at that pick up... Abreu? seriously?
this team has gone fast down hill since their last playoff run.
Jax
Non-contender in my opinion however, at this point, I don't mind the Abreu signing because there's not much left out there that can help us within our budget. Most likely Abreu is a bit of a fan interest signing but that would be cool if he can hit 13 dingers and become only the third player with 300 hr and 400 steals. Also amazing that he is 23rd in doubles and even more impressive 22nd in walks. That impresses me because I bet at least 17 of the 21 players ahead of him were sluggers that got pitched around. Abreu achieved his walks with uncanny bat control and plate discipline. He is truly a hitting talent way beyond what he has ever gotten credit for.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 23 2014, 04:35 PM) *
Non-contender in my opinion however, at this point, I don't mind the Abreu signing because there's not much left out there that can help us within our budget.
Most likely Abreu is a bit of a fan interest signing but that would be cool if he can hit 13 dingers and become only the third player with 300 hr and 400 steals. Also amazing
that he is 23rd in doubles and even more impressive 22nd in walks. That impresses me because I bet at least 17 of the 21 players ahead of him were sluggers that got
pitched around. Abreu achieved his walks with uncanny bat control and plate discipline. He is truly a hitting talent way beyond what he has ever gotten credit for.

Abreu's had a really good career, one notch below a Hall of Famer, but he certainly wore off on Phillies fans until the time he was traded. It's a shame that whenever he
doesn't get on base this year as a pinch hitter, he's going to be booed mercilessly - and most of it will be more of a boo towards Amaro. God I hope RAJ is gone after this
year.
Jax
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 23 2014, 06:47 PM) *
Abreu's had a really good career, one notch below a Hall of Famer, but he certainly wore off on Phillies fans until the time he was traded. It's a shame that whenever he
doesn't get on base this year as a pinch hitter, he's going to be booed mercilessly - and most of it will be more of a boo towards Amaro. God I hope RAJ is gone after this
year.

Yes, well, he certainly wasn't a Larry Bowa type player - lol.
Jax
Mikey,

The Phillies have TONY GWYNN! We have ANTHONY KEITH GWYNN! Just 25 years too late...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 24 2014, 10:51 PM) *
Mikey,

The Phillies have TONY GWYNN! We have ANTHONY KEITH GWYNN! Just 25 years too late...

I wonder if Pete Rose Jr. is available
Jax
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 25 2014, 10:44 AM) *
I wonder if Pete Rose Jr. is available

lol. yeah
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 27 2014, 09:13 PM) *
lol. yeah

It's ridiculously hard to make it to the Major Leagues but c'mon.....you're the son of the greatest contact hitter in baseball
history, and these are your career stats: 14 at-bats, 2 hits, 2 walks, 9 strikeouts.

Oh, and a month in prison - at least he learned SOMETHING from his old man laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.