Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Talk about bad officiating...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Rick
San Fran got the short end of the stick on some horrible calls yesterday. It was really ridiculous.
Reality Fan
as did the Pats......consecutive pick plays, one which resulted in Talib leaving the game......

I would love to know where all the media's indignation was this eason over the horrible officiating in the NFL by the clowns who went on strike.....they jumped all over the guys who had been doing it for a few weeks and they were not any worse than these overpaid idots who have been doing it for years.......how bad was the call where Bowman got hurt...how did they miss that fumble? Bowman gets his knee blown up and takes the ball away and only gets a ruined knee for his efforts....
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 20 2014, 09:07 PM) *
as did the Pats......consecutive pick plays, one which resulted in Talib leaving the game......

I would love to know where all the media's indignation was this eason over the horrible officiating in the NFL by the clowns who went on strike.....they jumped all over the guys who had been doing it for a few weeks and they were not any worse than these overpaid idots who have been doing it for years.......how bad was the call where Bowman got hurt...how did they miss that fumble? Bowman gets his knee blown up and takes the ball away and only gets a ruined knee for his efforts....

I remember being ridiculed for suggesting that the replacement refs were no better/worse than their striking brethren's.
mcnabbulous
Fuck the patriots. They run more pick plays than any team in football. They are the whiniest bunch of losers in the league.

The Bowman fumble is a mystery to me. I still can't figure out how that wasn't reviewable. That guy is an absolute beast. Hope he's able to come back from the injury.

The replacement refs were worse. All refs make mistakes, but there was an incredible lack of consistency when those guys were on the field.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2014, 10:33 PM) *
The replacement refs were worse. All refs make mistakes, but there was an incredible lack of consistency when those guys were on the field.

There was a tremendous amount of scrutiny on the replacement refs. They were doomed to fail. This has been the worst season for officiating I have ever seen, and these are the FT zebras. Really, there is no excuse.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2014, 10:33 PM) *

I will grant they were as bad but they had an excuse even if they were worse...they were on the job a few weeks....there is no excuse for how bad these guys are.....none......

Had the replacements had a few more weeks there would have been no difference....hell...there was very little difference in the first place...there was one or 2 bad games but the overall performance was relatively good...the media seized on those few bad examples....
Rick
Pick plays happen all of the time. We run pick plays and don't get called for it. And these are judgement calls either way. My point is these guys missed non-judgement calls.

A guy recovers a fumble. Is laying on his back with the ball in his gut with NOBODY on top of him or around him (so he is cleared seen) and they miss his recovery. How? Not like they don't have people looking DIRECTLY AT THE PLAY....

A guy runs into the punter. Hits his BACK LEG which, by rule, is a roughing the kicker. But they call running into the kicker and the 49ers don't get a 1st down out of it. How do you not have one ref on the field who got that right? I mean, it's a hard rule. They get the most obscure stuff correct and miss that.

The judgement calls they tend to get wrong all of the time (and right). It's the stuff that is just black and white which drive me nuts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.