Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seahawks fans throw food at Bowman as he is carted off
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
make_it_rain
BUT HEY, THE EAGLES HAVE THE WORST FAN BASE GUISE, AMIRITE?????
Jax
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 19 2014, 11:36 PM) *
BUT HEY, THE EAGLES HAVE THE WORST FAN BASE GUISE, AMIRITE?????

That is awful. I felt terrible for Bowman with the injury. Sure looks bad.

Combine this fan behavior and Richard Sherman being a total idiot and the Seahawks did not win over any new fans with that game. I have a feeling that the large majority of people will be pulling for Peyton and the Broncos.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 20 2014, 08:49 AM) *
That is awful. I felt terrible for Bowman with the injury. Sure looks bad.

Combine this fan behavior and Richard Sherman being a total idiot and the Seahawks did not win over any new fans with that game. I have a feeling that the large majority
of people will be pulling for Peyton and the Broncos.

Sherman is a piece of shit, but it's a thug's game these days, where people have to perform choreographed dances after making a tackle, so I'm immune to this shit. He was
right about one thing though - Crabtree is barely above mediocre. It'll be fun watching both DeMarius and Julius Thomas run him over in a couple weeks.
mcnabbulous
What are people up in arms about Sherman for? The interview or patting Crabtree on the butt?

Obviously the taunting of Crabtree wasn't the classiest of moves, but those guys obviously really don't like one another and have some history. After making a game clinching play against the guy, to send his team to the SB, you can understand his excitement.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2014, 11:27 AM) *
What are people up in arms about Sherman for? The interview or patting Crabtree on the butt?

Obviously the taunting of Crabtree wasn't the classiest of moves, but those guys obviously really don't like one another and have some history. After making a game clinching play against the guy, to send his team to the SB, you can understand his excitement.

People tend to project their own beliefs and expect people to behave in a way that is familiar to them. Anything outside that norm is foreign and generally unappreciated; often with disdain. Makes it easier to refer to people as "thugs" and classify their behavior as inappropriate. It's probably why they don't mic the floor at NBA games, because the taunting/trash talking is not understood by the general populace and often frowned upon.

Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2014, 11:27 AM) *

Sherman was a total ass in the interview. That is what the problem was. There was no call for it.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 20 2014, 01:37 PM) *
Sherman was a total ass in the interview. That is what the problem was. There was no call for it.

Yeah, he probably should have talked about what a hard fought game it was, how much he respects the 49ers, insert cliche football talking point here, how much he thanks god for his abilities.

Or, you know...he had just made the biggest play of his career to help his team make the Superbowl. So he may have been amped up.
make_it_rain
It's one thing to be amped up, its another thing to be a completely classless douchebag. Running over to Crabtree after his season just ended, slapping him on the ass and getting in his face with the choking sign was completely out of line.

Sherman is a hell of a player, and a hell of an asshat to boot. I'm not even a Manning fan but I'll be hoping him and Demaryius light him up for 4 TDs in two weeks.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 20 2014, 02:17 PM) *
It's one thing to be amped up, its another thing to be a completely classless douchebag. Running over to Crabtree after his season just ended, slapping him on the ass and getting in his face with the choking sign was completely out of line.

Sherman is a hell of a player, and a hell of an asshat to boot. I'm not even a Manning fan but I'll be hoping him and Demaryius light him up for 4 TDs in two weeks.

Yeah, but he hates Crabtree. So it was more personal than just some random guy who's season just ended.

Sherman is a smart guy. He wrote about it:

But thatís not why I donít like the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but youíd have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just donít like him.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sher...chael-crabtree/

Once again, I think it's a bunch of uptight people making something out of nothing.
D Rock
I agree. Sherman was amped up and a bit over the top in the on field/post game interview. But would ANY of us have a problem with it were he wearing our laundry and not that horrible blue and neon nonsense?

He's never had any off field incidents unlike many of our best players (hello Shady) and has been completely made into a boogie man by players who clearly fear having to face him. I suppose he doesn't endear himself to his "colleagues" on the other team, but neither did concrete charlie.

Also there is deep personal animosity between Sherman and both crabtree (mediocre is generous in my estimation) and Harbaugh who essentially tried very hard to ruin this kids career when he was coming out of stanford.

Has anyone seen this lil gem? This is how Sherman gets treated by his "peers."

Trent Williams is a ginormous DOUCHE

Talk about "haterism." The guy is a beast on the field.

Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2014, 02:31 PM) *
Yeah, but he hates Crabtree. So it was more personal than just some random guy who's season just ended.

Sherman is a smart guy. He wrote about it:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sher...chael-crabtree/

Once again, I think it's a bunch of uptight people making something out of nothing.

No, I don't think it's about being uptight. I'm about the last uptight person you'll meet and I think he was a total ass.

I don't care if he hates the guy or not. It was totally classless and that wasn't the time nor the place for that crap.

Yeah, he just made a great play sending his team to the SB. So, he wants to be remembered for being an ass rather than making the great play. Yeah, he's a smart guy.

Come on...
HOUSEoPAIN
People tend to project their own beliefs and expect people to behave in a way that is familiar to them. Anything outside
that norm is foreign and generally unappreciated; often with disdain. Makes it easier to refer to people as "thugs" and classify
their behavior as inappropriate.

Spoken like a sociology professor at a community college. rolleyes.gif

I clearly said that I expect this kind of behavior, since it's a thug's game these days. So it isn't 'foreign,' and it's pretty familiar
by now. And why not? The guys that talk the most shit and act like the biggest asses become household names. At least
Sherman is a legit All-Pro - what's more annoying is when completely mediocre players (Keyshawn Johnson) become famous
for being assholes, then they end up in broadcasting and we have to listen to them for 20 years after they retire.

It's probably why they don't mic the floor at NBA games, because the taunting/trash talking is not understood by the
general populace and often frowned upon.

Or.....maybe they don't mic up NBA games BECAUSE the general populace DOES understand what they're saying, and any
self-respecting network recognizes that it's frowned upon in a civilized society?

As I said before, I'm with make it rain - I hope J and D Thomas steamroll over this douchebag in the Super Bowl, and give him
some smack talk afterwards.
mcnabbulous
Larry Bird is one of the most notorious trash talkers in sports history. What a thug.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2014, 05:03 PM) *
Larry Bird is one of the most notorious trash talkers in sports history. What a thug.

And how often did he say the crap Sherman did during an interview? Big difference.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 20 2014, 05:39 PM) *
And how often did he say the crap Sherman did during an interview? Big difference.

Why? What exactly was so offensive that he said? That he is the best? That Crabtree (someone he despises) is sorry?
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 20 2014, 04:35 PM) *
I clearly said that I expect this kind of behavior, since it's a thug's game these days.

Thug's game? Define a "thugs game".
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 20 2014, 06:01 PM) *
Thug's game? Define a "thugs game".

Read above. Would you like to explain how it isn't one?
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 20 2014, 06:29 PM) *
Read above. Would you like to explain how it isn't one?

You mean when you said:
it's a thug's game these days, where people have to perform choreographed dances after making a tackle

That still doesn't explain why or how it's a thug's game. Unless you are implying choreographed dance routines are indicative of "thug behavior"? Perhaps, you also feel that chest bumps or high five's are also a representation of "thug life". Or, maybe you just don't get it and it offends you because you consider yourself to be person of reasonable intelligence.
Jax
McNabbulous, you are not seriously defending Richard Sherman.
Phits
QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 20 2014, 07:51 PM) *
McNabbulous, you are not seriously defending Richard Sherman.

Many of us feel that there is nothing to defend, and that offended parties are being a wee bit uptight.
nephillymike
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 20 2014, 02:17 PM) *

You and me both.
My problem is that it has become the 'all about me' sports society. He was calling attention to himself. Just like all the celebration for routine plays. Even Deion was disgusted and said you have to respect the game.

You don't think that Bergey and those guys had similar hate for the Cowboys? Why didn't they carry on that way?

Here's a question. Suppose the other db makes the tip and Sherman was there for the gift interception, is there any doubt that Sherman would have carried on the same way? Why? It's all about him. His vendetta. His talent. His being disrespected.

Like I said, I hope Manning lights them up.
HOUSEoPAIN
My problem is that it has become the 'all about me' sports society. He was calling attention to himself. Just like all the celebration for routine plays.

a.k.a. It's now a thug's game. How many times a year do we see key plays negated by some dipshit getting in someone's face and taunting them? Someone tell Phits.

You don't think that Bergey and those guys had similar hate for the Cowboys? Why didn't they carry on that way?

Because it wasn't a thug's game back then.

Here's a question. Suppose the other db makes the tip and Sherman was there for the gift interception, is there any doubt that Sherman would have carried on the
same way? Why? It's all about him. His vendetta. His talent. His being disrespected.

Good point. Let's take it even further - let's say he slipped and fell on his ass, but Crabtree dropped the pass. While there would still be time for a couple shots by the 49ers,
he would've acted the exact same way.

Like I said, I hope Manning lights them up.

Same here. And to be honest, while I hate the Pats, Belichick, and Brady, I'd be rooting for them too next week, just because of this classless, jackass thug.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 20 2014, 04:35 PM) *
Spoken like a sociology professor at a community college. rolleyes.gif

I clearly said that I expect this kind of behavior, since it's a thug's game these days. So it isn't 'foreign,' and it's pretty familiar
by now. And why not? The guys that talk the most shit and act like the biggest asses become household names. At least
Sherman is a legit All-Pro - what's more annoying is when completely mediocre players (Keyshawn Johnson) become famous
for being assholes, then they end up in broadcasting and we have to listen to them for 20 years after they retire.

Or.....maybe they don't mic up NBA games BECAUSE the general populace DOES understand what they're saying, and any
self-respecting network recognizes that it's frowned upon in a civilized society?

As I said before, I'm with make it rain - I hope J and D Thomas steamroll over this douchebag in the Super Bowl, and give him
some smack talk afterwards.

I know you and I don't often agree and generally bust each other's balls but I nearly choked on my drink when I read this because I was thinking the exact thing when I read it......exactly like a soc prof at a comm. college....... laugh.gif laugh.gif

and I agree with everything you said....the world may end tonight...lololol
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 20 2014, 07:56 PM) *
Many of us feel that there is nothing to defend, and that offended parties are being a wee bit uptight.

Having played competitive sports and having talked my share of trash on the field and on the court there is a way to act when you win and Sherman's act was ridiculous......I get being excited and "amped up" and I could even get past the taunt of Crabtree given their personal history but when you add the taunting of Kapernick and the Erin Andrews interview it just showed the guy to be a punk and I wanted the Seahawks to win the SB........Now I am a huge Bronco fan for 2 weeks...

Just imagine Manning who has had to listen to the Brady is better than Manning " talk for the last week behaving like that? or Russell Wilson?........it was classless and ridiculous regardless of his explanation after the fact...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 20 2014, 08:58 PM) *
I know you and I don't often agree and generally bust each other's balls but I nearly choked on my drink when I read this because I was thinking the exact thing when I read it......exactly like a soc prof at a comm. college....... laugh.gif laugh.gif

and I agree with everything you said....the world may end tonight...lololol

jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif

Greater minds think alike! laugh.gif
Jax
Sherman showed his ass in a big way and made the Seahawks look bad in the process (regardless of what the history with Crabtree may be). Take it up with Crabtree, not on Televison you spoiled jackass crybaby. I know opinions are meant to be debated but this is as close to a fact as there is. If anybody argues that then you really need to put down the pipe.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 20 2014, 09:52 PM) *
Sherman showed his ass in a big way and made the Seahawks look bad in the process (regardless of what the history with Crabtree may be). Take it up with Crabtree, not on Televison you spoiled jackass crybaby. I know opinions are meant to be debated but this is as close to a fact as there is. If anybody argues that then you really need to put down the pipe.

I was surprised on sports talk that it seemed about 40% were OK with it.
Not I
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 20 2014, 10:52 PM) *

How is he spoiled?
I could probably make a strong case that Richard Sherman has worked harder to get where he is in life than most people in the nfl and certainly anyone on this board.
The guy grew up in Compton, finished second in his high school class, attended Stanford, was an unheralded 5th round pick who has become one of the best players in the league.
He plays with a chip on his shoulder and has specific animosity towards that specific player and team. He had just made the biggest play of his career. He showed passion, which is often a rarity in an era where so many guys care more about collecting paychecks than winning games.
The shit people get worked up over is mind boggling. You guys can have the "classy" players. I'll take Richard Sherman (and Desean Jackson...and many others.)
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 20 2014, 09:03 PM) *
Having played competitive sports and having talked my share of trash on the field and on the court there is a way to act when you win and Sherman's act was ridiculous......I get being excited and "amped up" and I could even get past the taunt of Crabtree given their personal history but when you add the taunting of Kapernick and the Erin Andrews interview it just showed the guy to be a punk and I wanted the Seahawks to win the SB........Now I am a huge Bronco fan for 2 weeks...

Just imagine Manning who has had to listen to the Brady is better than Manning " talk for the last week behaving like that? or Russell Wilson?........it was classless and ridiculous regardless of his explanation after the fact...

I'm sorry, but, that's BS. A player expressing his disdain for the opposition, after helping his team win the 2nd biggest game of the season, is a non-issue. It's football, not chess. They just spent the last hour trying to beat the other guy into a pulp and we expect them to turn the switch "off" not even 10 minutes after the exhibition?

Phits
I wonder how many of you would want that "classless, spoiled, cry baby thug" on the Eagles starting next season.

I have no issue with him or what he said. He's a great player who is very passionate about his chosen profession. I wish we had 11 players on D with that kind of talent and intensity.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 20 2014, 08:10 PM) *
You and me both.
Even Deion was disgusted and said you have to respect the game.

What does Neon know? According to H.O.P. he's a thug because of his history of dancing and celebrating.

Maybe they did, we wouldn't know for sure because they didn't have 30 cameras on them in the games or social media or "24/7 all access".
HOUSEoPAIN
What does Neon know? According to H.O.P. he's a thug because of his history of dancing and celebrating.

Sanders knows everything about being a piece of shit, classless thug - hell, he was one of the trailblazers in turning the NFL into a thug's game. And when NEON DEION tells
you you're crossing the line in terms of disrespecting the game, you should probably take heed. This would be like Chris Benoit telling you to be a better father, or Andy Reid
telling you to watch what you eat.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2014, 10:19 PM) *
How is he spoiled?
I could probably make a strong case that Richard Sherman has worked harder to get where he is in life than most people in the nfl and certainly anyone on this board.
The guy grew up in Compton, finished second in his high school class, attended Stanford, was an unheralded 5th round pick who has become one of the best players in the league.
He plays with a chip on his shoulder and has specific animosity towards that specific player and team. He had just made the biggest play of his career. He showed passion, which is often a rarity in an era where so many guys care more about collecting paychecks than winning games.
The shit people get worked up over is mind boggling. You guys can have the "classy" players. I'll take Richard Sherman (and Desean Jackson...and many others.)

most players in the NFL that are stars worked their ass of to get there....give me a break......and on winning teams there are legions of guys who bust their ass....such a silly generalization....this is not the age of "wait til training camp to get in shape" from 20 year ago. Virtually the entire league trains year round and those that mail it in are a rarity.

And he was a scholarship guy at Stanford not a walk on so it is not like he worked a part time joba nd balanced work school and athletics...he is like many college athletes that bust their ass, he is just more physically gifted ....he is a smart guy.....he knows better....there is no excuse.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 20 2014, 10:35 PM) *
I'm sorry, but, that's BS. A player expressing his disdain for the opposition, after helping his team win the 2nd biggest game of the season, is a non-issue. It's football, not chess. They just spent the last hour trying to beat the other guy into a pulp and we expect them to turn the switch "off" not even 10 minutes after the exhibition?

I get it....you think it was ok.....I don't....it says alot about both of us.....there have been plenty of great games over the years where teams have beaten the hell out of each other and then shaken hands "10 minutes" after. Jim Harbaugh was pretty classy after the game....he could have been a dick.

It is a matter of class.......Chris Carter said it best this morning...If he was Crabtree he would have crushed him for touching him...
Rick
I just scratch my head at people defending this asshat with, "they have a history," or, "they just won the biggest game of their career," etc. Apparently, you all missed the point of the whole thing. It is NOT that he does not like Crabtree. It is all about how to conduct yourself ON CAMERA after winning.

I've played a lot of sports--never professionally--and EVERY coach I've ever played for has preached being a good winner and being a good loser. I've also coached for many years. I also preach these things.

It is not about people being uptight. It is about a player making a total ass out of himself on national TV after he just made a great play helping his team to the SB.

If you think there is absolutely nothing wrong with how he conducted himself in the interview then I really don't know what to say.

If you have a child, and he/she did that, I'm HOPING you'd be pretty pissed at them. I know i'd be pissed at either of my boys if they conducted themselves like that after a win (or loss).

Trash talking is a part of sports. I have no problem with trash talking. I think the rules the NFL has against it are just plain stupid. But, after the game is over, conduct yourself like a professional. Funny how you don't hear other players giving interviews like this after a big win--even the ones who would be considered jerks. But it's ok for this guy.
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2014, 10:19 PM) *
How is he spoiled?

This is going from absurd to bizarre. Now you can judge someone's work ethic. As if that has anything to do with Sherman being a jerk. Spoiled was menat to mean that he thinks the rules of society don't apply. People don't get to just be assholes like that... unless you're a NFL star and then people on message boards eat it up like you are some kind of hero. Spare me. Dude, really?
Jax
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 21 2014, 12:43 AM) *
I get it....you think it was ok.....I don't....it says alot about both of us.....there have been plenty of great games over the years where teams have beaten the hell out of each other and then shaken hands "10 minutes" after. Jim Harbaugh was pretty classy after the game....he could have been a dick.

It is a matter of class.......Chris Carter said it best this morning...If he was Crabtree he would have crushed him for touching him...

This ^
Jax
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 21 2014, 06:34 AM) *
I just scratch my head at people defending this asshat with, "they have a history," or, "they just won the biggest game of their career," etc. Apparently, you all missed the point of the whole thing. It is NOT that he does not like Crabtree. It is all about how to conduct yourself ON CAMERA after winning.

I've played a lot of sports--never professionally--and EVERY coach I've ever played for has preached being a good winner and being a good loser. I've also coached for many years. I also preach these things.

It is not about people being uptight. It is about a player making a total ass out of himself on national TV after he just made a great play helping his team to the SB.

If you think there is absolutely nothing wrong with how he conducted himself in the interview then I really don't know what to say.

If you have a child, and he/she did that, I'm HOPING you'd be pretty pissed at them. I know i'd be pissed at either of my boys if they conducted themselves like that after a win (or loss).

Trash talking is a part of sports. I have no problem with trash talking. I think the rules the NFL has against it are just plain stupid. But, after the game is over, conduct yourself like a professional. Funny how you don't hear other players giving interviews like this after a big win--even the ones who would be considered jerks. But it's ok for this guy.

This ^
Jax
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 20 2014, 10:48 PM) *
I wonder how many of you would want that "classless, spoiled, cry baby thug" on the Eagles starting next season.

I have no issue with him or what he said. He's a great player who is very passionate about his chosen profession. I wish we had 11 players on D with that kind of talent and intensity.

No thanks Phits. I am not that desperate for my team to win a few more football games. In fact, as much as I appreciate the skills of McCoy and Jackson, they do not live up to the image that I want my Eagles to have. Jackson was a little less of a jerk this year so I will give him credit and hope he continues to grow up. McCoy still has a ways to go.
Jax
And one more point. The poor girl interviewing Sherman was shocked and put in a very awkward situation. It was almost like she was scared he was going to lose his mind even more than he already had.

Nobody else thought that was uncool huh?

EDIT: I found one that thought it was uncool. Tom Brady. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown...03001--nfl.html
CT_Eagle
It really is simple. Some people expect others to rise above the norm and act with grace. Others accept the lowest common denominator as long as the player is playing with passion.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jan 21 2014, 09:04 AM) *
Others accept the lowest common denominator as long as the player is playing with passion.

And here you have the problem with 2014 society, the lowest common denominator rules all. I also might add that it's not a
surprise that those defending him and those criticizing him also fall along different political lines.....
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 21 2014, 09:24 AM) *
And here you have the problem with 2014 society, the lowest common denominator rules all. I also might add that it's not a
surprise that those defending him and those criticizing him also fall along different political lines.....

This coming from a person who mocks the honored tradition of teaching.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 21 2014, 04:06 PM) *
This coming from a person who mocks the honored tradition of teaching.

What is so honorable about being a teacher? Don't get me wrong, I like teachers. I had teachers that I respected very much. I am also very impressed with a number of my children's teachers. I just don't get this whole "honorable profession" with regards to teaching. It is a job. I actually considered it as a career path for myself when I was younger. I just don't see how it is anymore honorable than any other paying job.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 21 2014, 01:43 AM) *

Jim Harbaugh acts like a little brat for the entire course of the game. Just because he isn't mic'd up doesn't mean he's not seen. His antics are no better or worse than the shit Sherman pulled.
And Chris Carter...the epitome of a classy football player. Give me a break.
Phits
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jan 21 2014, 09:04 AM) *
It really is simple. Some people expect others to rise above the norm and act with grace. Others accept the lowest common denominator as long as the player is playing with passion.

The lowest common denominator? A passionate post game interview is now the lowest common denominator?

I don't know Richard Sherman. I am not a fan of him or his team. However, he is a hell of a football player so the only thing I expect from him is to perform that role. I don't care for pre/post game interviews, but if they are to be given I appreciate honesty.

...we ó the media, and fans in general ó donít know what we want. We rip athletes for giving us boring quotes. But if they say what they actually feel, we rip them for spouting off or showing a lack of class.

...Itís like we want them to be thinking, Well, that was a fine contest, and jolly good that we won. Which NO athlete is EVER thinking.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 21 2014, 01:37 AM) *
And he was a scholarship guy at Stanford not a walk on so it is not like he worked a part time joba nd balanced work school and athletics...he is like many college athletes that bust their ass, he is just more physically gifted ....he is a smart guy.....he knows better....there is no excuse.

I suspect the number of people from Compton who earn scholarships to Stanford is pretty low. Their standards are different.

You know what he knows? That he gained 300,000 twitter followers overnight. That he is now one of the most well known players in the NFL. He's a showman and he likely enhanced his marketability more than any of you have considered.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 21 2014, 04:26 PM) *
The lowest common denominator? A passionate post game interview is now the lowest common denominator?

I don't know Richard Sherman. I am not a fan of him or his team. However, he is a hell of a football player so the only thing I expect from him is to perform that role. I don't care for pre/post game interviews, but if they are to be given I appreciate honesty.

Yes, when it comes to NFL players and how they conduct themselves in post-game interviews, Sherman is now the lowest common denominator. I do like your use of the word passionate to describe the interview. While Sherman was passionate, in a negative sense, not a positive one, he was also disrespectful and classless. Why did you choose to leave those adjectives out? Perhaps in your judgment he acted with class?

I also just want to ensure that I got this right. You would rather have honesty in a post game interview over someone being respectful and gracious in victory? If that is the case, will you apply the same standards to your own children, assuming you have some. Be sure to never discipline them when they taunt and demean their opponents after a victory. Just buy them a Sherman jersey, pat them on their back and give them an "Atta boy!".
make_it_rain
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 21 2014, 10:24 AM) *
Jim Harbaugh acts like a little brat for the entire course of the game. Just because he isn't mic'd up doesn't mean he's not seen. His antics are no better or worse than the shit Sherman pulled.
And Chris Carter...the epitome of a classy football player. Give me a break.

And Harbaugh is another world class douchebag that I cannot stand.

The biggest gripe I have is that the game's over, and rather than go celebrate with his team, the first thing he does is run up, slap Crabtree on the ass, then get in his face and gloat about the game. Then, rather than talk about what a great win, he just launches into a personal tirade against Crabtree in the interview with EA. I can't fathom how anyone can use a word besides "classless" to describe that action.

And, for everyone saying "But it was in the heat of the moment, they had just won the game", Sherman decided to focus his post game presser (which was what, like an hour after the game ended) on attacking Crabtree, repeating and emphasising the word "mediocre" rather then discussing the win and his team.

Thats my problem with him, and why I hope he gets lit up in the SB. Its never about the team or the game, its always about him, how great he is, and how inferior everyone else is. Tons of great players (Bird, Jordan, etc) talked a TON of shit on the court and in game, but didn't nearly take it to the level Sherman does after games end.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 21 2014, 11:42 AM) *
And Harbaugh is another world class douchebag that I cannot stand.

The biggest gripe I have is that the game's over, and rather than go celebrate with his team, the first thing he does is run up, slap Crabtree on the ass, then get in his face and gloat about the game. Then, rather than talk about what a great win, he just launches into a personal tirade against Crabtree in the interview with EA. I can't fathom how anyone can use a word besides "classless" to describe that action.

And, for everyone saying "But it was in the heat of the moment, they had just won the game", Sherman decided to focus his post game presser (which was what, like an hour after the game ended) on attacking Crabtree, repeating and emphasising the word "mediocre" rather then discussing the win and his team.

Thats my problem with him, and why I hope he gets lit up in the SB. Its never about the team or the game, its always about him, how great he is, and how inferior everyone else is. Tons of great players (Bird, Jordan, etc) talked a TON of shit on the court and in game, but didn't nearly take it to the level Sherman does after games end.

I think article sums it up best:http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/66891604/
And frankly, I don't expect nor care if athletes win with "class." These are guys that smack their heads into each other for 60 minutes every week. They are well paid gladiators. It's the nfl. Not Wimbledon.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.