Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: so we've seen a few intentional groundings
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
By the next generation mobile qbs.

And a high handoff for a fumble and a bad decision interception.

I'm sure the airwaves of sea and sf will be ravaged with fans calling for their heads.

Thank god Foles doesn't play out there. rolleyes.gif
mcnabbulous
I don't think Kaepernick is a good QB, but I'm not sure what point you're making here. Those defenses are both nasty. Are you surprised that the QB's had their struggles?

If I were a Niners fan, I'd question if Kaepernick was the best option long-term. Once his wheels start to come off, he's going to be a very average QB.

All things considered, I think Wilson was pretty good yesterday.

Man, I'm envious of those defenses
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2014, 11:32 AM) *
If I were a Niners fan, I'd question if Kaepernick was the best option long-term. Once his wheels start to come off, he's going to be a very average QB.

I'm not sure the franchise is looking towards the long term for Kap. The 49ers are expecting to win now, not 5 years from now. He gives them that opportunity, barring any real injury. He's a mid-level 2nd round pick and has all of the necessary tools...if he chooses to develop them and work hard.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 20 2014, 12:31 PM) *
I'm not sure the franchise is looking towards the long term for Kap. The 49ers are expecting to win now, not 5 years from now. He gives them that opportunity, barring any real injury. He's a mid-level 2nd round pick and has all of the necessary tools...if he chooses to develop them and work hard.

That's fair. They're looking an awful lot like the early 2000's Philadelphia Eagles, if you ask me.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2014, 12:47 PM) *
That's fair. They're looking an awful lot like the early 2000's Philadelphia Eagles, if you ask me.

I see the resemblance. Two major differences, McNabb was a better QB and the 49ers offense have offensive weapons that are underachieving.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 20 2014, 01:36 PM) *
I see the resemblance. Two major differences, McNabb was a better QB and the 49ers offense have offensive weapons that are underachieving.

I think the underachieving weapons are because Kaepernick simply isn't capable of getting the most out of them. McNabb was a better QB and Kaep is more athletic. Lots of similarities though.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 20 2014, 07:36 PM) *
Two major differences, McNabb was a better QB

False
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 20 2014, 03:57 PM) *
False

It's pretty damn close. I think you could probably make an argument for either guy. They're extremely similar. I think Donovan was a bit more advanced as a passer and Kaep is more dangerous as an improviser.

Our 2002 team was eerily similar to the Niners this year. That was definitely the best Eagles team that I can remember. If only Donnie hadn't broken his fucking leg.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 19 2014, 09:38 PM) *
By the next generation mobile qbs.

And a high handoff for a fumble and a bad decision interception.

I'm sure the airwaves of sea and sf will be ravaged with fans calling for their heads.

Thank god Foles doesn't play out there. :rolleyes:

yeah, he would have been sacked 20 times against Seattle and SF's defenses.

that being said, the part I found hilarious were all the sneak darts at Wilson and Kaepernick for not being "pocket passers". like they were mad that -they- were the two representing the NFC in the end. GOOD!!!

the day "pocket passing is the best" dies as the NFL announcing mantra, is the day the heavens part and the sun shines through.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 20 2014, 08:12 PM) *
I think Donovan was a bit more advanced as a passer

Not in year 2 he wasn't.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 20 2014, 06:15 PM) *
Not in year 2 he wasn't.

According to you or the stats? The stats say he was.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 20 2014, 11:18 PM) *
According to you or the stats? The stats say he was.

According to reality.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 20 2014, 06:15 PM) *
Not in year 2 he wasn't.

Kaepernick is in his third season. He's 26. In McNabb's age 26 season (his 4th) their stats are incredibly similar. Personally, I think Kaepernick has significantly more offensive talent than McNabb is working with.

Donovan hadn't gotten injured in the 10th game of the year, his stats would have blown Kaepernick out of the water.

I don't think Donovan was a great pocket passer, but I think he was better than Kaepernick has proven to be.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 21 2014, 09:25 PM) *
I think he was better than Kaepernick has proven to be.

I dont
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 21 2014, 07:22 PM) *
I dont

Compelling argument. Hard to argue with. wink.gif

They had the same completion %, Kaepernick had 4 more touchdowns in 6 extra games. Donovan threw for 28 more yards per game. And like I said, he had less surrounding talent (in my opinion.)

Whether Kaepernick improves as a passer in his career is yet to be seen, obviously. I don't think Donovan improvement as a passer was significant moving forward. At age 26, I think the stats indicate that Donovan was a better QB, albeit not dramatically.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.