Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Woe is Us Stat
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Saw this on bleeding green.

Since 1997, home teams in the playoffs were 44-1 when

They have no turnovers and force two or more turnovers until...........

The Eagles played the Saints.

That"s some real powerful jinx action going on there. To break a 44-1 run, only in Philly.
iggleslover49
We are a better team playing away from philly. I was cautiously optimistic we could beat the Saints at home, yet at the same time, knew that we would've had to come into the playoffs as a wildcard team. I just don't understand what gives with our home record...
make_it_rain

mcnabbulous
Well, Nick basically played like if he didn't turn the ball over we would automatically win the game...so this isn't too surprising. Still hurts though.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 17 2014, 12:16 PM) *
Well, Nick basically played like if he didn't turn the ball over we would automatically win the game...so this isn't too surprising. Still hurts though.

You must have watched a different game than I did. I saw Nick play very, very well. Certainly good enough to win.

The defense, on the other hand, played like all they had to do was cause a couple of turnovers and they would automatically win the game.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 16 2014, 08:33 PM) *
Saw this on bleeding green.

Since 1997, home teams in the playoffs were 44-1 when

They have no turnovers and force two or more turnovers until...........

The Eagles played the Saints.

That"s some real powerful jinx action going on there. To break a 44-1 run, only in Philly.

make_it_rain
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 17 2014, 01:34 PM) *

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 17 2014, 03:12 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
JeeQ
Eagles are the best when it comes to helping other team's make history

Only Playoff Win For Dallas In The Last Decade...
Cardinal's First NFC Championship Win...
Buccaneer's First NFC Championship Win...
Ram's First NFC Championship Win...
Panther's First NFC Championship Win...
Saint's First Road Playoff Win...
Matt Bryant's 62 Yard FG...

A man once said "Someone Has To Be A Fan Of The Bad Teams"; unfortunately that's still us. That empty trophy case life laugh.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jan 18 2014, 08:24 PM) *
A man once said "Someone Has To Be A Fan Of The Bad Teams"; unfortunately that's still us. That empty trophy case life laugh.gif

I can speak for all of us when I point out I couldn't follow any other team.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jan 18 2014, 03:24 PM) *
Eagles are the best when it comes to helping other team's make history

Only Playoff Win For Dallas In The Last Decade...
Cardinal's First NFC Championship Win...
Buccaneer's First NFC Championship Win...
Ram's First NFC Championship Win...
Panther's First NFC Championship Win...
Saint's First Road Playoff Win...
Matt Bryant's 62 Yard FG...

The Rams actually won the NFCCG and the Super Bowl before that in '99 - but hey, at least we got 'em in 1949 when we beat them for the NFL championship. Take that
fuckers!
koolaidluke
who was the 1?

I don't put too much into these stats. Remember when the Bucs were like 0-5million when the temp was below 38, AND the Eagles had already repeatedly dominated them the last 4 times they played? Then the Bucs came in and whooped the Eagles ass with no problem.

nephillymike
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jan 19 2014, 01:14 PM) *
who was the 1?

I don't put too much into these stats. Remember when the Bucs were like 0-5million when the temp was below 38, AND the Eagles had already repeatedly dominated them the last 4 times they played? Then the Bucs came in and whooped the Eagles ass with no problem.

Add that to the list,

The Bucs first win in sub 40 degree temps or whatever the f'in stat was!!

I swear, if we had a f'in bob sled team, the Jamaicans would come to the Linc and get their first win ever!!
JeeQ
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 19 2014, 07:51 AM) *
I can speak for all of us when I point out I couldn't follow any other team.

Couldn't agree with you more. Eagles for life! Bleed Green nation!

QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 19 2014, 09:14 AM) *
The Rams actually won the NFCCG and the Super Bowl before that in '99 - but hey, at least we got 'em in 1949 when we beat them for the NFL championship. Take that
fuckers!

I'll take that moral victory! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.