Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bill Lazor now OC in Detroit
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SLOiggles
Quarterbacks coach Bill Lazor left to Detroit. Three different QB coach in three seasons for the Eagles, and consequently, Nick Foles. I don't know much about the man other than he's limited in coaching experience...but where do you guys think Chip goes to replace him? Any chance he grabs someone from the college game?
iggleslover49
We can't even go a year without our staff being picked apart... If he leaves I hope he and the Lions organization fails... mad.gif
TGryn
This article gives some idea what Lazor brought to the table. In coaching terms he's still pretty young, so its unlikely we could have kept him long term. He's a loss, but we move on.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2013/12/...agles-vs-bears/
The 41-year-old has seven years of NFL coaching experience. He was the Atlanta Falcons’ quality control coach in 2003. He spent 2004 to 2007 with the Washington Redskins, splitting time as an offensive assistant and then the quarterbacks coach. In 2008 and 2009, Lazor coached the Seattle Seahawks’ quarterbacks. And he spent three seasons as Virginia’s quarterbacks coach/offensive coordinator before joining Chip Kelly’s staff.
Zero
Kelly seems to be capable of hiring good coaches. Lazor was available at the time, there's likely someone else good who's available now. I think a lot comes from Chip anyway.
mcnabbulous
FWIW, he's actually going to Miami. Not Detroit.

It was kind of inevitable. He was a commodity learning from Chip.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.