Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nick Foles is going to the Pro Bowl
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Hmmm.....I didn't even know there was a new format. I guess it shows my interest in the Pro Bowl.

With the change to a conference-less format for this year’s Pro Bowl, the results of the AFC playoffs have led to the addition of a quarterback from the NFC to the Pro Bowl roster.

Eagles quarterback Nick Foles will be added to the team with the Broncos and Patriots set to square off in the AFC Championship Game. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning were each selected to the Pro Bowl, which means one will have to drop out in order to prepare for the Super Bowl alongside his teammates. With Russell Wilson trying to get the Seahawks to the Meadowlands as well, there may be another spot opening up at quarterback.

LINK

The NFL's all-star game will be played under a new format this season as the league tries to create interest in the event. The teams will be selected without regard to conference. That means players from AFC and NFC squads can be teammates, and that, say, a Broncos players could compete against a fellow Bronco. Pro Football Hall of Famers Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders will pick the squads.

LINK
Birdwatcher
From Reuben Frank:

10. The anti-Nick Foles faction we’ve seen pop up the last couple weeks cracks me up. Since the season ended, I’ve heard Foles is only a game manager -- which is odd, considering he led the NFL in yards per attempt. I’ve heard he’s too careful with the ball and won’t throw into traffic, which is odd considering I was taught at an early age that throwing interceptions is a bad thing. I’ve heard he didn’t perform against top defenses, although against top-15 defenses this year he was 103 for 158 (65 percent) for 1,155 yards with 11 touchdowns and no interceptions. Why are so many Eagles fans unwilling to embrace Foles after one of the greatest seasons in NFL history? Think about 29 touchdowns and two interceptions for a moment. And you’re going to find somebody better?

And I’ll tell you what ... watching the other quarterbacks in the playoffs, I didn’t see anybody who’s head and shoulders above Foles. Andrew Luck threw four interceptions against the Patriots. Foles has four interceptions in his last 567 attempts. If Luck was a third-round pick and Foles was the first pick in the draft, people would already be sending Foles to Canton. But since he was a three, I guess nobody wants to admit what’s obvious. He’s really freaking good.

11. I also don’t think Foles will ever have a season like he just did. Kind of like Doc Gooden, who was 24-4 with a 1.53 ERA and 268 strikeouts in his second year. You figured he’d never have another year like that, and he didn’t. But he certainly had a long, productive career.

12. Let’s put Foles’ season in perspective. His 29 touchdowns are more than twice as many as any quarterback in NFL history who threw two or fewer interceptions in a season.

13. And look at it this way: Foles’ passer rating this year was 119.2. No quarterback in the Pro Football Hall of Fame has ever had a passer rating that high.
HOUSEoPAIN
It's partially haters, partially Vick-lovers, and partially people who hear the name 'Bobby Hoying' or 'Kevin Kolb' and shudder.
Many Philly fans just assume the house will come crashing down at some point - and it may, but he's certainly earned our
respect and the right to be embraced as our starter for next year.
Zero
Yeah, if you've been an Eagle fan long enough you're programmed to expect the worst and PARTAY when things go right.
Rick
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 14 2014, 09:19 AM) *
It's partially haters, partially Vick-lovers, and partially people who hear the name 'Bobby Hoying' or 'Kevin Kolb' and shudder.
Many Philly fans just assume the house will come crashing down at some point - and it may, but he's certainly earned our
respect and the right to be embraced as our starter for next year.

Yeah but neither of those guys ever played at the level Foles has played at for short spurts much less extended periods like Foles has.

I don't expect him to keep putting up crazy numbers--he'll surely come down to Earth at some point--but I see no reason he won't be very good for a while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.