Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under contract players who will be gone for 2014
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Cowboyhater
first player I see being let go and not make it to camp is avant. He has a bonus this spring and a cap hit of $3.9 mil birds will save 3.2 mil by cutting him. I don't see Chung on the final roster either. Graham looks like a player who has mid round trade value-not a 3-4 olb
Herriman will be around for one more year. The difference between cutting him and keeping is $600-700 thousand. Not sure if the keep Williams or just look for depth through draft.
lastly I see another kicker in camp who has a real shot at taking his spot.
Eyrie
Much as I like Avant, I don't see him making the final roster. Cutting him in the spring gives him a chance to get another team, and if he doesn't we can always bring him back if needed.

I'd look for a G in the middle rounds to develop for a year with a view to replacing Herremans.

And we absolutely need a better K. Henery's inability to put the ball dead on kick offs killed us against the Vikings.
TGryn
Good list. I like Avant, but those numbers are working against bringing him back. OTOH I don't think many fans will mind if Chung is cut loose; the cap savings would just be a bonus.

According to this Graham would cost cap space if he's cut, so he'll at least be in camp barring a decent trade offer. I think Davis doesn't really know where Graham's place is in the 3-4 yet; he had some good plays as a spot player, but he's not heavy enough to play 3-4 DE as a regular and may not be quick enough for OLB.

Casey is scheduled to earn ~$4 million next year, as is Celek; cutting Casey would save $3 mil against the cap, while Celek has no dead money if cut. If they're not planning on running a lot of multi-TE sets in this offense, we may not need both of them along with Ertz.
Cowboyhater
I would consider Casey gone as well. Too much $$$ for a backup. Eartz took his place.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 12 2014, 01:23 PM) *
Much as I like Avant, I don't see him making the final roster. Cutting him in the spring gives him a chance to get another team, and if he doesn't we can always bring him back if needed.

I'd look for a G in the middle rounds to develop for a year with a view to replacing Herremans.

And we absolutely need a better K. Henery's inability to put the ball dead on kick offs killed us against the Vikings.

I don't think it was Henry's fault in Minny. Our coach pussied out. If we can't hold a kr to a bad day when he is taking it out five yards deep, that's on Chip. Not a philly tough move IMO.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 12 2014, 03:39 PM) *
I don't think it was Henry's fault in Minny. Our coach pussied out. If we can't hold a kr to a bad day when he is taking it out five yards deep, that's on Chip. Not a philly tough move IMO.

He hasn't been exactly the epitome of consistency or reliability this year.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 12 2014, 08:39 PM) *

I think that he can't kick the ball dead with any reliability, hence why Kelly pussied out.
Rick
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 13 2014, 07:58 AM) *
He hasn't been exactly the epitome of consistency or reliability this year.

Or last year.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (Cowboyhater @ Jan 12 2014, 03:03 PM) *
I would consider Casey gone as well. Too much $$$ for a backup. Eartz took his place.

Casey is more of a full back type. Ertz is not and never will be used in the same manner Casey is used.
iggleslover49
I can't see Avant going anywhere. Chip praised him too much during the season, both on and off the field and pointed out his production as to why we weren't running more 12 personnel. Plus Cooper, must be resigned. The only way I see Avant gone is if both Cooper and Maclin get resigned. And I just don't see that coming.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.