Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You need to win a SB next year in philly
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Consider the climate, consider the offense, every NFL qb is available.

Give me your top six.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 11 2014, 05:49 PM) *
Consider the climate, consider the offense, every NFL qb is available.

Give me your top six.

1# P. Manning
2# A. Rodgers
3# D. Brees
4# T. Brady
5# R. Wilson
6# C. Newton
nephillymike
Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
Manning
Brees
Foles

Brees play in the elements makes him questionable
mcnabbulous
Rodgers
Manning
Luck
Newton
Wilson
Brady
Dreagon
Brady
Rogers
Brees
Manning (I know, but he is flaky in the playoffs)
Manning II (When he actually makes the playoffs, he gets dangerous)
Roethlisburger (I hate this guy)
rumply
Foles!
Zero
QUOTE (rumply @ Jan 11 2014, 11:22 PM) *
Foles!

Every other choice is not only meaningless and irrelevant, but WRONG! wink.gif
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 11 2014, 05:54 PM) *
Brady
Rogers
Brees
Manning (I know, but he is flaky in the playoffs)
Manning II (When he actually makes the playoffs, he gets dangerous)
Roethlisburger (I hate this guy)

You sir have the perfect list, and I think it's because we're both of the same mindset. You did the first thing I did and picked QBs who've all been to the Super Bowl and won it. Brady has to be the clear #1 on any list, he has 18 playoff wins (NFL record), he's been to 8 Conference Championships, 5 Super Bowls, and is knocking on the door of #6.

Rodgers and Brees are self explanatory. They're two of the best QBs in the league and have a Super Bowl ring on their finger.

Peyton is a deserving #4 because he has 8 one-and-done appearances in the playoffs. As great as he is there's always that chance he's going to choke.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who respects Sheli's clutch factor. He's a goofy looking bastard, and he doesn't put up numbers nearly as pretty as his brother, but you can't deny his two Super Bowl MVP performances.

I also hate Roethlisberger but... two Super Bowl rings and a 10-4 playoff record means this is a guy who knows how to get it done in the playoffs.
Phits
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 11 2014, 06:41 PM) *
1# P. Manning
2# A. Rodgers
3# D. Brees
4# T. Brady
5# R. Wilson
6# C. Newton

After his first half performance Killer Cam might have to move up this list.
Phits
Problem with Eli is that without a top 3 D he won't make it to the post season. Throwing 40+ INT in 2 seasons should preclude him from any list discussing top QB's.

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jan 12 2014, 01:46 PM) *
You sir have the perfect list, and I think it's because we're both of the same mindset. You did the first thing I did and picked QBs who've all been to the Super Bowl and won it. Brady has to be the clear #1 on any list, he has 18 playoff wins (NFL record), he's been to 8 Conference Championships, 5 Super Bowls, and is knocking on the door of #6.

Rodgers and Brees are self explanatory. They're two of the best QBs in the league and have a Super Bowl ring on their finger.

Peyton is a deserving #4 because he has 8 one-and-done appearances in the playoffs. As great as he is there's always that chance he's going to choke.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who respects Sheli's clutch factor. He's a goofy looking bastard, and he doesn't put up numbers nearly as pretty as his brother, but you can't deny his two Super Bowl MVP performances.

I also hate Roethlisberger but... two Super Bowl rings and a 10-4 playoff record means this is a guy who knows how to get it done in the playoffs.

D Rock
Brady
Rogers
Wilson
Foles
Newton
Luck
Jax
I am not going to attempt to put them in order but I can tell you Wilson isn't on the list. I do like him, but not top 6. Possibly top 12.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 13 2014, 09:04 AM) *
I am not going to attempt to put them in order but I can tell you Wilson isn't on the list. I do like him, but not top 6. Possibly top 12.

I think he has the highest QB Rating of any QB after his first two years in the NFL.

Edit: it actually looks like Nick is just a bit ahead of him. Not sure if the stat I saw had a minimum # of attempts associated with it.

FWIW, I would have put Nick 7th on my list with Kaepernick just behind him.
HobbEs
Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
Manning
Brees
Foles

Hey Mike - did you notice that we could've drafted your top three choices?
D Rock
Im completely sold on Wilson.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Jan 13 2014, 10:11 AM) *
Hey Mike - did you notice that we could've drafted your top three choices?

Rodgers went before our first pick in '05. Every team in football could've drafted Wilson, or Brady (at least 5 times).
Jax
nabbulous and D Rock, sticking to the Russell Wilson comments? To note, I post this prior to the 4th quarter of the game. We shall see. Maybe youre right and he will lead them to a great winning drive. Although if Foles played a game like he has played thus far then Foles would be ridiculed.

LOL - Joke... within 1 minute of my post, Seattle gets a garbage score. Wilson the hero.

I do like him and I think he is good but I don't think he is a top tier QB. Maybe bottom of the top tier or top of the second tier.

That said, he does have heart and leadership and that is as big a part of it as anything. I like him but not in my top 6.
D Rock
Conference Champion in year TWO.

Not too shabby.
Jax
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 20 2014, 06:17 PM) *
Conference Champion in year TWO.

Not too shabby.

No argument there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.