Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I the only one...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pbfan
That thinks we're ok at the WR position and instead desperately need a saftey!? We got very fortunate with Boykins and Willams (to a lesser extent) at CB. If we can get them some help with a talented, speedy Saftey that we can also use in our return game, I think it'll make a big difference.

I couldn't believe when it was mentioned that we have a big gap at WR. Even if Maclin was still out next year, I wouldn't be sweating...
Rick
Not really. I think we all know we need a safety over just about anything on this team.
D Rock
Pass rusher first. Then safety. They corner. Then a right guard. THEN a receiver.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Jan 7 2014, 04:39 AM) *
That thinks we're ok at the WR position and instead desperately need a saftey!? We got very fortunate with Boykins and Willams (to a lesser extent) at CB. If we can get them some help with a talented, speedy Saftey that we can also use in our return game, I think it'll make a big difference.

I couldn't believe when it was mentioned that we have a big gap at WR. Even if Maclin was still out next year, I wouldn't be sweating...

if Benn and Maclin somehow join the squad I really don't even care about WR. Even the bum on the squad gets it done on this team.

but I don't EVER want to see Patrick Chung play safety for the Eagles again. EVER.
D Rock
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Jan 9 2014, 08:21 PM) *
but I don't EVER want to see Patrick Chung play safety for the Eagles again. EVER.

I knew that if we gave you enough time, you'd eventually say something that made sense.

Kudos !

tongue.gif
koolaidluke
I don't want to see Patrick Chung play again, period. The guy was a sack of shit in New England and all he did here was continue on the path of suck.

The NFL is a worse league because of scum like Patrick Chung. Fuck that stupid piece of excrement.
CT_Eagle
I would love to see him play again...with a big star on the side of his helmet.
Jax
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 7 2014, 06:51 AM) *
Not really. I think we all know we need a safety over just about anything on this team.

Fair enough
Jax
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 7 2014, 10:19 AM) *
Pass rusher first. Then safety. They corner. Then a right guard. THEN a receiver.

Since we have had bad results at picking pass rushers recently, I say we package up picks and go get Clowney! He could single handedly change our defense. He may be a better 3-4 DE than 4-3 DE.
Jax
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Jan 9 2014, 02:21 PM) *
Even the bum on the squad gets it done on this team.

Why who on earth are you referring to?
D Rock
QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 9 2014, 09:38 PM) *
Since we have had bad results at picking pass rushers recently, I say we package up picks and go get Clowney! He could single handedly change our defense. He may be a better 3-4 DE than 4-3 DE.

I agree 100% with the first 2 sentences. As for his fit in a 3-4, I see him as a Lawrence Taylor style OLB.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 9 2014, 06:06 PM) *
I agree 100% with the first 2 sentences. As for his fit in a 3-4, I see him as a Lawrence Taylor style OLB.

There is talk of him slipping to out of the top-3, which in my opinion is absolute lunacy. If the Rams pass on him at #2, they deserve to rot in the gutter. Regardless of already having talent at both their end positions.

I think he's a 4-3 DE, but will be successful in any type of scheme.

I don't think there is any way the Eagles could acquire him, but I'd certainly be trying to find a way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.