Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We Blew It
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
The Saints are who we thought they were!!

We had them and we let them off the hook. It wasn't a beat down by any stretch of imagination, but we had our opportunities and couldn't capitalize. This was a team loss. The O struggled early. The D struggles midway. ST blew it late. We couldn't execute offensively, so the play calling looked questionable. We double teamed their key play makers and left ourselves vulnerable to the run. We couldn't solve their short yardage game plan. They keyed in our play makers and we couldn't make them pay. We could have won this game. The coverage on that Sproles return in the 4th was atrocious as a result that horse collar tackle crippled us. In retrospect it would almost have been better to give them the TD and put the game in the hands of our offense. They had just found their rhythm and we had a clear mismatch with DJax.

I am disappointed in the loss, but it isn't a complete loss. We had a great season and have a fantastic foundation to build on. I am most pleased with the D. They showed some holes, but we have some real players on defense. Most importantly we finally have quality linebackers. IMO other than Safety we seem to be pretty solid.
D Rock
No doubt the d over achieved as a unit.

But am I the only one who is tired of waiting for Cox and Kendricks to do anything when it matters?

Cox did nothing. Was totally invisible all night.

Kendricks put on a "how to miss tackles and fail in zone coverage" clinic. AGAIN!

For every "play" that asshat made all year, he turned in a complete game of bullshit.

As far as I'm concerned, there isn't one bonafide keeper on that defense save possibly Logan and DeMeco who's a stop gap at best due to age.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 5 2014, 02:53 AM) *
No doubt the d over achieved as a unit.

But am I the only one who is tired of waiting for Cox and Kendricks to do anything when it matters?

Cox did nothing. Was totally invisible all night.

Kendricks put on a "how to miss tackles and fail in zone coverage" clinic. AGAIN!

For every "play" that asshat made all year, he turned in a complete game of bullshit.

As far as I'm concerned, there isn't one bonafide keeper on that defense save possibly Logan and DeMeco who's a stop gap at best due to age.

Barwin, Boykins, Allen, Cole...they aren't cornerstones but they are the kind of players you want to have on D. Now that I have finishing rinsing out the bitterness of this loss....with vodka, I can honestly say that I am looking forward to what this regime will do in the off-season now that we have played a full season. We should be legitimate contenders next season, with a solid off-season and the cap space available.
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 5 2014, 02:47 AM) *
The Saints are who we thought they were!!

We had them and we let them off the hook. It wasn't a beat down by any stretch of imagination, but we had our opportunities and couldn't capitalize. This was a team loss. The O struggled early. The D struggles midway. ST blew it late. We couldn't execute offensively, so the play calling looked questionable. We double teamed their key play makers and left ourselves vulnerable to the run. We couldn't solve their short yardage game plan. They keyed in our play makers and we couldn't make them pay. We could have won this game. The coverage on that Sproles return in the 4th was atrocious as a result that horse collar tackle crippled us. In retrospect it would almost have been better to give them the TD and put the game in the hands of our offense. They had just found their rhythm and we had a clear mismatch with DJax.

I am disappointed in the loss, but it isn't a complete loss. We had a great season and have a fantastic foundation to build on. I am most pleased with the D. They showed some holes, but we have some real players on defense. Most importantly we finally have quality linebackers. IMO other than Safety we seem to be pretty solid.

That pretty well sums it up for me, especially the last paragraph.

I thought Kelly would adjust to what the Saints defense was doing but it took an injury to put the offense in gear. This seems to indicate that we need another legitimate threat at WR. Avant was the go to guy and he doesn't have play maker ability. That one drop by Cooper turned out huge. On the defense the safety play was what it was all year and hurt them on a couple of key plays.

A solid off season added to the maturity of some very young players as well as a rookie HC and these guys should progress significantly. I'm bummed because the game was there to be won, but it's not at all like ending a season this way with a veteran team and a HC who's been in place for ten + years.
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 5 2014, 02:53 AM) *
Frustrating ... yes. But let's not forget both these guys are only 23. Kendricks has shown a lot of growth this year. They're both very talented players and this was the first year of another new system for both of them. You may end up being right, but I'll give them next year to show.
D Rock
Cox phoned it in yesterday. Just like he did the first 6 weeks of the season. I don't care how much talent a guy has. If he won't give the effort every snap, he's a liability.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.