Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riley Cooper
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Wheeljack
dropped a go-ahead TD tonight, assisted a pick in 2010.

YES, LET'S FORGIVE HIM FOR SAYING NAUGHTY WORDS! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

The fuck outta here.
mcnabbulous
I think he's a schmuck, but he also caught a TD and had a handful of other big catches. He wouldn't have scored on that drop either, but since you're picking and choosing, I doubt that matters much.
SpudDogg
I like Cooper, but not overly. I'd be completely indifferent if he's back or not. He made some BIG plays this year, but I don't think he's unlosable.

Screw the racist remarks, he's a dumbass and everyone knows it. Get over it.

You ever make a mistake? I know I have.
SAM I Am
Lame post.
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Jan 4 2014, 11:31 PM) *

YES, LET'S FORGIVE HIM FOR SAYING NAUGHTY WORDS! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

The fuck outta here.

D Rock
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Jan 5 2014, 04:31 AM) *

The fuck outta here.

Dumb Ass post of the year! At least you're consistent.

Zero
Anyone see Cooper in the slot next year if they sign him? I've always liked Avant, he's consistent, dependable but no RAC.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Jan 5 2014, 04:31 AM) *

The fuck outta here.

What Cooper said was wrong but let's hope that none of our other players do anything out of line with you setting the moral standards round here. Supposing McCoy did something bad - would you want him cut?
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 4 2014, 11:34 PM) *
I think he's a schmuck, but he also caught a TD and had a handful of other big catches.

Thank you. Always thought the guy was a good player but the dude is just a jerk. Pretty boy dumb jock. He's always rubbed me the wrong way.
Rick
They really need to bring him back. He is that receiver who you know is going to get after it, go attack the ball and make a play at crazy times. Yeah, he dropped that ball, probably wouldn't have scored, would have been a big play for sure and maybe changes the game. But he also made some other big plays. And has made a lot of them this year.

Seems like so many of the great teams have a guy like that. Either a TE or a WR who can get after it although maybe not a #1 receiver. I like Cooper in that role. Unless you can replace him with someone who can do those things, then you can't really get rid of him. He adds too much to this offense.

As far as saying/doing stupid things. Let's see, we have Michael Vick on the team, Mccoy and Williams. Nobody is calling to get rid of them for things they did/said in the past. Get over it already.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 4 2014, 11:34 PM) *
I think he's a schmuck, but he also caught a TD and had a handful of other big catches. He wouldn't have scored on that drop either, but since you're picking and choosing, I doubt that matters much.

I don't give a damn how many TD he catches, he's a cock. Much like D Cock and the rest of the Fox News Faithful who gave him a pass because "he's a good football player"

horribly overrated and you'll be hearing more of these "dumb ass" posts every time he screws up in a big way during a big game. (much like we had to endure idiocy about Vick and "Dunavin", etc)

he is the one player who demonstrates the pure meatheaded-ness of Eagle fans.

Jax
Is this shit serious?
D Rock
Sadly, it is. Asshole is what an asshole does.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Jan 5 2014, 02:26 PM) *
I don't give a damn how many TD he catches, he's a cock. Much like D Cock and the rest of the Fox News Faithful who gave him a pass because "he's a good football player"

horribly overrated and you'll be hearing more of these "dumb ass" posts every time he screws up in a big way during a big game. (much like we had to endure idiocy about Vick and "Dunavin", etc)

he is the one player who demonstrates the pure meatheaded-ness of Eagle fans.

So you would want Vick off this team immediately on the basis that he caused premeditated and prolonged suffering for a substantial length of time rather than simply saying something stupid in the heat of the moment?

I note that Avant stood up for Cooper after the incident became public. Avant is a high character person himself, so if he's willing to vouch for Cooper then I'll take his word for it.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 5 2014, 01:26 PM) *
So you would want Vick off this team immediately on the basis that he caused premeditated and prolonged suffering for a substantial length of time rather than simply saying something stupid in the heat of the moment?

No he wouldn't - he's just a cock who was waiting all night for Cooper to drop a pass so he could post something.
Eyrie
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 5 2014, 06:31 PM) *
No he wouldn't - he's just a cock who was waiting all night for Cooper to drop a pass so he could post something.

I think you meant to say "all season". I'm just (politely) trying to get Wheeljack to be consistent about players' off-field activities.
nephillymike
I would sign him, no question. He was a work horse and fought all year long. Why do you think he had so many late in the progression catches? Because he fought. While quitter djax runs 15 yards and throws his hands up in despair, Cooper fights back and gets open. And he is an excellent blocker. He's a keeper in this offense.
make_it_rain
good to see wheeljack solidifying his status as probably the worst poster on this board. impressive stuff.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Jan 4 2014, 11:31 PM) *

The fuck outta here.

folks like you seriously make me fear for our civilization's future.......just bizarre.....
Phits

Considering that Vick is still hated by a good deal of Philly fans and even when he was playing extremely well they wanted him gone. This is despite the fact that he has paid his societal debt and has been a model citizen on and off the field.

Cooper used some extremely hateful words. For some the racist sentiment exceeds his on-field production. Not everybody is capable of turning a blind eye.
D Rock
The two "crimes" are totally incomparable.

1 was a naughty, hateful, ugly, and wrong word.

The other was a prosecutable systemic causing of pain, suffering, and death of living beings.

Any attempt to liken one to the other is laughable at best.
JerseyEagle77
He made a dumb mistake, everyone has. Forgive him and let it go already..holy crap still on that!?

As a player I think he's solid and hopefully the evolution of Foles and play calling will make him a better asset to the offense next season. Granted, dropping that pass sucked last night but it is what it is now, not judging him on 1 play.
Wheeljack

I note that Avant stood up for Cooper after the incident became public. Avant is a high character person himself, so if he's willing to vouch for Cooper then I'll take his word for it.

Vick took responsibility for his actions and went to jail. should have been the end of it.

Cooper never was held accountable. he was kept out of sight, some people vouched for him, and "people" moved on.
GQSmooth
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 5 2014, 08:11 AM) *
Anyone see Cooper in the slot next year if they sign him? I've always liked Avant, he's consistent, dependable but no RAC.

I think we're more likely to see Maclin in the slot.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Jan 6 2014, 01:35 PM) *
Vick took responsibility for his actions and went to jail. should have been the end of it.

Cooper never was held accountable. he was kept out of sight, some people vouched for him, and "people" moved on.

Yeah, they probably should have sent Cooper to jail. The fuck out of here...

He stood up in front of a group of reporters, owned up to what he did, acted contrite and moved forward. Did you want him to hug a black kid?

GQSmooth
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Jan 6 2014, 01:35 PM) *

If the team moved on, that is all that matters. If it hadn't Riley wouldnt have been a centerpiece. If you don't like what Cooper said fine, just call him Racist Cooper but don't dredge the issue back up if the team moved on.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Jan 5 2014, 09:26 AM) *
I don't give a damn how many TD he catches, he's a cock.

I agree and he is the only Eagle player I've ever disliked (as furious as I was over the Vick signing at least Vick was likable on a personal level) but I don't think you need to like every player on your team.

Jax
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Jan 6 2014, 12:39 PM) *
I think we're more likely to see Maclin in the slot.

I think Cooper would be much better wide than slot.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 5 2014, 07:29 PM) *
Considering that Vick is still hated by a good deal of Philly fans and even when he was playing extremely well they wanted him gone. This is despite the fact that he has paid his societal debt and has been a model citizen on and off the field.

Cooper used some extremely hateful words. For some the racist sentiment exceeds his on-field production. Not everybody is capable of turning a blind eye.

I was vocal in my condemnation of Vick when his illegal activities came to light and very unhappy about him being given a chance here. That said, I've been prepared to praise him when he played well and have noted that he is a much better person now.

I can understand that some people are upset by what Cooper did. All I ask for is consistency when judging our players by their moral character.

QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Jan 6 2014, 05:35 PM) *

So if Cooper had been fined or jailed, you'd forgive him? And as others have pointed out, he took public accountability for what he said. Why not be willing to give him the same chance that Vick got to be judged on his subsequent behaviour?
Rick
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Jan 6 2014, 12:35 PM) *

And what, exactly, should have happened to him? I mean, he didn't break a law. Didn't break any rules. So what should they do? Beat him in front of a public audience?

Oh, and, he did take responsibility for his actions. But I guess you missed that.

:::shaking head:::
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 6 2014, 02:55 PM) *
And what, exactly, should have happened to him? I mean, he didn't break a law. Didn't break any rules. So what should they do? Beat him in front of a public audience?

Oh, and, he did take responsibility for his actions. But I guess you missed that.

:::shaking head:::

That's the same rationalization that Mikey Miss was using this year.

Vick did his time, so he's exonerated.

Cooper didn't do any time so he's not.

So Cooper could never be exonerated because what he did was not punishable by incarceration. That's the faulty logic here IMO.

make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 6 2014, 10:12 PM) *
That's the same rationalization that Mikey Miss was using this year.

Vick did his time, so he's exonerated.

Cooper didn't do any time so he's not.

So Cooper could never be exonerated because what he did was not punishable by incarceration. That's the faulty logic here IMO.

Personally, I think Mikey Miss is just too much of a douchebag to admit that he was dead wrong about Cooper's ability (like many people, myself included) so instead of admitting he was wrong he turns a blind eye to the plays Cooper makes and glibs "What, am I supposed to be happy when a racist makes a few grabs?.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard that guy say the three words, "I was wrong". There's always some sort of rub or cop out to justify why he wasnt dead wrong on a prediction or an assesment of a player. A good example of this is Foles, when earlier in the season Doucheanelli was calling for us to trade Shady and whoever else it takes so the team could move up to draft Bridgewater. He wouldn't shut up about how Foles doesnt pass the eye test, how his lack of functional mobility is a non starter in this offense, has a noodle for an arm blah blah blah. He's been repeatedly called out for this and always just sidesteps it.

I would LOVE to see what Miss would say if Cooper took a similar path Vick did, getting actively involved in the community after the incident has passed. At this point, that's really all he can do, since as pointed out, you can't really arrest someone for dropping the n bomb.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 7 2014, 12:51 AM) *
Personally, I think Mikey Miss is just too much of a douchebag to admit that he was dead wrong about Cooper's ability (like many people, myself included) so instead of admitting he was wrong he turns a blind eye to the plays Cooper makes and glibs "What, am I supposed to be happy when a racist makes a few grabs?.

Dude, that's exactly what happened.

I have never heard Miss admit that he was wrong about a player, ever.

It isn't even like Cooper is great or anything either. I thought he was going to be the next Jordy Nelson. But he's still pretty good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.