Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KC Collapses
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Unbelievable. Poor clock management. Wasted timeouts. The injuries took their toll, but KC played the 2nd half like they already won the game.

Sorry AR, I was rooting for you...
TGryn
Losing Charles crippled the Chiefs' offense. Surprised the Colts did such a poor job defending Bowe when he was obviously KC's only remaining weapon, but Indy's D is only middle-of-the-road. Chiefs' D was the main culprit in the 2nd half.

Still, taking a 2-14 team to 11-5 is a remarkable accomplishment.
SpudDogg
QUOTE (TGryn @ Jan 4 2014, 08:11 PM) *

Andy gets too much credit for that. Just my two cents.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Jan 4 2014, 08:13 PM) *
Andy gets too much credit for that. Just my two cents.

Yes, they had a team full of injured Pro Bowlers last year, and this year took advantage of that and an easy schedule. He still can't beat good teams.
bwc2112
Andy Ried pulled the perfect Andy Ried. Look a the last time out. Nobody was happy with the call. Last play only one target?
make_it_rain
I was pulling for Andy too. The first timeout was marginal.

The second timeout right after the two minute warning, on the other hand..... unsure.gif
TGryn
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 4 2014, 06:15 PM) *
Yes, they had a team full of injured Pro Bowlers last year, and this year took advantage of that and an easy schedule. He still can't beat good teams.

I keep hearing about this great KC team that Andy took over, but they were 2-14 in 2012, the worst record in the league.

The only major injury loss to KC in 2012 was Bowe. If anything, they were healthier in Crennel's last season than they were in 2011, when they lost both Charles and S Eric Berry early in the season.

The main improvement was in coaching (and QB - Smith was a major upgrade for them). I note that KC called a higher % of runs than Reid did during his entire time in Philly, showing he still has the capacity to adapt to his personnel.

I'm not surprised some don't want to give Reid any credit, but really, it was a similar turnaround to what Kelly achieved here.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 4 2014, 09:54 PM) *
I was pulling for Andy too. The first timeout was marginal.

The second timeout right after the two minute warning, on the other hand..... unsure.gif

Why did that timeout matter? I'm waiting to hear someone explain that. Maybe it did, but either they pickup that 4th down or the game is over from my perspective. I understand the rationale behind seeing the defense and changing plays as a result.
Would that timeout have allowed them to get the ball back with a viable shot of winning the game?
bwc2112
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 4 2014, 09:05 PM) *
Why did that timeout matter? I'm waiting to hear someone explain that. Maybe it did, but either they pickup that 4th down or the game is over from my perspective. I understand the rationale behind seeing the defense and changing plays as a result.
Would that timeout have allowed them to get the ball back with a viable shot of winning the game?

Watch how the QB pitches the ball back to the sideline. They new they were doomed.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Jan 4 2014, 10:54 PM) *
Watch how the QB pitches the ball back to the sideline. They new they were doomed.

That doesn't really answer my question
D Rock
Andy pulled a perfect "Andy."

He built his rep on feasting on the weak half of the league and did it again.

I for one, will enjoy watching the KC community and franchise waste a decade or more figuring out what we've learned.

The clock management gaffes were 100% in character, and sadly . . . the most enjoyable part of the day to watch.

Zero
QUOTE (TGryn @ Jan 4 2014, 08:11 PM) *

Just to be objective, one could argue that Crennel made a 10+ win team into a 2 win team.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 4 2014, 09:05 PM) *
Why did that timeout matter?

Because 5 seconds later, after giving up the ball on downs, they would've still been able to get the ball back. Instead, 3 kneel downs and done. However, it's more of an
amusement to those of us who aren't Andy-fluffers watching his blatantly incompetent clock management in action, this time harming another team instead of ours.

Good riddance.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 5 2014, 07:03 AM) *
Just to be objective, one could argue that Crennel made a 10+ win team into a 2 win team.

Precisely, and part of the reason why I predicted our 4-12 birds would win 9 games. Andy of course deserves some credit, as he was an upgrade from the hapless
Crennel, but the simple fact is the Chiefs are loaded with Pro-Bowlers and have one of the top 5 weapons in football on offense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.