Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok Seriously
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
That 'QB sneak' from Luck was one of the most incredible plays I've ever seen.....

Hey Mikey, if this game is fixed, it must be a 'Paul Crew' fix, where he changes his mind in the second half. wink.gif
SpudDogg
That was awesome to watch. This game has been fun as hell.

Same old andy though...STILL cant close games out
SpudDogg
Typical Andyball!

man i am SO GLAD im not a chiefs fan. I can hear "FIRE ANDY" coming out of KC already.

ROFL
nephillymike
How about the time out before the first play AFTER the 2 minute warning?

Vintage Andy.
Rick
KC is starting to see what drove us nuts here about him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 5 2014, 10:12 AM) *
How about the time out before the first play AFTER the 2 minute warning?

Vintage Andy.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why that was so awful. Just because it came after the 2 min warning? Would having that timeout allowed them a realistic chance to get the ball back and win the game?
If they came out after the warning and saw something in the defense that justified a change of play call, then it was totally justified. They ended up matching Bowe up and giving him a real shot to pickup the first down.
I didn't see most of the second half, but I did turn it on for that play. From my perspective, the timeout was a non issue.
Putting up 44 without your best player for 99% of the game is impressive. That defense has been struggling for several weeks. They just weren't a very good team.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 5 2014, 10:55 AM) *
I'm still waiting for someone to explain why that was so awful. Just because it came after the 2 min warning? Would having that timeout allowed them a realistic chance to get the ball back and win the game?
If they came out after the warning and saw something in the defense that justified a change of play call, then it was totally justified. They ended up matching Bowe up and giving him a real shot to pickup the first down.
I didn't see most of the second half, but I did turn it on for that play. From my perspective, the timeout was a non issue.
Putting up 44 without your best player for 99% of the game is impressive. That defense has been struggling for several weeks. They just weren't a very good team.

Serious? I can't imagine ever seeing a good QB/coach tandem doing that. They just had 2 min to plan and then they see something they don't like and can't adjust to it? What happens after the TO if they see something they don't like? They wasted a TO.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 5 2014, 12:11 PM) *
Serious? I can't imagine ever seeing a good QB/coach tandem doing that. They just had 2 min to plan and then they see something they don't like and can't adjust to it? What happens after the TO if they see something they don't like? They wasted a TO.

The timeout was meaningless. They had plenty of time to kick a field goal if they convert and not enough even with the timeout for something meaningful if they didn't.
This writer, at minimum, agreed with me:Link

They ultimately got their best receiver matched up one on one with a chance to pickup the first down. From my perspective, whatever decision they made during that timeout was smart. The corner just played it perfectly.

Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 5 2014, 11:11 AM) *

As the saying goes, measure twice and cut once. They were on 4th down, better safe than sorry. The right call was in against the D, the QB was off on the throw and the receiver wasn't watching where he was on the field.

If the pass was caught, people would be remarking on how they saw something they didn't like made the correct adjustment and won the game.

The last time out wasn't an issue. The one before was typical Andy (as we remember him). Even Alex Smith seemed peeved by (what appeared to be ) the delay in the play call.
nephillymike
If it was the right thing to do (calling a timeout immediately after the 2 min timeout) wouldn't more people do it?

And if it was the right thing to do, why would Reid feel the need to say he goofed?

Do you think it was planned, you know hey if we don't like what we see, use our last timeout here?
D Rock
The problem with the time out was two fold.

One, it wasted a time out they could have used later.

Two, they had a favorable matchup pre snap w bowe isolated 1 on 1 with their lesser corner.

The time out helped the d. Defend the fat fuck out of habit if you must, but the entire football world saw it as the gaffe it was.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 5 2014, 12:29 PM) *
If it was the right thing to do (calling a timeout immediately after the 2 min timeout) wouldn't more people do it?

And if it was the right thing to do, why would Reid feel the need to say he goofed?

Do you think it was planned, you know hey if we don't like what we see, use our last timeout here?

Did he say that? I haven't read any post game stuff. Did he explain why he called it? As for other people doing it, plenty of coaches call timeout if they see the other team aligned unfavorably.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 5 2014, 01:06 PM) *
The problem with the time out was two fold.

One, it wasted a time out they could have used later.

Two, they had a favorable matchup pre snap w bowe isolated 1 on 1 with their lesser corner.

The time out helped the d. Defend the fat fuck out of habit if you must, but the entire football world saw it as the gaffe it was.

Regardless of the coverage that you saw, that play call may not have been best to take advantage of the isolated receiver.
Having that timeout after the fact added no value given the time remaining and where they were on the field.
I'm not defending anything, I just can't understand why people are up in arms about it. Seems like it was pretty meaningless to me. I haven't heard one person logically say why it was such a big deal.
I'll go look for Andy's comments on it, but the little I've read from the Chiefs perspective indicates the disdain is geared towards their DC.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 5 2014, 09:21 AM) *
KC is starting to see what drove us nuts here about him.

Yep. And Reid-apologism is taking on a whole new meaning here after the game yesterday.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 5 2014, 06:16 PM) *
Regardless of the coverage that you saw, that play call may not have been best to take advantage of the isolated receiver.
Having that timeout after the fact added no value given the time remaining and where they were on the field.
I'm not defending anything, I just can't understand why people are up in arms about it. Seems like it was pretty meaningless to me. I haven't heard one person logically say why it was such a big deal.
I'll go look for Andy's comments on it, but the little I've read from the Chiefs perspective indicates the disdain is geared towards their DC.

I'm not "up in arms" about it a'tall.

I'm flipping GIDDY about it because his bullshit is no longer our problem. I was speaking w friends b4 that game and predicted that the post game conversation about that game would be centered on how badly the coach screwed the pooch on managing the clock and would ultimately lose the game after an early lead.

I'm phuquing Kreskin over here!

Reality Fan
It was a horrible loss......granted KC lost Charles and Avery and then their #2 RB.......that killed them but they did such a bad job on defense.......hard to believe a D can play that badly........

But the funny part for me here is the folks here with an unnatural hate for Reid that predicted the Chiefs would be horrible much less make the playoffs giggling at the outcome.....KC fans have to be happy at this point to be back in the playoffs,,,,give them about 4-5 years of Reid before they start calling for his head. KC has had 4 winning seasons in the last 10 years and this was only their 3rd trip to the playoffs in that span.....after 2-14 they at least have hope.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 5 2014, 02:36 PM) *
But the funny part for me here is the folks here with an unnatural hate for Reid that predicted the Chiefs would be horrible much less make the playoffs giggling at the
outcome.....KC fans have to be happy at this point to be back in the playoffs,,,,give them about 4-5 years of Reid before they start calling for his head.

My pre-season prediction about KC's record was obviously wrong - however, my overall analysis of Reid and his liabilities has been proven spot-on, yet again. We're 'giggling'
at the outcome of yesterday's disaster because we'll never have to endure any of that from him ever again. He could never close teams out, and he still has absolutely no
idea how to manage a clock. Watching his blatant stupidity costing a team other than ours a chance to win was the only high point of yesterday.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 5 2014, 04:08 PM) *
My pre-season prediction about KC's record was obviously wrong - however, my overall analysis of Reid and his liabilities has been proven spot-on, yet again. We're 'giggling'
at the outcome of yesterday's disaster because we'll never have to endure any of that from him ever again. He could never close teams out, and he still has absolutely no
idea how to manage a clock. Watching his blatant stupidity costing a team other than ours a chance to win was the only high point of yesterday.

you were wrong on both the Chiefs AND the Eagles.......

I can't speak to how the game ended because I had things to do so watching Reid and the Chiefs was low on the to do list.....that being said he took a 2-14 team to the playoffs this year......I realize idiots out there won't acknowledge the accomplishment but it is what it is....

It is amusing how much he annoys you though....almost as much as when you talk football.....lol
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 5 2014, 05:28 PM) *

I can't speak to how the game ended because I had things to do so watching Reid and the Chiefs was low on the to do list.....that being said he took a 2-14 team to the playoffs this year......I realize idiots out there won't acknowledge the accomplishment but it is what it is....

It is amusing how much he annoys you though....almost as much as when you talk football.....lol

laugh.gif @ Fantasy Fan

I had a pretty spot-on prediction of what the Eagles would do - fueled by how I knew The Walrus coached us down to a 4-12 record. While I have no doubt that you missed
part of the Chiefs game, as you had to try to make some money to keep your heat on at the blackjack tables, the fact is Reid's coaching flaws reared their ugly head once
again - except this time it affected another team for once. It's ok, the mental disorder of Reid-apologism has been made ever more clear since yesterday. Keep reaching
for that sky little boy.....
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 5 2014, 05:28 PM) *

Kelly, a coach who had no experience in the NFL took a relatively depleted 4 - 12 team with no returning pro bowlers to the playoffs. On the other hand, Reid left that depleted team as head coach, personnel general and chief bottle washer and took over 5 returning pro-bowlers, a deep defense and several talented offensive players. That doesn't make Reid a bad coach but to refer to those who see all the pieces and don't classify his accomplishment this year as great as "idiots" is a bit over the edge. In fact, I'd say that even only a decent HC should be expected to take that talent to the playoffs.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 5 2014, 08:24 PM) *
Kelly, a coach who had no experience in the NFL took a relatively depleted 4 - 12 team with no returning pro bowlers to the playoffs. On the other hand, Reid left that depleted team as head coach, personnel general and chief bottle washer and took over 5 returning pro-bowlers, a deep defense and several talented offensive players. That doesn't make Reid a bad coach but to refer to those who see all the pieces and don't classify his accomplishment this year as great as "idiots" is a bit over the edge. In fact, I'd say that even only a decent HC should be expected to take that talent to the playoffs.

cheers.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 5 2014, 09:24 PM) *

I think you've dramatically understated the differences in the Eagles team from last year to this year.

First, and the most obvious, our offensive line is completely different. We had the same five starters play all 16 games this year. Last year, three of the guys were out for most of the season and only one played the whole year.

Second, some of our best, key players went from relatively unproductive rookies to key cogs. Specifically Foles. Don't get me wrong, Chip had a lot to do with Foles' success, but most experts say that the biggest development in a player's career comes from year one to year two. We also saw improvement from Kendricks and Boykin.

We also had a completely new tandem of corners, a key player in Barwin and a full 16 games of Shady.

The depleted team you reference is a lot less depleted after that 2012 draft. Who is responsible for that is anyone's guess.
D Rock
Geezus Kriste. Can we stop talking and out that fat bastard already?!?!

Who gives a rats ass? At this point, he's about as relevant to this team as Marion Campbell. He is now, and will be going forward, the enemy.

Maybe you and our overly emotional, non intellectual little friend "bez" can go join a Chef's board if you want to continue the slobber job on the walrus.

For me? I'm rather unimpressed. He beat one (ONE) team w a winning record (us) and chocked up the 2nd largest comeback in playoff history with his oh so typical schtick.

That's the narrative here, and you'll not convince me otherwise.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 6 2014, 10:28 AM) *
Geezus Kriste. Can we stop talking and out that fat bastard already?!?!

Who gives a rats ass? At this point, he's about as relevant to this team as Marion Campbell. He is now, and will be going forward, the enemy.

Maybe you and our overly emotional, non intellectual little friend "bez" can go join a Chef's board if you want to continue the slobber job on the walrus.

For me? I'm rather unimpressed. He beat one (ONE) team w a winning record (us) and chocked up the 2nd largest comeback in playoff history with his oh so typical schtick.

That's the narrative here, and you'll not convince me otherwise.

I didn't mention him once. I was comparing our 2012 and 2013 rosters. There are a lot of differences.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 6 2014, 03:33 PM) *
I didn't mention him once. I was comparing our 2012 and 2013 rosters. There are a lot of differences.

Yawn
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 5 2014, 08:24 PM) *

see...that is the funny part....The eagles were hardly depleted on offense......to suggest so is silly.......losing Maclin was a loss but Reid did not hurt him. The D side was and is lacking some talent but if you want to be correct say that Reid and his staff did a bad job of coaching the talent they had. That was Reid's problem, replacing a great staff with bums and then staying loyal to the new guys....

And while I agree the Chiefs have talent on D did you look at the Chiefs rankings last year? I mean, seriously, did you even glance at them?

Did Kelly bring in the leading rusher in the NFL this year?

Kelly did a great job this year but the cupboard was hardly bare.....seems to me the offensive line...you know the o line that was completely injured last year besides Mathis stayed healthy this year and the lone newcomer did a good job.....in fact he was the only new starter on offense.......and on defense? 6 starters returned.....

They both did great jobs.....I recognize both of them......some here never will
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 5 2014, 05:43 PM) *
laugh.gif @ Fantasy Fan

I had a pretty spot-on prediction of what the Eagles would do - fueled by how I knew The Walrus coached us down to a 4-12 record. While I have no doubt that you missed
part of the Chiefs game, as you had to try to make some money to keep your heat on at the blackjack tables, the fact is Reid's coaching flaws reared their ugly head once
again - except this time it affected another team for once. It's ok, the mental disorder of Reid-apologism has been made ever more clear since yesterday. Keep reaching
for that sky little boy.....

more football brilliance...

debating you is silly....you are right....no lineman got hurt last year....everything went well for the Eagles and Reid is just a bad coach...that is why he had his choice of 3 teams to go to immediately....but hey...I am sure you are a top executive in some professional sport or industry that qualifies you to know more than those paid to do so in the NFL.......

I defer to your intellect....hahahahahahaha

little boy?.....almost as funny as house of pain......I am still convinced you are 9...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 6 2014, 06:00 PM) *
see...that is the funny part....The eagles were hardly depleted on offense......to suggest so is silly.......losing Maclin was a loss but Reid did not hurt him. The D side was and is lacking some talent but if you want to be correct say that Reid and his staff did a bad job of coaching the talent they had. That was Reid's problem, replacing a great staff with bums and then staying loyal to the new guys....

And while I agree the Chiefs have talent on D did you look at the Chiefs rankings last year? I mean, seriously, did you even glance at them?

Kelly did a great job this year but the cupboard was hardly bare.....seems to me the offensive line...you know the o line that was completely injured last year besides Mathis stayed healthy this year and the lone newcomer did a good job.....in fact he was the only new starter on offense.......and on defense? 6 starters returned.....

I think it is safe to say that talent wise, they weren't 2-14 and we weren't 4-12.
Also safe to say that all are happy we have Chip over Andy and KC is happy they have Andy over Romeo.

A win-win.

D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 6 2014, 11:00 PM) *

Tell Juan Castillo about how "loyal" Reid was to his guys. How bout Washburn? Was he "loyal" to him?

Reid fucked this team up royally. The cupboard was indeed bare on the defensive side. They had one (ONE) returning starter in the entire secondary and he sucked nards. Both starting D Tackles were shit canned b4 the spring.

On offense, he left Chip with some talent, but to suggest there was anything worth a shit on defense is a complete and utter falsehood.

Fletcher Cox? Some guys take plays off. He takes games off. Mychal Kendricks? Pfft. Ernie Simms II. Brandon Graham? A never was who's graduated to washed up. Cole is the ONLY real player on that side of the ball and he's on the wring side of 30 and still learning a new position.

Reid had buckets of talent in KC, by comparison.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.