Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time To FLY
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
bwc2112
We did not get hear by mistake. We earned it. So what do we do now... We do what we do fight.
I called 10-6 at the beginning, and like our freezing ass odds tonight.
All said and done I expect a win, If for some reason I am wrong. We kicked the shit out of our expectations, they threw us under the Bus, we lifted it and tossed it to the curb.
Nobody but Nobody can take this season away from us. We beat all odds against us.

BE PROUD EAGLES FANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO! EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
The only Eagles fan in NC , BWC2112
Aka, Bruce
bwc2112
And not one response!!!!!
No wonder they say we love you enough to beat the hell out of ya. mad.gif
Dreagon
You guys made it to the playoffs, and played a team with a Super Bowl caliber offense and an improved defense to the very end of the game. Ya'll should be fine.
SpudDogg
Next season, baby.

Eagles will beat the 'girls twice biggrin.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Jan 4 2014, 10:29 PM) *
Next season, baby.

Eagles will beat the 'girls twice biggrin.gif

Ha! Haven't you heard? We're so good after three consecutive 8-8 seasons that Jerry Jones is going to STAY THE COURSE! Apparently we're just brimming with awesomeness waiting to bust out, so he ain't gonna change a thing! PHEAR!!!

(you guys really need a headdesk icon)
SpudDogg
I think as long as we have a #25 we'll be at least 8-8. Number 25 in midnight green will never have another name on it, it'll be hanging from the rafters!
Chip Kelly
I just wanna say, I fucking love Nick Foles. No, he didn't have his best game, but he got the team the lead with a few minutes left on the clock. We can win with this guy, and I think his name is going to be on my next Eagles jersey.
Eyrie
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Jan 4 2014, 10:25 PM) *
We did not get hear by mistake. We earned it. So what do we do now... We do what we do fight.
I called 10-6 at the beginning, and like our freezing ass odds tonight.
All said and done I expect a win, If for some reason I am wrong. We kicked the shit out of our expectations, they threw us under the Bus, we lifted it and tossed it to the curb.
Nobody but Nobody can take this season away from us. We beat all odds against us.

BE PROUD EAGLES FANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO! EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
The only Eagles fan in NC , BWC2112
Aka, Bruce

We lost because we didn't play well enough, so we're pissed off at the moment.

But once that feeling has eased then we can reflect on a very good first season under Kelly and the building blocks are there for next year. The defence will be upgraded in the offseason and will have more experience in the 3-4, and the offense will be even more familiar with Kelly's demands. STs needs only an improvement at K.
samaroo
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 5 2014, 08:29 AM) *
We lost because we didn't play well enough, so we're pissed off at the moment.

But once that feeling has eased then we can reflect on a very good first season under Kelly and the building blocks are there for next year. The defence will be upgraded in the offseason and will have more experience in the 3-4, and the offense will be even more familiar with Kelly's demands. STs needs only an improvement at K.

Why is it "defence" but not "offence?" Also, just out of curiosity, how did a Scotsman become an Eagles fan?
JerseyEagle77
Great thread....This is gonna sound super corny but here it goes..I'm gonna be 37 next month, I've been an Eagle fan since Buddy...actually probably just right before then but that's a long story for another thread. So for the 1st time in my life I went to Philly for a playoff game and watched the season end from seat 10, row 23, section 104...1st friggin time I go to a playoff game at home and it ends that way, unbelievable.

Anyway the 2 hour ride back home to north Jersey was spent thinking, thinking and thinking of the game while everyone slept. I walked in my house, took off my 700 layers of clothes and laid on my bed watching all the post game talks online before I finally passed out.

Normally the next day I would pretty much not want to be bothered with anything football related. My jerseys would be hung up till next year, I'd have almost no interest in Madden and I'd be too mad to watch the other 2 games...this past Sunday was different. I worked around the house in my Jaworski t-shirt, watched both games and googled Philadelphia Eagles forums because even though there was a loss, even though I broke that game down 50 different ways, heard countless analysis from different sources, got texts from my douchebag Giant fan friends...I have never been more proud of this team, the fanbase and the city.

I came here because unlike every other year and team, this time I did NOT want the few days of detachment that I usually require. I--we have said "maybe next year" so many times I've lost count. Maybe I just haven't yet fallen out of love with the idea of Nick and Chip but I do believe "maybe next year"...could actually have some truth to it this time.

How many days till OTA's?
nephillymike
QUOTE (JerseyEagle77 @ Jan 6 2014, 07:10 PM) *
Great thread....This is gonna sound super corny but here it goes..I'm gonna be 37 next month, I've been an Eagle fan since Buddy...actually probably just right before then but that's a long story for another thread. So for the 1st time in my life I went to Philly for a playoff game and watched the season end from seat 10, row 23, section 104...1st friggin time I go to a playoff game at home and it ends that way, unbelievable.

Anyway the 2 hour ride back home to north Jersey was spent thinking, thinking and thinking of the game while everyone slept. I walked in my house, took off my 700 layers of clothes and laid on my bed watching all the post game talks online before I finally passed out.

Normally the next day I would pretty much not want to be bothered with anything football related. My jerseys would be hung up till next year, I'd have almost no interest in Madden and I'd be too mad to watch the other 2 games...this past Sunday was different. I worked around the house in my Jaworski t-shirt, watched both games and googled Philadelphia Eagles forums because even though there was a loss, even though I broke that game down 50 different ways, heard countless analysis from different sources, got texts from my douchebag Giant fan friends...I have never been more proud of this team, the fanbase and the city.

I came here because unlike every other year and team, this time I did NOT want the few days of detachment that I usually require. I--we have said "maybe next year" so many times I've lost count. Maybe I just haven't yet fallen out of love with the idea of Nick and Chip but I do believe "maybe next year"...could actually have some truth to it this time.

How many days till OTA's?

Welcome aboard!!
Eyrie
QUOTE (samaroo @ Jan 6 2014, 10:57 PM) *
Why is it "defence" but not "offence?" Also, just out of curiosity, how did a Scotsman become an Eagles fan?

"Offence" means breaking the law, so it's a very different word to offense.

Long story. Back in about 82 or 83, a new TV channel launched over here and one of the things it did to differentiate itself was to cover the NFL which immediately became a hit over here. I sort of had a soft spot for the very successful 49ers team of that era without actually being a fan. Then along came Randall Cunningham and Gang Green. As a lifelong Hibs fan I'm already conditioned to support/suffer with the team that plays in green anyway, so the Eagles clicked with me. Twenty plus years of following the Eagles has convinced me I could have made more successful choices but not a better one. The internet has made a big difference to that - NFL coverage has gone from a one hour highlights programme the following Saturday to streaming Eagles games live to my TV and hanging out on here for analysis, rumours and discussion.
HobbEs
Ha! Haven't you heard? We're so good after three consecutive 8-8 seasons that Jerry Jones is going to STAY THE COURSE! Apparently we're just brimming with awesomeness waiting to bust out, so he ain't gonna change a thing! PHEAR!!!

Jerry not changing anything for an offseason might actually be a good thing for you guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.