Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: He is One Crazy SOB.Too Hot for the Hot Tub!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I turned on Eskin this AM and I missed the first bit of this, but apparently, he had the the team spend time in the ice tub this week, submerging themselves in it to get them used to the cold!!

Also, apparently HE did it too!! All at the request of his Navy Seal training guru.

Now, as an ex pitcher, certain times I would have to put my entire arm, from shoulder to finger tips in the ice tub for about 15 minutes. It goes from cold, to pain, to numb, to feeling like your arm weighs about 200 lbs.

I can't imagine what it would feel like for your entire body.

I wonder if he played Titanic music in the background.

Can you imagine?
mcnabbulous
I love this stuff. Thanks for passing it along.
samaroo
That's all well and good, but you're missing the important information. What color Gatorade are they drinking???
Jax
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 4 2014, 09:54 AM) *
I turned on Eskin this AM and I missed the first bit of this, but apparently, he had the the team spend time in the ice tub this week, submerging themselves in it to get them used to the cold!!

Also, apparently HE did it too!! All at the request of his Navy Seal training guru.

Now, as an ex pitcher, certain times I would have to put my entire arm, from shoulder to finger tips in the ice tub for about 15 minutes. It goes from cold, to pain, to numb, to feeling like your arm weighs about 200 lbs.

I can't imagine what it would feel like for your entire body.

I wonder if he played Titanic music in the background.

Can you imagine?

The Saints or Eagles did this?
SAM I Am
QUOTE (samaroo @ Jan 4 2014, 03:05 PM) *
What color Gatorade are they drinking???

Prestone Neon Green
nephillymike
QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 4 2014, 04:22 PM) *
The Saints or Eagles did this?

Eagles
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 4 2014, 06:19 PM) *
Eagles

I am with you...I remember ice whirlpools anytime I would blowout an ankles or tweak a knee.....the first time the trainer told me "don't worry, you won't feel anything after 5 minutes....."...and he was right but that 5 minutes always sucked.....can't imagine doing the whole body
Phits
Ice Baths have become a popular spa treatment (more specifically "Contrast Bath Therapy ie. Hot/Cold Immersion Therapy)

The ice bath is thought to:
-Constrict blood vessels and flush waste products, like lactic acid, out of the affected tissues
-Decrease metabolic activity and slow down physiological processes
-Reduce swelling and tissue breakdown

One study from the July 2008 issue of the International Journal of Sports Medicine found cold water immersion and contrast water therapy may help recovery from short maximal efforts, or during events like stage races where athletes repeat high-intensity efforts on successive days.

In this study, researchers had cyclists complete a week of intense daily training routines. After each workout, they used one of four different recovery methods and took nine days off between each week of workouts.

The four recovery methods included:

Immersion in a 15 degree C (59 degree F) pool for 14 minutes;
Immersion in 38 degree C (100.4 degree F) water for 14 minutes;
Alternating between cool and hot water every minute for 14 minutes;
14 minutes of complete rest.
They reported that the cyclists performed better in the sprint and time trial after cool water immersion and contrast water therapy, but their performance declined with both hot water baths and complete rest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.