Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm not satisfied
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
I am trying to be objective. I recognize that the Eagles have surpassed most, including my own, expectations for this season.....but I am not satisfied. I want to win tomorrow's game in a real bad way. I really feel we can do it. I want this to be the game that silences all doubts about Chip and Foles.

Let's Go Eagles!! Get 'er done.
Phits
In the playoffs, dome-dwelling teams playing in temperatures below 35 degrees on the road are 3-22.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 3 2014, 06:31 PM) *
I am trying to be objective. I recognize that the Eagles have surpassed most, including my own, expectations for this season.....but I am not satisfied. I want to win tomorrow's game in a real bad way. I really feel we can do it. I want this to be the game that silences all doubts about Chip and Foles.

Let's Go Eagles!! Get 'er done.

On top of that, if they should pull it out against NO I doubt we'd be happy without a win against Carolina, thus making a trip to the NFCCG an expectation. Even though by
most of our preseason expectations, this season has been an amazing success.
Jax
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 3 2014, 07:13 PM) *
On top of that, if they should pull it out against NO I doubt we'd be happy without a win against Carolina, thus making a trip to the NFCCG an expectation. Even though by
most of our preseason expectations, this season has been an amazing success.

EDIT: I guess if we win we would automatically play Carolina?
Birdman420
QUOTE (Jax @ Jan 3 2014, 10:50 PM) *
EDIT: I guess if we win we would automatically play Carolina?

correct
JeeQ
You should never be satisfied with anything less than a Super Bowl. That's what every player desires; that's what every fan should desire.
Eyrie
With my expectations for this year having been surpassed long ago, I'm in tune with Kelly's philosophy of "win the next game" before you can look ahead.

I'd like to do that another four times this season please.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 4 2014, 05:41 AM) *
With my expectations for this year having been surpassed long ago, I'm in tune with Kelly's philosophy of "win the next game" before you can look ahead.

I'd like to do that another four times this season please.

Yes to this. "Satisfied" isn't a word I'd use one way or the other. I'm pleased that the team has come as far as they have. I'd be ecstatic if they would continue winning and I won't be happy if they don't. Yet, I won't be unhappy either if they lose.

This season has been a good ride. I'd love it to keep going.

Rick
First of all, why is everyone acting like it'll be some sort of miracle if we win today? I mean, there are a lot of reasons we should win today's game. and NO has been pretty bad on the road this season. So I won't be shocked if we win nor would I be surprised if we lose.

As far as disappointment goes. Yeah, I'll be disappointed if we lose next week, or the week after that, etc. However, I won't be devastated by a loss because we have over-achieved this season. I wrote I'd have been devastated had we lost last week. Why? Because I feel we were/are a much better team than Dallas this season and it was a game we should have won. Much different with anyone we'd play now (maybe with the exception of Green Bay to a certain extent). The teams in the playoffs are good teams. No shame in losing to a good team.

If we win today, I feel we match up well against Carolina as well. Cam Newton is good but he doesn't strike fear in me like Brees does (in NO). They have a great defense but our offense has shown it can score just about at will on pretty much any defense we face (in the 2nd half of the season). But, then again, they're a very good team playing at home. So, no, I wouldn't bet my home on us beating them. I'm just saying we aren't as much of an underdog as some may think. Ditto for NO.

Keep calm and root for the Eagles!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.