Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All Pro teams announced
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain
Well deserved after the Pro Bowl snub.

AP All Pro team
Eyrie
All three deserved it, and I'd add that All-Pro is a higher honour than the Pro-Bowl popularity contest.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 3 2014, 02:36 PM) *
All three deserved it, and I'd add that All-Pro is a higher honour than the Pro-Bowl popularity contest.

Oh, no question, it's not even close. All Pro is literally the best of the best, at each position, voted on by the AP. To make an All-Pro team(first or second team) is probably the highest recognition you can receive in the league.

This is made doubly sweet as I made two bets with a delusional dallas fan. He bet me that:

Dez would make All Pro unsure.gif
Mathis would NOT make All Pro cool.gif

It wasn't for too much money ($20 per bet), but you can bet I'll be treating myself to a spread of food and drinks for the game on his dime, seasoned lightly with some dallas homer tears. yum.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 3 2014, 02:28 PM) *
Oh, no question, it's not even close. All Pro is literally the best of the best, at each position, voted on by the AP. To make an All-Pro team(first or second team) is probably the highest recognition you can receive in the league.

This is made doubly sweet as I made two bets with a delusional dallas fan. He bet me that:

Dez would make All Pro unsure.gif
Mathis would NOT make All Pro cool.gif

It wasn't for too much money ($20 per bet), but you can bet I'll be treating myself to a spread of food and drinks for the game on his dime, seasoned lightly with some dallas homer tears. yum.

He bet actual real money that Dez Bryant would be an All-Pro?!?!? Delusional is an understatement.....
make_it_rain
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 3 2014, 04:07 PM) *
He bet actual real money that Dez Bryant would be an All-Pro?!?!? Delusional is an understatement.....

Dude, you have no idea. For a while this season he was saying he was the best receiver in the league, ahead of Megatron. I really don't get why some fans are simply incapable of being objective.

A few years back when Felix Jones was on Dallas he also stated that Felix Jones was a top 10 running back. unsure.gif

Delusion knows no bounds. Some of these guys put the WIP callers to shame.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 3 2014, 01:36 PM) *

If it was such an "honour" maybe you should spell it the right way??

We could use your tent catching skills today. Wind gusts of over 30 mph here.

As Andy would say, "A great day to pass the ball"
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Jan 3 2014, 03:27 PM) *
A few years back when Felix Jones was on Dallas he also stated that Felix Jones was a top 10 running back. unsure.gif

Wow. wacko.gif

His 'career year' he hit 800 yards, while scoring one TD.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 3 2014, 09:34 PM) *
If it was such an "honour" maybe you should spell it the right way??

We could use your tent catching skills today. Wind gusts of over 30 mph here.

As Andy would say, "A great day to pass the ball"

One of the many advantages of a Scottish education is knowing how to spell words correctly without taking short cuts tongue.gif

Stormy over here as well, although not on the scale of the news reports about the US. How will the game be affected tonight?

And for once you won't need to yell "Run the damned ball" at the TV during a game. Kelly will run or pass as appropriate jumpclap.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 4 2014, 05:37 AM) *
One of the many advantages of a Scottish education is knowing how to spell words correctly without taking short cuts tongue.gif

Stormy over here as well, although not on the scale of the news reports about the US. How will the game be affected tonight?

And for once you won't need to yell "Run the damned ball" at the TV during a game. Kelly will run or pass as appropriate jumpclap.gif

I think it will have an effect.

Our fans will have to yell and make noise just to stay warm (or rather not freeze).

NO doesn't have any real bad weather games this year to look at, but if you look at the away game offensive drop off, it's huge (16 points per game just in division games, which were in PLEASANT weather) Add the cold, and yes it will be a big effect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.