Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It was nice to see both Brown and Polk contribute
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
in the past couple of weeks both Brown and Polk have been making meaningful contributions. I know Shady is the rushing leader, and for good reason but these two guys aren't slouches either. Watching Brown hold onto the ball and begin taking it between the tackles instead of trying to stretch it outside all the time is good stuff. Seeing Polk make good gains with both passes and runs up the gut is outstanding. Damn, I love seeing the Eagles run the ball successfully!
Jax
Yes, I noticed and liked that fact too. Ideally I'd like to see them each getting a handful of carries per game. This way you can feed the guy that is hot while McCoy gets a breather.
Zero
QUOTE (Jax @ Dec 31 2013, 10:03 AM) *
Yes, I noticed and liked that fact too. Ideally I'd like to see them each getting a handful of carries per game. This way you can feed the guy that is hot while McCoy gets a breather.
Plus they're different runners and can catch the D off balance.
Birdman420
I haven't been so excited about all of our running backs since the westbrook/duce staley days
Jax
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 31 2013, 11:24 AM) *
Plus they're different runners and can catch the D off balance.

Yes all 3 are different
Jax
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Dec 31 2013, 12:34 PM) *
I haven't been so excited about all of our running backs since the westbrook/duce staley days

Yeah, that was about as bad ass a combination as we've ever had. Watters and Garner was solid too.
nephillymike
I love it too.

My man Polk is doing a hell of a job.

What I found interesting was that early in the game, they take McCoy out for one play and then they throw it to Polk who has a 30+ yard play. I'm thinking, why take Shady out for that play, but then it hits me, that they prolly have one more guy on Shady if he's out there while Polk abused the single coverage under the radar D they used against him.

Great call by Chip!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.