Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saturday Nights weather in Philly
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Jax
I was initially pissed that we got the short week by one day, Sunday night-Saturday night. After thinking about it, it is probably a wash because the night weather will be to our advantage I think.

I'd like it to be nasty and become a battle of running games.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jax @ Dec 30 2013, 11:29 AM) *
I was initially pissed that we got the short week by one day, Sunday night-Saturday night. After thinking about it, it is probably a wash because the night weather will be to our advantage I think.

I'd like it to be nasty and become a battle of running games.

I think it's supposed to be clear, but cold. Low 20's. The Saints struggle outside and in the cold. I think we have a real good chance.
Jax
Forecast says 20's but clear. Chance of snow the day before. Maybe the groundskeeper should forget to put the tarps out.

The forecast could easily change in next 5+ days so we will hope for the best smile.gif
Eyrie
Let's hope so. Poor weather will improve our home field advantage.
D Rock
The Aints suck on the road and even more in bad weather. I like our chances to get a win.
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 30 2013, 12:41 PM) *
The Aints suck on the road and even more in bad weather. I like our chances to get a win.

I remember saying that about the Bucs one year. sad.gif
Jax
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 30 2013, 01:06 PM) *
I remember saying that about the Bucs one year. sad.gif

Agree. But I also remember a hot Bobby Hebert lead Saints team coming into Philly and Reggie doing the Safety Dance... no, not the Men Without Hats Safety Dance wink.gif
JeeQ
Fun Fact: Drew Brees has never won a playoff game on the road

Foles Cheesesteaks
The Saturday night game is best case scenario for us. Trust me
Jax
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 30 2013, 03:48 PM) *
Fun Fact: Drew Brees has never won a playoff game on the road

I hope that continues but like the above Tampa comment... Tampa had never won a game in 40 degree temps until that day!
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Jax @ Dec 30 2013, 07:50 PM) *
I hope that continues but like the above Tampa comment... Tampa had never won a game in 40 degree temps until that day!

But Gruden knew the Eagles and Reid, where no one really knows Chip.
I was surprised to hear the Saints are 0-5 in road playoff games, were 3-5 on the road scoring 18 avg pts compared to 34 at home during the season. They still need to bring their A game.
Jax
If we hold them to their average then I like out chances. 20 points or less is a tall order for our D though.
Phits
QUOTE (Jax @ Dec 30 2013, 09:33 PM) *
If we hold them to their average then I like out chances. 20 points or less is a tall order for our D though.

But 21 points is right up our alley
Rick
Tough game no matter how you look at it or no matter what the weather is like. But I'd prefer to play them in Philly rather than in NO. They are a drastically different team.

We also seem to have found our mojo at home. We've played with a TON of intensity at home lately. This team seems to be unstoppable when they bring their intensity level up. We looked flat (on offense) the other night and it almost cost us.

I'd rather play NO in Philly than SF right now.
Zero
And the Chipster says: “Tampa Bay didn't win a game in cold weather until they came in here and did it [in the 2002 NFC Championship],” Kelly said “so we are not going to get really caught up in that one, I can tell you that.” Here ...
Right on, MF Chipsta man!

Then, Payton seems to have the answer: “No, I mean seriously, the red Gatorade that we have been drinking and the orange obviously isn’t doing it, so we are going to switch I think to green,” he said. “The night before what we eat I think is going to be changed up a bit and how we dress is going to be different. Those are things that are important.”

Haha! Would you rather have that kind of presser or: "Ahem, I've got to put the players in a position to succeed."

I love having the Eagles back! jumpclap.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jax @ Dec 30 2013, 10:33 PM) *

They are actually only averaging 17.75 ppg on the road this season. And even less than that in recent weeks.
Jax
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 31 2013, 12:50 AM) *
But 21 points is right up our alley

Huh?
Jax
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 31 2013, 07:08 AM) *
Tough game no matter how you look at it or no matter what the weather is like. But I'd prefer to play them in Philly rather than in NO. They are a drastically different team.

We also seem to have found our mojo at home. We've played with a TON of intensity at home lately. This team seems to be unstoppable when they bring their intensity level up. We looked flat (on offense) the other night and it almost cost us.

I'd rather play NO in Philly than SF right now.

I agree with the first two comments. Regarding NO or SF, that's a close call. One has a better O and one has a better D. Both are tough.

The way I look at it is, there is nobody in the playoffs that we can beat without playing well and there is also nobody in the playoffs that we can't beat if we do play well.
mcnabbulous
Good read breaking down the difference between Brees indoors and outdoors:
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2013/12/...rees-says-jaws/
Phits
QUOTE (Jax @ Dec 31 2013, 10:04 AM) *
Huh?

We have held our opponents to 21 (or less) in 10 of the last 12 games.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.