Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foles season stats
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Birdwatcher
And he isn't a franchise QB?

Saint Nick … QB Nick Foles finished the regular season as the NFL’s leader in passer rating (119.2), becoming the first Eagle to do so since Tommy Thompson in 1948 and 1949. Foles finished with the third-best QB rating for a season in NFL history (Aaron Rodgers – 122.5 in 2011, Peyton Manning – 121.1 in 2004) … Foles threw for 263 yards and two touchdowns against the Cowboys for a 124.4 rating, marking his ninth game this season with a passer rating over 100, which tied Donovan McNabb’s franchise record set in 2004 ... For the season, Foles threw 27 touchdowns and just two interceptions. In doing so, he posted the best TD/INT ratio in NFL history and became the only quarterback to throw over 20 touchdowns and fewer than two interceptions. He also joined Tom Brady (36 TDs, 4 INTs in 2010) as the only quarterbacks to throw over 25 touchdowns and fewer than five interceptions ... With two interceptions in 317 attempts this season, Foles’ 0.63% interception percentage ranks as the third-lowest in NFL history ... His 27 touchdown passes tied for the fifth-highest single-season total in Eagles history ... Foles is currently the franchise’s all-time leader in QB rating (101.0) and completion percentage (62.5). He also set the single-season franchise mark in completion percentage (64.0).
Foles Cheesesteaks
Lock him up, we found our superstar
Rick
Yeah, I'm really starting to believe this kid may be something really special. Can't wait to see how he does next year--especially if we get Maclin back or just get a better #1 receiver for him to throw to.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 30 2013, 08:18 AM) *
or just get a better #1 receiver for him to throw to.

Yeah, Desean only had 79 catches for 1300 yards and 9 TDs.
Zero
Add a healthy, contract-motivated Maclin to DJax, Cooper, Celek, Ertz and Shady.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 30 2013, 07:27 AM) *

You really can't help yourself, can you?

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 30 2013, 09:00 AM) *
You really can't help yourself, can you?

It's tough when people say things that make absolutely no sense
SpudDogg
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 30 2013, 07:27 AM) *

ROFL

I read this and literally laughed out loud.

I know what you're getting at, but each and every game I can't help but think about Maclin. I don't have stats, but it always felt like he lead the team in receptions and receiving yards, game after game. (Could be wrong)

I know Maclin is a major weapon and an awesome receiver. If he was around, this offense would be that much more dangerous. He will be a major piece in this offense when he gets back to 100%, which unfortunately probably won't be until 2015.
Jax
Maclin's return to form remains to be seen. If we don't bring him back then we need to draft WR.
Rick
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Dec 30 2013, 10:38 AM) *
ROFL

I read this and literally laughed out loud.

I know what you're getting at, but each and every game I can't help but think about Maclin. I don't have stats, but it always felt like he lead the team in receptions and receiving yards, game after game. (Could be wrong)

I know Maclin is a major weapon and an awesome receiver. If he was around, this offense would be that much more dangerous. He will be a major piece in this offense when he gets back to 100%, which unfortunately probably won't be until 2015.

Thank you. At least SOMEONE around here understands.

DeSean is a fine receiver but he's not the guy you want/expect to be catching the tough balls across the middle getting nailed. You want a bigger, stronger guy doing that. You want DeSean running wild like he usually does. Adding a better #1 receiver makes DeSean better.

But, apparently, some other people missed that day in school...
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 30 2013, 09:32 AM) *
It's tough when people say things that make absolutely no sense

Not sure how you live with yourself because you say things which make absolutely no sense all of the time...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 30 2013, 12:43 PM) *
Thank you. At least SOMEONE around here understands.

DeSean is a fine receiver but he's not the guy you want/expect to be catching the tough balls across the middle getting nailed. You want a bigger, stronger guy doing that. You want DeSean running wild like he usually does. Adding a better #1 receiver makes DeSean better.

But, apparently, some other people missed that day in school...

Yeah, we should probably try to trade for Calvin Johnson. So many guys are available out there who are better than Desean. Team's just love getting rid of those guys.

Or did I miss the day at school where they were cloning Larry Fitzgerald?
mcnabbulous
Desean was top-20 in catches, top-10 in yards, top-10 in yards per catch, top-15 in TD's.

He's a #1 receiver.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Dec 30 2013, 01:39 AM) *

Saint Nick … QB Nick Foles finished the regular season as the NFL’s leader in passer rating (119.2), becoming the first Eagle to do so since Tommy Thompson in 1948 and 1949. Foles finished with the third-best QB rating for a season in NFL history (Aaron Rodgers – 122.5 in 2011, Peyton Manning – 121.1 in 2004) … Foles threw for 263 yards and two touchdowns against the Cowboys for a 124.4 rating, marking his ninth game this season with a passer rating over 100, which tied Donovan McNabb’s franchise record set in 2004 ... For the season, Foles threw 27 touchdowns and just two interceptions. In doing so, he posted the best TD/INT ratio in NFL history and became the only quarterback to throw over 20 touchdowns and fewer than two interceptions. He also joined Tom Brady (36 TDs, 4 INTs in 2010) as the only quarterbacks to throw over 25 touchdowns and fewer than five interceptions ... With two interceptions in 317 attempts this season, Foles’ 0.63% interception percentage ranks as the third-lowest in NFL history ... His 27 touchdown passes tied for the fifth-highest single-season total in Eagles history ... Foles is currently the franchise’s all-time leader in QB rating (101.0) and completion percentage (62.5). He also set the single-season franchise mark in completion percentage (64.0).

I'd want to see another full season with him before I say "superstar". But he is a keeper, I will now concede. if only because he's so improbably efficient when he has a bad day. no "Eli" games of multiple picks!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Dec 30 2013, 02:01 PM) *
I'd want to see another full season with him before I say "superstar". But he is a keeper, I will now concede. if only because he's so improbably efficient when he has a bad day. no "Eli" games of multiple picks!

Turnovers are the single biggest difference between this year and our recent struggles.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Dec 30 2013, 10:55 AM) *
Maclin's return to form remains to be seen. If we don't bring him back then we need to draft WR.

Maclin and Cooper become free agents. I'm not opposed to bringing back Maclin, but not at extreme cost. At this point I'd say resign Cooper, draft a couple WRs, and go
after a free agent. Eric Decker will be available and would be perfect for this offense, and probably not too expensive. Also, we can always hope the Saints are stupid
enough to let Graham test the market, maybe make a pass at him.
Phits
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 30 2013, 12:43 PM) *

We have a guy like that in Cooper. DeSean is our #1.
SpudDogg
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 30 2013, 12:56 PM) *
Desean was top-20 in catches, top-10 in yards, top-10 in yards per catch, top-15 in TD's.

He's a #1 receiver.

It seams every year this conversation comes up.

I like Deasean but let's be realistic. He doesn't fight for the ball, he's too small physically. He will consistently run out of bounds to avoid a hit. He gives up on plays trying to draw penalties. The number of times you can see him attempting to lay a block in a season you can count on one hand, and when he does he's largely ineffective (size?).

For the last 13 years at least this team has been missing a far-and-away star wideout, except 04. I know, the argument regarding 05...

A lot of people on this board will talk until blue in the face that the Eagles don't need a wide receiver. Someone said Calvin, could you imagine this offense with Calvin? Or Fitz?

Just because those guys aren't available doesn't mean the Eagles don't need them or that the offense wouldn't be better with someone like them.

I'm rooting for Desean just as much as anyone, and I like him because I have to. Face it. We're settling for Desean Jackson as our #1 receiver.

Period.

(I know this will probably not be a popular reply on this board. I just feel like someone needed to say it.)
mcnabbulous
His numbers indicate that he's a number one.

How many of the other guys in the league can out run almost everyone? He catches almost everything thrown his way, he gets yards after the catch. With a competent QB, he proved that he can score from anywhere on the field.

He's a #1. And no, we aren't acquiring one of those other guys any time soon. You either have to have a top-5 pick or get a head case that slips in the draft.
SpudDogg
He is indeed fast. Forgot to mention that lol
Eyrie
Who wouldn't like Fitzgerald or Johnson rather than Cooper or Macklin to pair with Jackson?

But I'll happily have Jackson as our #1 WR and most teams around the league would like him in that role as well.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 30 2013, 12:45 PM) *
Yeah, we should probably try to trade for Calvin Johnson. So many guys are available out there who are better than Desean. Team's just love getting rid of those guys.

Or did I miss the day at school where they were cloning Larry Fitzgerald?

You just love to hear yourself talk. Makes you feel smarter than you are, doesn't it?
Rick
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Dec 30 2013, 11:23 PM) *
It seams every year this conversation comes up.

I like Deasean but let's be realistic. He doesn't fight for the ball, he's too small physically. He will consistently run out of bounds to avoid a hit. He gives up on plays trying to draw penalties. The number of times you can see him attempting to lay a block in a season you can count on one hand, and when he does he's largely ineffective (size?).

For the last 13 years at least this team has been missing a far-and-away star wideout, except 04. I know, the argument regarding 05...

A lot of people on this board will talk until blue in the face that the Eagles don't need a wide receiver. Someone said Calvin, could you imagine this offense with Calvin? Or Fitz?

Just because those guys aren't available doesn't mean the Eagles don't need them or that the offense wouldn't be better with someone like them.

I'm rooting for Desean just as much as anyone, and I like him because I have to. Face it. We're settling for Desean Jackson as our #1 receiver.

Period.

(I know this will probably not be a popular reply on this board. I just feel like someone needed to say it.)

I feel exactly the same way. I love DeSean but I want a big, strong receiver. Love Cooper but he's not a #1. I love having a guy like Cooper who will get down and dirty and make catches happen at big moments but I also remember what it was like when we actually had a big, strong receiver. We went to the SB.

DeSean is a great receiver, I don't want him to go anywhere. But, give Foles another big target and DeSean becomes even bigger. They can't double cover both DeSean and someone else. Someone would be open just about all of the time.

But, some people around here know more than everyone else...
Rick
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 31 2013, 05:05 AM) *
Who wouldn't like Fitzgerald or Johnson rather than Cooper or Macklin to pair with Jackson?

But I'll happily have Jackson as our #1 WR and most teams around the league would like him in that role as well.

Absolutely. Not saying DeSean should go elsewhere nor am I saying we can't do well with what we've got--we've shown we can this season. But, regardless of that, we can still make this offense more potent. And that's a good thing.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 31 2013, 07:59 AM) *
You just love to hear yourself talk. Makes you feel smarter than you are, doesn't it?

I don't know if you understand how typing and reading work, but those aren't audible things.
It's not about being smarter than I think. It's being smarter than the person I'm conversing with. In this case, that is you. Your first sentence pretty much sums that up.
The numbers speak for themselves. Desean is a #1. Those guys don't all fit into one physical mold. It's okay to admit being wrong.
xsv
Truth be told, I'd take a TO/Fitz type of #1 receiver over a Desean / Steve Smith type of #1 receiver any day.

But I don't think it's realistic to think that we can get one of each. The only possible way we could do that is to draft a big strong guy early, and hope he pans out. And quite frankly, we *need* all of those high round picks to go towards bringing in more defensive talent or shoring up the oline (replacing Herrimans)

No way we could bring in a free agent at the position. Not with what we're already paying Desean.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 31 2013, 10:25 AM) *
Truth be told, I'd take a TO/Fitz type of #1 receiver over a Desean / Steve Smith type of #1 receiver any day.

But I don't think it's realistic to think that we can get one of each. The only possible way we could do that is to draft a big strong guy early, and hope he pans out. And quite frankly, we *need* all of those high round picks to go towards bringing in more defensive talent or shoring up the oline (replacing Herrimans)

No way we could bring in a free agent at the position. Not with what we're already paying Desean.

Yes. This is exactly what it comes down to.
Zero
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 31 2013, 10:25 AM) *

But it seems there's normally a second tier, big bodied, pseudo #1 receiver available in FA. I say "pseudo #1" because either he's played behind a true #1, has had injuries that have kept him off the field or isn't quite that good (yet?). DJax, Maclin and/or Cooper + a guy like that to Celek and Ertz and SHAZAAM! I kind of thought that was why they signed Benn last year.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 31 2013, 08:21 AM) *
It's being smarter than the person I'm conversing with.

If that ever happens, please let us know. Maybe you can debate the capital gains tax with a toddler?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 31 2013, 01:46 PM) *
If that ever happens, please let us know. Maybe you can debate the capital gains tax with a toddler?

Since you obsessively respond to every post I make on this board, it happens quite frequently.
Rick
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Dec 31 2013, 01:46 PM) *

I was thinking something along these lines. But the toddler would be too smart for him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 31 2013, 02:16 PM) *
I was thinking something along these lines. But the toddler would be too smart for him.

Jesus christ, if the two of you could appreciate the irony in your own words...

You're right Rick, we should go out and get one of the 5 #1 receivers in the NFL that you're thinking of.

What should we offer for CJ? Think they'd do a swap of second round picks? Wait, I bet one of these teams is going to let their start WR hit free agency. We'll just scoop them up on the open market.

This fucking place sometimes.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 31 2013, 02:20 PM) *
Jesus christ, if the two of you could appreciate the irony in your own words...

You're right Rick, we should go out and get one of the 5 #1 receivers in the NFL that you're thinking of.

What should we offer for CJ? Think they'd do a swap of second round picks? Wait, I bet one of these teams is going to let their start WR hit free agency. We'll just scoop them up on the open market.

This fucking place sometimes.

And if you could get over yourself for just one second, you'd understand what I--and others--are talking about. Apparently, you cannot though so I'll just stop.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 31 2013, 02:23 PM) *
And if you could get over yourself for just one second, you'd understand what I--and others--are talking about. Apparently, you cannot though so I'll just stop.

That's good. Because you have no capacity to articulate your ridiculous point. You should have stopped before you started.

You proposed something that is actually impossible. Sorry for embarrassing you by calling you out on it.

It's amazing to think that this was once the best place to have an intelligent conversation about the Eagles. Sadly, that all ended on September 15, 2010.

Desean Jackson, for the first time in his career, has had competent QB play. He put up over 1300 yards catching. He's 27 years old. The last thing we need to be looking for is a "better #1 than Desean Jackson."

You probably still think we should sign Plaxico Burress or that big third down back we always need.
D Rock
I have to agree. It's not that rick isn't absolutely correct in thinking our team (any team) would be better w a CJ or LFitz type of player. But it's rather lame commentary clearly pulled from the obvious file. Most teams would be better off with a pair of Reggie Whites playing defensive ends too. Funny how few teams actually seem to accomplish that, no?
koolaidluke
Foles is a very tough guy to evaluate. I know the feeling in league circles is it's just Chip's scheme making him look good but I'm not convinced.

Foles has a some strong suites that I don't think are scheme related:
1. He doesn't turn the ball over. Ever. He's like McNabb on steroids in the turnover department.
2. The guy is simply elite in the redzone. He is every bit as good in the RZ as Manning or Brady, and actually I think his numbers there are even better. Vick running the exact same offense was dog shit in the redzone so I don't believe it is scheme related.
3. He may be the best deep passer of all time. I know that sounds crazy because of his noodle girl arm but what he lacks in arm strength he makes up for in timing and placement. I love the way he lets gives his receivers a chance to make plays. Dallas was willing to let McCoy run wild to take away the deep ball and they still couldn't do it.

Don't get me wrong, I see some serious holes in his game and I don't think he is as good as his numbers this year suggest (if he was, he would be far and way the greatest QB in NFL history) but I think he's legit.

I don't particularly enjoy his interviews, however.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 31 2013, 02:39 PM) *
It's amazing to think that this was once the best place to have an intelligent conversation about the Eagles. Sadly, that all ended on September 15, 2010.

What are you referring to?
xsv
The last thing we need to be looking for is a "better #1 than Desean Jackson."

I wouldn't go that far. I think you always need to be looking for players that are better than the ones you've got.

Problem is, in order to get a better #1 than DJax, you're probably going to either have to spend a very high draft pick on a WR, or pay a ton of money to a free agent. IMO, neither of these are currently viable options.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Dec 30 2013, 01:39 AM) *

I think you left one little small fact out BW.

I heard the other day that he has the highest passer rating EVER for any QB in their first 16 starts.

I guess that's OK if you like that type of production from a "non franchise QB" rolleyes.gif
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 31 2013, 09:08 PM) *
I think you left one little small fact out BW.

I heard the other day that he has the highest passer rating EVER for any QB in their first 16 starts.

I guess that's OK if you like that type of production from a "non franchise QB" rolleyes.gif

The fact that this thread was hijacked into a debate about DJax worthiness as a #1 WR boggles my mind.

Fact Foles is our starter going forward, DJax is #1 WR unless we pull off some major FA move.

Just watched the Cowboy breakdown on Eagles Extra, and they confirmed what I thought, this team continues to improve every week. Yeah it became a grind it out kind of game, but they still played smart football. Foles stats in the first half were actually stellar, protection became a problem in the second half and Kelly countered that with the pound Shady approach. Smart football. Do you realize we ended the season with a nearly fifty-fifty split between run and pass, skewed a little more to the run side. FABULOUS! Balanced attack, protect the football, and score points...the way to win.
Chip Kelly
The post above this one kind of covered this already, but Nick Foles plays really smart football. I mean think about it, how many times has he made an outright terrible decision? Maybe a handful of times? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of many.

People were complaining about him taking sacks. I have no problem with this. Sure, it loses yards, but I'd rather him lose yards than throw up a duck.

Does he really "drop his eyes" if his first read isn't there as Collinsworth was saying?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Dec 31 2013, 09:40 PM) *
The post above this one kind of covered this already, but Nick Foles plays really smart football. I mean think about it, how many times has he made an outright terrible decision? Maybe a handful of times? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of many.

People were complaining about him taking sacks. I have no problem with this. Sure, it loses yards, but I'd rather him lose yards than throw up a duck.
There are alternatives to both. Sacks are drive killers. He has to do a better job there. I'm sure Chip will fix that for this week, because he hates sacks.

Does he really "drop his eyes" if his first read isn't there as Collinsworth was saying?

There was an article on Philly.com today where Jaws was countering that argument. I had never seen it from Foles. I think Colinsworth was full of shit. You don't have the season Foles just had if that is the case.
Chip Kelly
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 31 2013, 11:01 PM) *
There was an article on Philly.com today where Jaws was countering that argument. I had never seen it from Foles. I think Colinsworth was full of shit. You don't have the season Foles just had if that is the case.

Figured so. I wasn't seeing it either. There were a few times last game where Foles did his best to avoid pressure (he ain't no Vick) and found the open guy down the field. Collinsworth can suck it.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 31 2013, 10:01 PM) *
There are alternatives to both. Sacks are drive killers. He has to do a better job there. I'm sure Chip will fix that for this week, because he hates sacks.

More fodder...what sticks out in this article, only QB with over 300 pass plays not to throw a pick while under pressure, though he takes almost the most sacks (% wise).

When the boys blitzed 12 times, Foles was 8-9 on pass plays for 100+ yards and a TD.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...erceptions.html
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Dec 31 2013, 09:26 PM) *
The fact that this thread was hijacked into a debate about DJax worthiness as a #1 WR boggles my mind.

Fact Foles is our starter going forward, DJax is #1 WR unless we pull off some major FA move.

Just watched the Cowboy breakdown on Eagles Extra, and they confirmed what I thought, this team continues to improve every week. Yeah it became a grind it out kind of game, but they still played smart football. Foles stats in the first half were actually stellar, protection became a problem in the second half and Kelly countered that with the pound Shady approach. Smart football. Do you realize we ended the season with a nearly fifty-fifty split between run and pass, skewed a little more to the run side. FABULOUS! Balanced attack, protect the football, and score points...the way to win.

F
I heard that the last two games we had 27 4th qtr plays and we ran the ball 24 times
Eyrie
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Jan 1 2014, 02:40 AM) *

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Jan 1 2014, 03:33 AM) *
More fodder...what sticks out in this article, only QB with over 300 pass plays not to throw a pick while under pressure, though he takes almost the most sacks (% wise).

When the boys blitzed 12 times, Foles was 8-9 on pass plays for 100+ yards and a TD.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...erceptions.html

Think back to what Kelly said when he first came here, and he emphasised that what he looks for in a QB is decision making and protecting the ball, not athleticism as many erroneously assumed.

Foles has played better than anyone expected and it turns out that he is a near-perfect fit for our offense.
Rick
That's good. Because you have no capacity to articulate your ridiculous point. You should have stopped before you started.

You proposed something that is actually impossible. Sorry for embarrassing you by calling you out on it.

Desean Jackson, for the first time in his career, has had competent QB play. He put up over 1300 yards catching. He's 27 years old. The last thing we need to be looking for is a "better #1 than Desean Jackson."

You probably still think we should sign Plaxico Burress or that big third down back we always need.

::::sigh:::

Are you still going on? I'm not surprised.
Rick
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 31 2013, 05:26 PM) *
I have to agree. It's not that rick isn't absolutely correct in thinking our team (any team) would be better w a CJ or LFitz type of player. But it's rather lame commentary clearly pulled from the obvious file. Most teams would be better off with a pair of Reggie Whites playing defensive ends too. Funny how few teams actually seem to accomplish that, no?

Well, you, at least, get what I'm saying. Just because something isn't likely doesn't mean you can't wish for it. For instance, I wish I could win one of these huge lotteries. The chances of it happening are much worse than the Eagles getting another receiver like that. Yet I still wish it would happen.

As you, myself and a few others have said, it would make the team better. You seem to get it, unfortunately, some people around here don't understand things like this. They like to try to act like they're smarter than everyone else. If you've got to work so hard to try and prove this, it's likely you are not. I'm just sayin.....
Rick
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Dec 31 2013, 07:39 PM) *
Foles is a very tough guy to evaluate. I know the feeling in league circles is it's just Chip's scheme making him look good but I'm not convinced.

Foles has a some strong suites that I don't think are scheme related:
1. He doesn't turn the ball over. Ever. He's like McNabb on steroids in the turnover department.
2. The guy is simply elite in the redzone. He is every bit as good in the RZ as Manning or Brady, and actually I think his numbers there are even better. Vick running the exact same offense was dog shit in the redzone so I don't believe it is scheme related.
3. He may be the best deep passer of all time. I know that sounds crazy because of his noodle girl arm but what he lacks in arm strength he makes up for in timing and placement. I love the way he lets gives his receivers a chance to make plays. Dallas was willing to let McCoy run wild to take away the deep ball and they still couldn't do it.

Don't get me wrong, I see some serious holes in his game and I don't think he is as good as his numbers this year suggest (if he was, he would be far and way the greatest QB in NFL history) but I think he's legit.

I don't particularly enjoy his interviews, however.

Well-said. I don't believe he's only good because of the scheme. Yes, he is a pocket passer--something which seems to have been going out of favor in the NFL--but he is a very GOOD pocket passer. Give him a decent offensive line and decent receivers and I think he still puts numbers up. He still makes great decisions and does a great job of going through his options. As you've said, he's downright deadly in the red zone and he doesn't turn the ball over. What more do you want from a pocket passing QB?

It will be exciting to see how he grows and adapts as the league adapts to him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 2 2014, 07:32 AM) *
Well, you, at least, get what I'm saying. Just because something isn't likely doesn't mean you can't wish for it. For instance, I wish I could win one of these huge lotteries. The chances of it happening are much worse than the Eagles getting another receiver like that. Yet I still wish it would happen.

Well you can wish in one hand and crap in the other -- and see which gets filled first. Just because I think what you're saying is stupid, doesn't mean I don't "get it."

Edit: And by the way, I'm just busting your chops. Lighten up, it's a fucking message board.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.