Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Time To Give It Up To The Best Player On Our Team This Season
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
Donnie "Punt God" Jones

Behind every big win this season is a booming Donnie Jones punt to pin the other team deep in their own territory. He's won us many a game on his punts alone including tonight. So thank you Donnie Jones, for making us forget all the terrible seasons with Sav Rocca, and that waste of a season Chas Henry.

Donnie Jones, this WingHeads MVP trophy is for you jumpclap.gif
MistahNickells
great post
Rick
Have to absolutely agree on this. You don't ever usually talk about the punter unless he sucks. This guy has been just plain good all season.
Jax
Can't imagine there is someone more deserving of the Pro Bowl than Donnie Jones.
Eyrie
Certainly the special teams MVP, but I couldn't put him ahead of McCoy for our overall MVP.
xsv
I read somewhere that someone called him "Donnie Football".

That's hilarious. He's been a great signing. Best punter we've had since Landetta, and might be better.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 30 2013, 01:21 AM) *
Donnie "Punt God" Jones

Behind every big win this season is a booming Donnie Jones punt to pin the other team deep in their own territory. He's won us many a game on his punts alone including tonight. So thank you Donnie Jones, for making us forget all the terrible seasons with Sav Rocca, and that waste of a season Chas Henry.

Donnie Jones, this WingHeads MVP trophy is for you :jumpclap

Donnie Football!! he is the Punt God. even when the Eagles get stopped deep in their own territory, Donnie will get it to the 30. Can't be mad at that.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Dec 30 2013, 09:45 AM) *
Can't imagine there is someone more deserving of the Pro Bowl than Donnie Jones.

There isn't, Jones could definitely be the best punter in the league. Hekker got in from St. Louis, no punter or kicker who plays in a dome should ever be a Pro Bowler.
JeeQ
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 30 2013, 08:27 AM) *
I read somewhere that someone called him "Donnie Football".

That's hilarious. He's been a great signing. Best punter we've had since Landetta, and might be better.

Donnie Football, I love it laugh.gif
nephillymike
I agree.

How the hell he didn't make the Pro Bowl, I'll never understand.

He's done a great job.
Zero
Everyone knows the pro bowl is essentially a popularity contest. Peters was more a return selection, not just because of what he's done in the past, but I'll bet that was a big part. Shady earned his spot, hands down.

But there were others who at least deserved some recognition but probably didn't have a legitimate chance, maybe because the league doesn't take the team seriously yet. I think this is evidenced by Collinsworth's genuflecting for the Cowboys ... but he's not the only one. I know all those tweets (by twits) may not be current, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a majority of Arians clones out there who don't look at Kelly's approach the same way we do. This has a chance of benefiting the Eagles although I'm not sure that Payton isn't too smart to discount them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.