Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are the Eagles getting new uniforms?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Foles Cheesesteaks
Guy at work told me a few weeks back that we were rumored to be getting new uniforms next year. Anyone heard anything?

I love our current set. It's tradition. It's one of the finest looks in the NFL. I hate change. I hope this has NO truth to it.

Fly Eagles Fly.
Chip Kelly
I don't think they will, but if they do, I'd love to see them go back to these.

20dawk
I don't care too much for the current uniforms either way. I like the Kelly green ones but my favorite are the black ones from early 2000s. I would like to see them come back with a little twist to them. I know they just wore them and it was sweet. Add some green in there somewhere. I just hope I never have to see them awful blue and yellow jerseys again.
Jax
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Dec 29 2013, 04:05 AM) *
I don't think they will, but if they do, I'd love to see them go back to these.

Agree!!!
Jax
Or perhaps stick with the current wings and go back to the Kelly Green color with the silver/grey. The older wings were badass but the current wings are a little more modern looking. I also prefer the soaring eagle with the football to the angry Eagle head logo.
Foles Cheesesteaks
So no one has heard the rumor then?
Foles Cheesesteaks
I just want a look that sticks forever.
samaroo
QUOTE (20dawk @ Dec 29 2013, 06:09 AM) *
I don't care too much for the current uniforms either way. I like the Kelly green ones but my favorite are the black ones from early 2000s. I would like to see them come back with a little twist to them. I know they just wore them and it was sweet. Add some green in there somewhere. I just hope I never have to see them awful blue and yellow jerseys again.

Aww, man, i liked those!

I like the modern uniforms, but if we went back to Kelly green i would be ecstatic! Just don't go all new age like so many other teams (see Sea, Jax, Mia, etc.) Keep it classy, and classic.
Rick
QUOTE (Foles Cheesesteaks @ Dec 29 2013, 10:29 AM) *
I just want a look that sticks forever.

No.
Foles Cheesesteaks
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 29 2013, 03:53 PM) *
No.

Why?
Rick
QUOTE (Foles Cheesesteaks @ Dec 29 2013, 04:24 PM) *
Why?

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post. You asked whether we'd heard the rumor. I was replying to that. I've not heard anything about it except for this thread.
20dawk
This all probably came from having chip here. Oregon changes uniforms every game or something like that so people were talking about how he would change the eagles'.

It also seems to come up at the end of every year. Nike released its new uniforms for every team a couple years ago once they found out they would get the deal over reebok or Adidas. So people seem to find it and the rumor starts that it's new but it's actually old and people don't know how to check the dates on the articles they read.

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d8280d850

Not exactly sure when this article came out but it wasn't any time with in theist couple months. But if someone searches new uniforms on google this comes up.

That's just my guess though.
samaroo
I, for one, hate the new jerseys the nfl is adopting. Some teams have them, some don't. I think they're Nike, but could be wrong. They have that weird zigzag design on the front of the collar, and feel like a cheap knockoff. I was very glad to see that our beloved Eagles didn't go with that tend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.